Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prester John is a fascinating legend.
prester john.png

For this, I included lands that;
were considered historical locations for his kingdom (India, Central Asia, Persia)
were home to historical figures or legends believed to have inspired or influenced the story of Prester John (Mesopotamia, Syria, lands of Qara Khitai)
were proposed as alternative locations to the more popular locations (Horn of Africa, Georgia)
Enjoy.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about making a worlda cover of this. I'll do this region by region. If you want to throw me ideas, you can PM me.

Feel free. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! I haven't thought too much about the rest of the world, but I'll send you some of the preliminary ideas I had over PM.

PYrSWIm.png

((This is roughly based off the Man in the High Castle, but with quite a few modifications.))
The United States of America, Mexico, and Canada were all divided like a cake after World War Two. The nations were divided as follows:

Japan:
Pacific States of America
- Most of the West Coast has adapted to life under Japanese rule. Not the best place to live, but it's certainly better than most of the continent.

Arizona - A penal colony for the Japanese to send their trouble makers to. Also works as a great place to test those ever so valuable nuclear weapons.

Italy:
Yucatan Republic
- Not much here, penal colony for the Italians. Ocassionally likes to revolt, but that usually gets put down quick. Lots of citizens escape to Free Mexico, maybe one day...

Republic of Texas - The tail wagging the dog of Italy. A surprisingly power nation and Italy's supplier of North American Oil. Also is where most Italians go to for vacations... and Tax havens.

State of Yellowstone - Location of Italy's secret warehouse full of scientific innovations. Hoping that neither Japan nor Germany learns about it.

Germany:
Deseret Union
- Under German control in-name-only. However, it is one of the most loyal states to come out of the war. Despite some initial conflict, the Germans have taken quite a liking to Mormonism.

Union of American Republics (UAR) - Run by the KKK, the UAR is one of the worst places to live on the continent. If possible, people try to escape to the United States, but even then it's not like they can do much.

Montreal Canada - A thrownbone to all those Canadaian allies in during the World War, Montreal Canada is mildly independent and is the favorite place of those from Vichy France to come visit on holiday. Mostly free from German Control.

All:
Northern Republic of America (NRA)
- The Northern Republic of America is not really an independent nation, but rather a patch of land that German, Japanese, and Italian companies can play around in. Especially those looking for oil. Though the State of Yellowstone and Italian Government have been threatening to just annex their section outright. Tensions are brewing and who knows what will come from it.

None:
United States of America
- All that remains of the former government of the United States. Their capital is now Des Moines, Iowa. Those who wish to escape the Nazi Regieme usually flee here, but the US has no military to protect their borders so Nazi Bounty Hunters roam the area.

United States of Mexico - The remains of the Mexican Government. Home to one of the largest revolutionary cells on the continent, though some have heard that the Axis might arrive to crush this brewing rebellion.

PYrSWIm.png

((This is roughly based off the Man in the High Castle, but with quite a few modifications.))
The United States of America, Mexico, and Canada were all divided like a cake after World War Two. The nations were divided as follows:

United States of America - All that remains of the former government of the United States. Their capital is now Des Moines, Iowa. Those who wish to escape the Nazi Regieme usually flee here, but the US has no military to protect their borders so Nazi Bounty Hunters roam the area.

If the US has no military, then what's to stop any of the Axis Powers from just sweeping across the Mississippi and taking it over?

The Nazis being so generous to the Italians seems atypical. But then these Italians seems to have received an injection of Draka blood. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.