Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the universe as a whole you would have to do on your own using Earth resources following the conquest of the earth, though how you do this (whether by taking the place of a real u.s. leader, or taking control of the modern u.s.) is up to you, and we will happily provide the resources needed for initial empire building, and we will of course keep your actual body unharmed as you take over an alternate version of yourself.
The conquer Switzerland deal can be done on your own, or you can start off with it conquered if you invest in the expeditionary package.

Alright, sounds good!
I'll forgo the expeditionary package, thank you.

Just a little something stupid.
View attachment 424943

money-throw-1.jpg

It never officially stopped being a vassal. You could make an argument that the Roman Empire continued into the 18th century until Napoleon conquered Venice.

It never officially stopped being a vassal. You could make an argument that the Roman Empire continued into the 18th century until Napoleon conquered Venice.

Wait really? Would have thought that sacking Constantinople would be a strong enough of an act that showed they weren't a Byzantine vassal. Or you know not even aligned with it. Political fictions and history ignoring fact is always a fun thing I guess.

Wait really? Would have thought that sacking Constantinople would be a strong enough of an act that showed they weren't a Byzantine vassal. Or you know not even aligned with it. Political fictions and history ignoring fact is always a fun thing I guess.
Venice: "Stop invading yourself, stop invading yourself"
Byzantium: *Imperial weeping*

History becomes very exciting through the lens of de jure legal fictions. You can't get epics like the 300 Year War between the Dutch and the Sicilians, or the vicious 102-year-long Russo-Japanese War between Montenegro and Japan with real history.

Last edited:
History becomes very exciting through the lens of de jure legal fictions. You can't get epics like the 300 Year War between the Dutch and the Sicilians, or the vicious 102-year-long Russo-Japanese War between Montenegro and Japan.

Yeah some similar things include the Qing claiming that everyone were their tributaries and San Marino not signing a peace treaty with Turkey after WW1 for some time. Other fun things include some towns in New York seceding from US during the civil war and rejoining in 1950s (and there were people who voted against rejoining the Union) or that some towns/small principality being forgotten in the founding document of the Kingdom of Italy when it describes its territory and the former nations that held that land. Also fun: West Germany claiming Weimar borders in the east up until the seventies.

Here are some new maps for you all.

First, a map of the Hoi4 Mod The Sun Sets, detailing what would happen if there was never a British Empire.
tss.png

Then, I decided to balkanize the USA and Europe for the hell of it.
usad.png

speurope.png

Hey remember that time I started writing a TL on the Milwaukee Road? Well, I've finally gotten back to that to some extent. I'll do a proper reboot at some point, but I want to finish with the Twin Cities Rail Hub project first. In the meantime, here's a map showing the final state of the Milwaukee Pacific Railroad.
After merging with the Chicago Northwestern in 1969, and gaining access to interchanges at Portland, Spokane, and Butte due to the Burlington Northern merger, the Road was brimming with new traffic. Not all of it was created equal, however, and the new Road quickly began pruning its system starting the moment the merger went through. The mid 70s brought the electrified portions east to Miles City, MT (the gap was closed by this point ITTL) and expansion into the Powder River Basin, connecting Miles City to their Colony branch and a connection to the UP near Torrington. This did put a financial strain on the Road, combined with the UP-RI merger in 74 taking some overhead traffic away and the cost of completely rebuilding their electrified lines put them in dire straights by the 80s.
While they would've slowly crawled back as-is, three drastic measures not only pulled them from the brink, but propelled them to rival their counterpart Burlington Northern. The first was the sale of most of the Wisconsin division to the Green Bay and Western Railroad (shown in red) for an undisclosed sum and 60% ownership in the company, which they retain to this day. The fast cash was enough to enough to upgrade the "Cowboy Line" from Casper WY to Missouri Valley, IA to handle increase shipments of Powder River coal, instead of handing the trains off to UP at Cheyenne or BN at either Orin or Gillette. They also bought the former Northern Pacific line from Duluth to the Twin Cities around this time. The second was a trackage rights agreement with BN. BN got rights over the MILW from Miles City to Gillette, and Orin WY to Crawford NE, in exchange the MILW got joint ownership of the Casper-Orin line and trackage rights on the BN portion between Gillette and Orin. The third was the merger with the Missouri Pacific. Both railroads saw the benefit of connecting their lines, as it'd create a system not unlike BN's, with single-line shipments from the Gulf Coast to the Pacific Northwest. With UP too busy dumping cash into the former RI, the Denver Rio Grande Western picked up the Western Pacific around this time, leading to an increase in traffic on the Milwaukee Pacific's Pueblo-KC line. There is also a large, if shrinking, amount of overhead traffic from the UP, as they've only recently begun to double track their Omaha-Chicago main line.
Today, the three top traffic sources are agricultural, coal, and intermodal. There's two big electrification projects in the works: TC-Chicago and Omaha-PRB. The former is under construction between St Paul and Portage, WI, with the latter being coordinated with capacity expansions. Lines used by passenger trains are:
Arrowhead (TC-Duluth, 2x daily)
North Coast Hiawatha (Chicago-TC and Lind, WA-Seattle)
Texas Eagle (St. Louis- Ft. Worth, Austin-Laredo)
National Limited, Kansas City Mule, and St. Louis Mule (all St. Louis-KC)
Sunset Limited (Baton Rouge- Houston, triweekly)
Denver Eagle (Osage City KS -Pueblo, triweekly)
all trains daily unless noted.
Divisions going clockwise from Washington are Coast, Mountain, Badlands, Dakota, Upper Mississippi, Iowa, Wisconsin & Illinois, Central, Lower Mississippi, Ozark, and Texas.
UcFkUxC.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.