Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stereotype map of my shithole country. Obviously a meme, don't take it too seriously. :)
As a native Melbournian, I am extremely offended at being called entitled. I demand you compensate me for your slight against our great state. :p

Seriously though, this is pretty good, although I would personally consider WA to be Oz's Texas: it's larger compared to the other states, naturally rich in resources, and has a historically prominent secessionist movement. Queensland is more a mixture of other various Deep South state stereotypes.

Have you heard Sammy J and Randy's song on Aussie Stereotypes?

As a native Melbournian, I am extremely offended at being called entitled. I demand you compensate me for your slight against our great state. :p

Seriously though, this is pretty good, although I would personally consider WA to be Oz's Texas: it's larger compared to the other states, naturally rich in resources, and has a historically prominent secessionist movement. Queensland is more a mixture of other various Deep South state stereotypes.

Have you heard Sammy J and Randy's song on Aussie Stereotypes?

Hmm... True.

But we had Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen as Premier for 20 years, which makes any of the right-wing moral guardian-types look weak in comparison. :p

I find it weird that Queensland is considered a conservative state in the American sense of the word, which usually implies some level of religious right influence or just a deep sense of moralism. I see it as more of a laissez-faire kind of social conservatism imo, kinda like what the modern movement has turned into today.

No, I haven't heard that song.

Hmm... True.

But we had Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen as Premier for 20 years, which makes any of the right-wing moral guardian-types look weak in comparison. :p

I find it weird that Queensland is considered a conservative state in the American sense of the word, which usually implies some level of religious right influence or just a deep sense of moralism. I see it as more of a laissez-faire kind of social conservatism imo, kinda like what the modern movement has turned into today.

Fair point. I consume a lot of American-made political comedy, so I'm probably used to coming from it at that angle.

No, I haven't heard that song.

It's quite likely the only Christmas song with the lyrics "Santa's sleeping with his cousin | And all the reindeers have two heads". :D

stereotype_map_of_australia_by_kitfisto1997-dc67yui.png

A stereotype map of my shithole country. Obviously a meme, don't take it too seriously. :)
sometimes Australia feels like another state in the usa, except the wild life can kill you from every day to Easter Sunday, no wait the south can do that as well sometimes:p. grate map though.

Just a "concept"
I saw some pictures of russian folk heroes by Roman Papsuev/amoka (http://weirdrussia.com/2015/11/11/tales-of-old-rus-illustrations-by-roman-papsuev/) and I was like, damn, they look like some w40k primarchs or even GEOM himself...
And today I remembered it and have idea of russian empires stuck in eternal war with chaos america... Emperor as combination of Ivan the Terrible, Peter the Great, Alexander I. and Stalin, bogatyrs instead of marines and so on... I have intention to work on it a little bit more (and do at least less shitty and more... complete map) but there are still lots of white spaces which I am not sure or absolutely dont know what to do with them.
Hmm, maybe I could do a new thread? Not only for my ideas, that would be a waste, but for Warhammer in general?

EDIT: hehe, as I think about it, it is basically inversion of RVBOmallys W2K (not my intention! :D)

Attachments

• Rushammer.jpg
    Rushammer.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 486
Just a "concept"
I saw some pictures of russian folk heroes by Roman Papsuev/amoka (http://weirdrussia.com/2015/11/11/tales-of-old-rus-illustrations-by-roman-papsuev/) and I was like, damn, they look like some w40k primarchs or even GEOM himself...
And today I remembered it and have idea of russian empires stuck in eternal war with chaos america... Emperor as combination of Ivan the Terrible, Peter the Great, Alexander I. and Stalin, bogatyrs instead of marines and so on... I have intention to work on it a little bit more (and do at least less shitty and more... complete map) but there are still lots of white spaces which I am not sure or absolutely dont know what to do with them.
Hmm, maybe I could do a new thread? Not only for my ideas, that would be a waste, but for Warhammer in general?

