Status
Not open for further replies.
Members of the Western Bloc
Australia, Bavaria, Belgium, Bremen, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Euskara, France, Greece, Guyana, Hesse, Iraq, Ireland, Jordan, Libya, Luxembourg, Kuwait, Mauretania, Morocco, Mozambique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Piedmont, Sardinia, Saxony, Sicily, Soqotra, Somalia, Spain, Sweden, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom. Friendliest of the three blocs with Burma and Iran. Currently at war with the Soviet Bloc.

Members of the Soviet Bloc
Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Chinese People's Republic, Croatia, Central Africa, Ethiopia, Finland, Italy, Korea, Romania, Serbia, Soviet Union. Friendliest of the three blocs with Argentina (really not saying much there). Currently at war with the Western bloc.
My thought is that this will be soooooo mutch worse than OTL WW2 but a possibility is that nukes speed it up a lot.
*This Second Great War will be regarded as even more foolish and pointless than the first one, and as the most destructive war of the twentieth century. It will prove to the world that nuclear weapons are not mere weapons, to be treated as casual tools of the battlefield, as they were in the Arab Wars.
Or I guess not. First great war being OTL WW1 right? OTL WW2 without the Germans would not earn that name I assume.

Last edited:
Goldwater Revolution 1970.png

It has been 6 years since Goldwater won the 1964 election. After winning re-election in 1968 he pushed for a even harder foreign policy and war was declared on the PRC in 1969.

It has been 6 years since Goldwater won the 1964 election. After winning re-election in 1968 he pushed for a even harder foreign policy and war was declared on the PRC in 1969.

War with China in 1969 would have meant simply telling the Soviets that we would be fine with them nuking the Chinese like they asked Nixon if we would be cool with them doing in OTL. Goldwater might have been fine with seeing the USSR and the PRC trade nukes and watch the communist do more damage to communism than he ever could on his own. Goldwater was a lot of things but being stupid enough to invade mainland China was not one of them. Maybe an invasion of North Vietnam would drag the Chinese into the Vietnam War, but Goldwater wouldn't have expanded the conflict by trying to invade China.

War with China in 1969 would have meant simply telling the Soviets that we would be fine with them nuking the Chinese like they asked Nixon if we would be cool with them doing in OTL. Goldwater might have been fine with seeing the USSR and the PRC trade nukes and watch the communist do more damage to communism than he ever could on his own. Goldwater was a lot of things but being stupid enough to invade mainland China was not one of them. Maybe an invasion of North Vietnam would drag the Chinese into the Vietnam War, but Goldwater wouldn't have expanded the conflict by trying to invade China.

Is that legit?!

You're definitely right about that. I just wanted to make one thing on the map that made it 'different'. And i don't want the Soviets to get nuked since i still have plans with them ;)

View attachment 297391

Very interesting. Would change small things in the United States for sure. If he had won he would've pushed for the removal of Glen Canyon Dam which according to him was "the one vote I wish I could take back." Like what @General_Finley said attacking Mainland is too crazy, even for Goldwater. In my opinion, since I was raised in Southern Arizona and grew up with Goldwater, is that he could flip to isolationism if his foreign policies did not work. This will be interesting to see how this will unfold.

Jcw3

Banned
upload_2016-11-29_19-18-18.png

Canada, four years after the nuclear war between the Western bloc and the Soviet bloc. The Indian-American bloc was winged, but made it out mostly unscathed in comparison to its two rival blocs. Canada is almost entirely under American influence these days, with the exception of the Thunder Bay regime, which has managed to squeak together after the devastating war between the two blocs.

Canadian unity mostly fell apart after the war, with the West denouncing the Second Great War as 'Ontario's War', saying that if Canada had just stuck to its side of the Atlantic, they wouldn't have seen so many lost and starved, and Ottawa (god rest her soul) made a convenient target. Add that to the Thunder Bay regime's heavyhandedness in reclaiming territory, and it's no wonder a significant portion of Canada has leapt into the United States' arms.

This takes place in the same universe in my last map in this thread, four years after, to be specific.

View attachment 297488

Canada, four years after the nuclear war between the Western bloc and the Soviet bloc. The Indian-American bloc was winged, but made it out mostly unscathed in comparison to its two rival blocs. Canada is almost entirely under American influence these days, with the exception of the Thunder Bay regime, which has managed to squeak together after the devastating war between the two blocs.

Canadian unity mostly fell apart after the war, with the West denouncing the Second Great War as 'Ontario's War', saying that if Canada had just stuck to its side of the Atlantic, they wouldn't have seen so many lost and starved, and Ottawa (god rest her soul) made a convenient target. Add that to the Thunder Bay regime's heavyhandedness in reclaiming territory, and it's no wonder a significant portion of Canada has leapt into the United States' arms.

This takes place in the same universe in my last map in this thread, four years after, to be specific.
Wow that is e devastating conflict. Especially if 4 or more stats being reverted to territory counts as relatively unscathed.

Jcw3

Banned
Wow that is e devastating conflict. Especially if 4 or more stats being reverted to territory counts as relatively unscathed.

Mostly unscathed in this context means 'still has a coherent government in control of most of their territory pre-SGW.'

Last edited:
10.6/10, would like to read. :cool:

Some interesting implications:

*No Beringia. The Last Glacial Maximum dropped sea levels by about 120 meters, meaning that parts of the Bering Strait would still be underwater. Which means that Paleo-Indians wouldn't start arriving until they had mastered simple boats, about 9000 years BP. Which, in turn, means that when they arrive, they may have domesticated goats, pigs, or sheep with them, along with dogs.
*No Great American Interchange. The Atrato River valley in Colombia is low enough that it would probably chop Panama off from South America by becoming a narrow strait about 20 miles wide. Some of the invasive species would make it by island hopping, but the larger ones would be kept out, allowing a lot of the native South American species to endure into historical times.

Mostly unscathed in this context means 'still has a coherent government in control of most of their territory pre-SGW.'
Interesting the way things work out. The removal of somthing very bad "Nazi Germany" has lead to a dystopian present day. (At least in your scenario) Reminds of of a book siries about time travel I read once that had people going back (in time) with the very good intentions of teaching important lessons and giving better tech to our ancestors but the present ended up mutch worse.

Jcw3

Banned
Interesting the way things work out. The removal of somthing very bad "Nazi Germany" has lead to a dystopian present day. (At least in your scenario) Reminds of of a book siries about time travel I read once that had people going back (in time) with the very good intentions of teaching important lessons and giving better tech to our ancestors but the present ended up mutch worse.

Not dystopian for the whole world. The Indian-American bloc will recover within twenty years, most of Africa, South Asia and Latin America are untouched. Hell, Afghanistan is probably a better place to live right now than Alberta.

upload_2016-11-29_21-9-50.png

Europe preview. Not finished yet. Soviet Union, Iberia, Italy, Scandinavia, Turkey, Greece, Balkans, all unfinished.

Ter.png

Work in progress for a fantasy world... sort of. *South America is basically done; next up is finishing the rivers in *North America and then start to draw the *Old World.

I'm still unconvinced by the placement of icecaps. But it's still a long way to go to make the elevation, biome and civilization maps.

View attachment 297536

Work in progress for a fantasy world... sort of. *South America is basically done; next up is finishing the rivers in *North America and then start to draw the *Old World.

I'm still unconvinced by the placement of icecaps. But it's still a long way to go to make the elevation, biome and civilization maps.
I'd think it better to draw up elevation and climate before mapping rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.