Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't a trans-Pacific invasion. They already had lots of troops fighting the American communists, and were initially invited to help Mexico in Baja. Then they fell out with Mexico and someone decided to raid the Mexican 'mainland' that proved surprisingly successful and gained conservative support. Tokyo finds it a headache though.

Support...why? The Japanese conservatives weren't the Zerg: they had _rationales_ behind their expansionism, and I have trouble seeing what objectives this invasion of Mexico supports. And they may have a beachhead, but it's still a trans-Pacific invasion unless the Japanese are somehow manufacturing new ammunition, machine parts, fuel, etc. in Sonora. But meh. I don't want to nitpick a nice map too much, and I lack the energy to keep going on this. :)

Re the other point: I am aware the Germans don't want to go to war with anyone right now, but that doesn't mean the Entente will agree with them, and the Entente is a common enemy. And if the Entente manages to salvage a rump right-wing US, the mutual need will be strengthened. (Given how much of the core industrial areas of the US are already held by the Reds, an outright defeat of the Revolution seems unlikely at this point.)

Bruce

That is the weirdest colour for Russia I have ever seen.

Why not the boring olive-green that is usually used for democratic post-Tsarist Russias?
Because that would risk confusion with the Muslim bloc.

Support...why? The Japanese conservatives weren't the Zerg: they had _rationales_ behind their expansionism, and I have trouble seeing what objectives this invasion of Mexico supports. And they may have a beachhead, but it's still a trans-Pacific invasion unless the Japanese are somehow manufacturing new ammunition, machine parts, fuel, etc. in Sonora. But meh. I don't want to nitpick a nice map too much, and I lack the energy to keep going on this. :)
Mexican conservatives. The civil war wasn't that long ago and things went a bit different than OTL.

Re the other point: I am aware the Germans don't want to go to war with anyone right now, but that doesn't mean the Entente will agree with them, and the Entente is a common enemy. And if the Entente manages to salvage a rump right-wing US, the mutual need will be strengthened. (Given how much of the core industrial areas of the US are already held by the Reds, an outright defeat of the Revolution seems unlikely at this point.)

Bruce

We shall see.

Asami

Banned
[ originally posted this to the wrong topic -- I'm a little off my cuff today... XD ]

ID4F3kf.png

Second Revision of my "German Republic" map -- color changes, uniformity, etc. -- still need to do labels or smth.

Asami

Banned
What do the shades represent?

Regular Green: Province -- a standard represented province of Germany.
Light Green: Hanseatic Provinces -- a group of areas of Germany that are largely bound by the Trading Ports Act of 1897; it allows them a greater measure of control over commerce, and not much else. Berlin is part of this as a federal city and the central hub of commerce.
Dark Green: Free State -- an autonomous province that does not get representation in the central Berlin parliament, but instead gets their own self-governing one. While they defer to Berlin on foreign affairs, and remain under the umbrella of the Reichswehr; they either have their own system of government incompatible with monarchy, or have special exemptions from the German federal system. Bavaria+Hohenzollern are monarchies, Alsace-Lorraine is a "complex situation", Posen is Polish majority.

Regular Green: Province -- a standard represented province of Germany.
Light Green: Hanseatic Provinces -- a group of areas of Germany that are largely bound by the Trading Ports Act of 1897; it allows them a greater measure of control over commerce, and not much else. Berlin is part of this as a federal city and the central hub of commerce.
Dark Green: Free State -- an autonomous province that does not get representation in the central Berlin parliament, but instead gets their own self-governing one. While they defer to Berlin on foreign affairs, and remain under the umbrella of the Reichswehr; they either have their own system of government incompatible with monarchy, or have special exemptions from the German federal system. Bavaria+Hohenzollern are monarchies, Alsace-Lorraine is a "complex situation", Posen is Polish majority.

Interesting. I also really like Hohenzollern

The German Republic said:
We're sorry we overthrew your monarchy, Mr Kaiser. We left your ancestral holdings as a small autonomous province for you, though! That's probably large enough to be a Grand Duchy, eh?

finally got around to making a few more edits to that "Silk Empire" map i posted a while back. in addition to the original Silk Empire and Pepper, Ivory, Gold, and Slave Coasts, i took others' suggestions and added a "Sea Cucumber Coast" (i'm REALLY not satisfied with that name, but i like the concept :)), an Amber Coast (with the addition of an overseas territory in Hispaniola based on Dominican amber), a Cotton Coast and Tobacco Coast in the South (i actually moved Cotton Coast further south from where i had it before since i decided to specifically have Tobacco Coast in place of Virginia), expanded Ivory Coast into an Ivory Empire based on centers of the ivory trade, a Tin State at the mouth of the English Channel, a Quinoa Country based on the Inca Empire, and a Sugar Empire in the Caribbean. from my own mind in the time since i made the post, i also added an Oil Empire over Texas and Louisiana, which i may decide to expanded with other major oil extraction sites in the world, and one in El Salvador which i think was an Indigo State but i can't remember

though i still haven't added Diamond Coast :p

Silk Empire.png

Obviously not a knock at your map making skills, but those borders for IL and IN are a travesty :p

As I said, this is a draft. :) With a 1780s POD, I was thinking the borders for IL and IN were likely to be butterflied, but it's still far from "set."

As I said, this is a draft. :) With a 1780s POD, I was thinking the borders for IL and IN were likely to be butterflied, but it's still far from "set."

Hey, whether or not they're a travesty has little to do with how realistic or plausible they are ;)

finally got around to making a few more edits to that "Silk Empire" map i posted a while back. in addition to the original Silk Empire and Pepper, Ivory, Gold, and Slave Coasts, i took others' suggestions and added a "Sea Cucumber Coast" (i'm REALLY not satisfied with that name, but i like the concept :)), an Amber Coast (with the addition of an overseas territory in Hispaniola based on Dominican amber), a Cotton Coast and Tobacco Coast in the South (i actually moved Cotton Coast further south from where i had it before since i decided to specifically have Tobacco Coast in place of Virginia), expanded Ivory Coast into an Ivory Empire based on centers of the ivory trade, a Tin State at the mouth of the English Channel, a Quinoa Country based on the Inca Empire, and a Sugar Empire in the Caribbean. from my own mind in the time since i made the post, i also added an Oil Empire over Texas and Louisiana, which i may decide to expanded with other major oil extraction sites in the world, and one in El Salvador which i think was an Indigo State but i can't remember

though i still haven't added Diamond Coast :p

How about "Trepang Coast" instead of "Sea Cucumber Coast"?

Status
Not open for further replies.