EDIT: hehe, as I think about it, it is basically inversion of RVBOmallys W2K (not my intention! :D)
Perhaps use a worlda basemap?

upload_2018-3-18_12-35-43.png

Just a rough draft of a map to get the ideas out, earlier soviet counter invasion, no German push in Caucasus, Germans pushed beyond their limit in 1942,
Don't worry once I get to the real map it will look a lot better.

ehioOqp.jpg

8OMgxwP.jpg

JIsTDKM.png

Playing around an idea where the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) are a regional passenger rail hub. I haven't settled on all the details yet, but some of the concrete concepts include:
Duluth-St. Paul
Chicago-Grand Forks ND (possibly via Dubuque IA)
St. Paul -Kansas City via Omaha (technically Council Bluffs)
St. Paul-Rapid City via Sioux Falls
Northstar Extension from Big Lake to St. Cloud and from Minneapolis to St. Paul
new Northstar commuter line between St. Paul and Shakopee
commuter line between KC and St. Joseph

I'm debating setting up a "runthrough triangle" where the trains split in Mitchell, Worthington, and Sioux City and re-combine at their respective destinations (i.e. if a train split in Worthington, the half going to Mitchell would meet with it's counterpart that has come from Sioux City). This would work fairly well consider considering they're nearly equidistant, but the Mitchell-Sioux City line would probably have very low ridership. An Alternative would be to substitute Mitchell for Sioux Falls, perhaps giving that line it's own dedicated commuter (short distance?) line as well. but the distances and track alignments don't play as nicely. There's also the issue of timing, which I haven't even begun to try and solve, which could give a fairly clear winner. Or I could ditch the idea altogether. Point is, there's a lot of wiggle room and uncertainty when it comes to this leg of the plan and it kind of makes me want to tear my hair out.

Dementor

Banned
The Rome of the East, or a post-WW1 RomaniaWank
Inspired by this
Long story short: So in a nutshell, the initial Romanian offensive in Transylvania (1916) succeeds in taking most of the area. They dig trenches in Transylvania, then the army turns to Bulgaria. In March 1917 the allies attack from Greece and Bulgaria surrenders on 18th April 1917. The Turks surrender shortly after the Allies arrive at Constantinople on August. Austria is defeated from the back while the Russian revolution still happens. WW1 ends on July 1918. Romania absorbed most of it's neighbours into an alliance and annexed loads of their ethnic and not-so-ethnic lands.
View attachment 376663
No way would the Allies allow Serbia to be partitioned. And they weren't especially sympathetic to the more extravagant Romanian demands, when considering that Greater Romania had already expanded quite a bit beyond its ethnic borders. Also, good luck with holding off the Soviets - they're not to going to give up Odessa easily.

A More Realistic Timeline-191.png

My take on a more realistic Timeline-191 with most of the historical parallelism stripped away. Originally, all I was doing was editing a map so that the Confederates would have the Mexican Empire's Sonora and Chihuahua borders (which had quite different borders than the ones always shown on Timeline-191 maps), but then I decided to keep going and it just snowballed from there.

The map's in the modern day. There isn't a cold war, nor was there ever one (though they came close in the 50s and 60s)- rather, the American and German spheres are engaged in friendly economic competition. The CSA used to be broken up into all of its consecutive states under American puppet regimes sort of like the Warsaw Pact, but the states reunified in 1972. Though the world's at peace, there are some potential places where war might break out- in Argentina, which just annexed Uruguay following a very likely rigged referendum, and in Hungary, where the various ethnic groups which the Hungarians brought with them following the fall of Austria-Hungary are clamoring for independence.

America is the number one world power, with Germany very close behind it, and Brazil, India, Japan, and South Africa are all rising powers. During the 80s and 90s, there was talk of Russia becoming a global superpower, but these predictions were never fulfilled, as Russia fought two civil wars, one between the Tsarists and communists, which the Tsarists won, in 1952, and one between the Tsarists and republicans, which the republicans won, in 1959, both of which scarred the country and set it back nearly a decade. The Ottomans maintain their alliance with Germany and their position as a regional hegemon, content to grow rich off of oil money. There's also China, a corrupt presidential republic that's currently aligned with Germany because Japan is friendly with America, and Indonesia, which is somewhat like OTL Venezuela.

