Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a WIP of a dystopian future oneshot idea that I have. Thus far, I have only done the continental US and parts of Canada. I'd love to hear what you guys think.

attachment.php

Newfoundland still being a part of Canada even after Quebec takes off? Dystopia indeed.

I'm rather curious as to what's going on in Alaska (though maybe you haven't gotten around to that yet). What made them decide to stick with what appears to be a largely helpless Union when most of the rest of the country decided to go it on their own? Joining up with Cascadia seems like it would be a more likely choice.

Deleted member 87099

I'm rather curious as to what's going on in Alaska (though maybe you haven't gotten around to that yet). What made them decide to stick with what appears to be a largely helpless Union when most of the rest of the country decided to go it on their own? Joining up with Cascadia seems like it would be a more likely choice.

I haven't gotten to Alaska yet but I'm welcome to hearing suggestions.

Here's a WIP of a dystopian future oneshot idea that I have. Thus far, I have only done the continental US and parts of Canada. I'd love to hear what you guys think.

attachment.php

Well, I assume the United States of America had a bit of a nuclear civil war?

Why not utilize both scenarios for double the fun? :D

A Yellowstone megavolcano makes a Midwest Dustbowl sort of irrelevant, kind of the way nobody is going to be really much exercised by King Kong's New York rampage when the dinosaur-killer asteroid hits the north Atlantic.

A Yellowstone megavolcano makes a Midwest Dustbowl sort of irrelevant, kind of the way nobody is going to be really much exercised by King Kong's New York rampage when the dinosaur-killer asteroid hits the north Atlantic.

Damn, I knew I should have watched that movie all the way to the end!

The warming of the world and melting of the polar ice caps led to a sea level rise of 75 metres. California was able to save the Bay Area and Central Valley from flooding by building four massive dams; two to the west of Santa Rosa, and two in San Fransisco. The cities of Gilroy and San Luis Obispo were also saved by three additional dams, though many debate to this day whether it was worth the cost. Nevertheless, the state mourned the loss of Salinas, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles and San Diego among others.

On the bright side, things are looking good for California - it's still at the top of the United States, both economically and demographically. The Bay Area has swelled to a cramped 16.9 million people, while Central Valley still manages to somehow pump out enough food to feed a good portion of the state and the country. The state has become even more diverse ethnically, with millions of Asian, Hispanic and White immigrants fleeing sea level rise.

california.png

Status
Not open for further replies.