Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of such basemaps, is there a thread with the standard world basemap with the boxes already drawn for adding a key? Perhaps asking in the basemap thread would be a logical place to do so, but notice over the past page or so people have used it so figure it's topical ;)

If you click the image, you'll get access to the full-sized version. This map has been created for the MotF contest over on althistoria.

I attempted at enhancing your map a little, there.
Actually a really interesting idea: with a nearly unbroken strip of land from the North Pole to the South Pole, life in the Indian Ocean is going to be quite different from that of the Pacific Ocean with some really interesting exchange at the few points of contact.

here is a possible version of a British empire that never fell
and keeps expanding, the U.S.A. looking south and Brazil absorbs Paraguay,Bolivia and part of Venezuela,
year is 2000

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 11.20.51 AM.png

Hi, I was wondering if i could ask, does anyone remember a map that was made, probably a while ago, which showed the aftermath of a zombie outbreak, pre-WW1 and how the various countries of Europe had survived by retreating to their islands etc., I seem to remember an independent Sicily and a union between Great Britain and Iceland?

and keeps expanding, the U.S.A. looking south and Brazil absorbs Paraguay,Bolivia and part of Venezuela,
year is 2000

I am going to give your some advice. Firstly, don't expand a worlda map, instead keep it the same size you got it. Map looks better that way. Secondly, when editing the map, don't use paint tool, only use the pencil tool, which makes the lines smarter. Use fill tool as well, it is easiler and cleaner than using pencil tool lots of times.

Deleted member 87099

Here is a WIP of the Fallout World in 2052. It's for a future shared worlds game. Thank you to Bmunro and his 2076 Fallout Map. Any advice would be great. :)

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I was wondering if i could ask, does anyone remember a map that was made, probably a while ago, which showed the aftermath of a zombie outbreak, pre-WW1 and how the various countries of Europe had survived by retreating to their islands etc., I seem to remember an independent Sicily and a union between Great Britain and Iceland?

I think it was a MotF submission. That should narrow it down. Good luck finding to though.

Ryan

Donor

is it this one?

Here is a WIP of the Fallout World in 2052. It's for a future shared worlds game. Thank you to Bmunro and his 2076 Fallout Map. Any advice would be great. :)

attachment.php

Nice job!

I've played Fallout 3 & New Vegas but I'm not hugely a Fallout fan. So, what's up with India?

year is 2000

With all due respect I think your maps could use improvements.

1) Like a previous user said, don't expand worlda maps. It makes them blurry.

2) Borders only should be one pixel thick at all areas, else they look sloppy.

3) Looks like you drew on those borders/colors only after expanding your map. Do your edits before saving the map.

You can find good OTL worlda maps here.

Status
Not open for further replies.