Also, before anyone asks, *Haiti and Greater Liberia are both "Israel" in that they were made into American-backed black homelands following the destruction of Featherston's Confederacy, while the Santo Domingo Free State is somewhat like Palestine. Liberia doesn't have a Palestine.

Last edited:

Lusitania

Donor
View attachment 376929

My take on a more realistic Timeline-191 with most of the historical parallelism stripped away. Originally, all I was doing was editing a map so that the Confederates would have the Mexican Empire's Sonora and Chihuahua borders (which had quite different borders than the ones always shown on Timeline-191 maps), but then I decided to keep going and it just snowballed from there.

The map's in the modern day. There isn't a cold war, nor was there ever one (though they came close in the 50s and 60s)- rather, the American and German spheres are engaged in friendly economic competition. The CSA used to be broken up into all of its consecutive states under American puppet regimes sort of like the Warsaw Pact, but the states reunified in 1972. Though the world's at peace, there are some potential places where war might break out- in Argentina, which just annexed Uruguay following a very likely rigged referendum, and in Hungary, where the various ethnic groups which the Hungarians brought with them following the fall of Austria-Hungary are clamoring for independence.

America is the number one world power, with Germany very close behind it, and Brazil, India, Japan, and South Africa are all rising powers. During the 80s and 90s, there was talk of Russia becoming a global superpower, but these predictions were never fulfilled, as Russia fought two civil wars, one between the Tsarists and communists, which the Tsarists won, in 1952, and one between the Tsarists and republicans, which the republicans won, in 1959, both of which scarred the country and set it back nearly a decade. The Ottomans maintain their alliance with Germany and their position as a regional hegemon, content to grow rich off of oil money. There's also China, a corrupt presidential republic that's currently aligned with Germany because Japan is friendly with America, and Indonesia, which is somewhat like OTL Venezuela.

Also, before anyone asks, *Haiti and Greater Liberia are both "Israel" in that they were made into American-backed black homelands following the destruction of Featherston's Confederacy, while the Santo Domingo Free State is somewhat like Palestine. Liberia doesn't have a Palestine.
Sorry but map in Africa makes no sense. The Germans would of kept east aged man Africa and it could of taken Kenya but the Getmsns would not of given that up while keeping south west Africa.

Plus how is that Portuguese colonies were the only ones taken by USA?

Sorry but map in Africa makes no sense. The Germans would of kept east aged man Africa and it could of taken Kenya but the Getmsns would not of given that up while keeping south west Africa.

Plus how is that Portuguese colonies were the only ones taken by USA?

That was supposed to stay German, I don't know why my dumb brain decided to change it. Thanks for tipping me off.

The Americans didn't "take" the Portuguese colonies, they're American allies and have been since they broke off from Portugal. Portugal chose to stay with Germany because realpolitik.

A simple map of a democratic, American-aligned Venezuela from an alt-Cold War.
I'm Venezuelan myself, and i say that this is nice. But that Aragua wank doesn't have sense, because to the historical importance of Carabobo and the cultural differences of Yaracuy. Now the question: how autoritarian is the PFAR and Brazil?.

I dug through my files and found some old maps, so I figured I'd post them here because I doubt I'm going to do anything else with them.

Ctrl-Alt-Delete.png

This was for a scenario called "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" involving a ridiculously big Soviet Union, Atlantropa being carried out for some reason, a revolt in Spain against the fascists in favor of creating a direct democracy, and Mormon terrorism in the United States.

Second Roman Empire.png

I remember nothing about this one, but the file name was "Second Roman Empire," so I think I meant it to be for an Axis victory where the Italians did a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.