Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTF, Questions and feedback welcome :)
mVqzJsG.png

Isaac Beach

Banned
My WIP where Maria Theresa is born a boy, extrapolated way ahead into roughly the 1920s, I'm guessing. Maybe a few decades less.

I've done that sort of thing with Africa before, it's not unique to me. But I like having modernised African nations, adds a lot of flavour.

P.S. That Florida is fucking hideous to me, and I've no clue why.

Maximilian - Copy.png

My WIP where Maria Theresa is born a boy, extrapolated way ahead into roughly the 1920s, I'm guessing. Maybe a few decades less.

I've done that sort of thing with Africa before, it's not unique to me. But I like having modernised African nations, adds a lot of flavour.

View attachment 275146
It appears at last! V. nice, particularly Africa which reminds me of some of my earlier attempts at mapping that continent. :)
I am intrigued by the Austrian colour though.

Isaac Beach

Banned
It appears at last! V. nice, particularly Africa which reminds me of some of my earlier attempts at mapping that continent. :)
I am intrigued by the Austrian colour though.

Yah, sorry about that. I'm a full time student and by gum have I got a metric shit ton of assignments recently. Not to mention this is an area of history I'm not as confident in; I like the challenge but it's difficult.
I may change that. All I know is I'm not giving them the traditional colour of purple because they've gone through a couple changes that would make such a colouration incongruous. But that shade of green is a bit iffy.

Florida is always kinda hideous so don't be surprised.

Oh, well that's pleasant. Just, bleh, it looks like a tail end of an emaciated fish or some such.

MOTF, Questions and feedback welcome :)

The numbering of planets outside the solar system is confusing. Conventionally, stars in a multiple-star system follow the format {name}{capital letter}; planet names are the name of their parent star appended with a lowercase letter. No extrasolar moons have yet been confirmed, but moons in the solar system tend to use Roman numerals.
You are using capital letters for star names, for planet names, and for moon names, which is pretty confusing.

My suggestions would be:

Replace "Alpha Centauri A B" with "Alpha Centauri Ab"
Replace "Alpha Centauri A BC" with "Alpha Centauri Ab III"
Replace "Epsilon Eridani B" with "Epsilon Eridani b"
Replace "Epsilon Eridani C" with "Epsilon Eridani c"

Remember: capital letters for stars, lowercase letters for planets, Roman numerals for moons.

p.s. it's a bit strange that you've named Epsilon Eridani b "Harmony", given that it already has an official name ("Ægir"). But names get changed sometimes, so that isn't a major problem :)

Yah, sorry about that. I'm a full time student and by gum have I got a metric shit ton of assignments recently. Not to mention this is an area of history I'm not as confident in; I like the challenge but it's difficult.
I may change that. All I know is I'm not giving them the traditional colour of purple because they've gone through a couple changes that would make such a colouration incongruous. But that shade of green is a bit iffy.
Not a problem, it's just nice for it to appear.
I would change it, perhaps use the Germany colour, given that it controls most of Germany?

Newfoundland has never been French-Canadian, ever; it is currently Canada's most solidly Anglophone province of them all (I think something like 99.5% English-speaking), and doesn't belong with Quebec even with a POD in the early 1700s. In OTL, in 1761, William Pitt declared he would rather give the French the Tower of London than Newfoundland.

(Also, that border looping around Smallwood Reservoir doesn't make sense, because Smallwood Reservoir was only first dammed and created in the sixties and seventies.)

A little something I finished up while the Board was down. Click the image for full size.
What are the full stylings of the King? Is the property requirement much of a problem in the south with all the land available, or is it mostly gerrymandered, owned by planters, or do they have a monetary property requirement rather than sometimes unfertile land? Are any of the Kingdoms itching for the colonies and provinces bordering them that the Beitish still have, or do the Kingdoms know they aren't worth their time? And are Americans trying to ove towards Louisianna or did they still believe the stuff about the Great American Desert? Is the British King seen, either by Europeans, East Asians, South Asians, or his own subjects, as being on par with Emperors?

Native speakers
< 500, moribund

Edit: Okay, fine, I don't want to be an ass, and so I will concede the existence of the French Shore. However, the French Shore had no permanent French settlement (as per the Treaty of Utrecht), and only served as a place where French fishermen were permitted to land and dry fish.
With a PoD in the 1700s the fate of the language due to post 1900 demographics isn't really key. The fact is that the French had a long presence and saw Newfoundland as valuable. They could plausibly have retaken it.

With a PoD in the 1700s the fate of the language due to post 1900 demographics isn't really key. The fact is that the French had a long presence and saw Newfoundland as valuable. They could plausibly have retaken it.

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPIC: Are you carrying on with your Commie America map series. I was enjoying it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.