Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross-posting from the Map Games subforum, here is a supplemental map I made for the map game "~Historiae Mutetur~" (not that it needs it, I just like making maps but suck at writing my own timelines). Before anyone asks about the PoD, the whole premise of the game is that it starts out at OTL present-day and works backward, so there really is none.

The First People's Confederation was a union of Native American tribes that came together to defend against invaders (first the Absarook hordes, then the European settlers). They began around the Mississippi delta, but got pushed north into the Great Plains, where they have founded somewhat of an empire. This map depicts them at their height (c. 1840), before European-settled areas and individual tribes began splintering off.

attachment.php

I'm looking for a map. I saw it a while back, it's just a worlda or maybe qbam map but with territorial waters shown.

Last edited:
RE: The confusion with the Bab-el-Mandeb

I may have left the straits narrower than I should. Roughly the northern half of OTL Djibouti is held by the Roman Empire under the Thema Sana'a.

EDIT: Which coastal bit seems to be missing? The southwestern Red Sea coast is held by the independent remnant of the Ethiopian Empire, for the time being.

Is it the Cult of Trump? Seems valid, if so.

The Cult of Trump ran off to Antarctica after their cult leader, Donald Trump, claimed that Antarctica was a "moron" and that just a little cold couldn't hurt the great Donald. He and the rest of his followers died after a little under a week.

The Cult of Trump ran off to Antarctica after their cult leader, Donald Trump, claimed that Antarctica was a "moron" and that just a little cold couldn't hurt the great Donald. He and the rest of his followers died after a little under a week.

Then who's the future president of the United States?

Then who's the future president of the United States?

The next president was Deez Nuts from Ohio(I think), a 15 year old who actually was able to run and racked in 14% or something. He won a vote by 100%, and the U.S. quickly collapsed as the 15 year old never paid any attention when learning about politics. The nation fled to the Pacific Islands and it is virtually anarchy.

(Reposts of two related maps I made, full-sized versions linked in the pictures)

TurkishCapybara said:
The People's State of Shiksenthramesdas

The People's State of Shiksenthramesdas is one of the great powers in the Northern Islands, matched in military in
regional power only by the Grand Assembly of the West Vale. The state was founded in 5000 by the exiled Eightmen
following the leveler's Revolt, lead by their general Arcgeius. First emerging as the City-State of Komshenrogat on the
Banks of the Ino river, Shiksenthramesdas would soon expand and acquire the rest of the Eightman refugee states
that had settled in the region, becoming one of the leading forces in the region by 5670.

TurkishCapybara said:
Here is a map of one of the states in my project.

An "Assembly" is the current term I am using for the government form found in this nation. The government is run by a
senate of the most influential clans in the nation, with an arbiter elected by the senate to represent the entire nation in
diplomacy, lead the country during war, and overturn a tie (though most decisions are done by consensus). In general,
the people of this state are relatively communal, and so the arbiter is usually just a figurehead unless the role is filled by a
figure of great power during a time crisis. Such a figure came when in 5654 Calumina Fitidicus was made arbiter by an
extremely split and dogmatic government. A very a divisive figure, Calumina's election started a 4 year civil war that only
ended with her and her supporters fleeing across a thousand miles of sea to the lands of Donzhesthramesdas;
Somibthramesdas being taken over by a pretender government.

This is my first attempt at a proper AH map, and I'm not too pleased with the colour scheme, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

This is a pretty basic no world wars map, but I tried to keep all of the big powers intact and not screw with Russia.
The US is basically running things down to Patagonia, the Germans have made up with the British and have expanded through non-military means. The British have successfully federated their empire and are still aligned with Japan, which can consider itself lucky that China is divided, while France ,and to a lesser degree, Italy, have had less success in keeping their empires fully intact. The Russian Empire has gotten through the shaky 1920s and is rapidly growing in strength, but is now run by a cabal of pseudo-fascists with a figurehead tsar. Franz Ferdinand's reforms also allowed the Austro-Hungarian empire to survive the early 20th century, and lastly the Ottomans have become filthy rich by means of that sweet oil money (and just barely surviving the final Russo-Ottoman War).
By 1985 the age of great alliances seems to be returning as the FCN, Germans and Japanese are considering a united front against the rising Russian bear:
BIG.png

BIG.png

Mr Capybara, by "Dolphin Kingdom" do you mean actual dolphins? Or a race of humans who identify with them? I am intrigued!

And you have real talent there Milvus!

Reminds me of Indonesia, actually. Those shapes are very Indonesian-feeling. Great job!

Thanks! The region in between these two maps is also very Indonesian.

Mr Capybara, by "Dolphin Kingdom" do you mean actual dolphins? Or a race of humans who identify with them? I am intrigued!

They're a group of people that just really like dolphins, sadly. I haven't figured out their language yet, so I gave them an untranslated name until then.

This doesn't stop this world from having weird creatures though; they are just on the margins of these maps, which feature the more mundane portions of the planet.

What's going on in China? How did it end up divided and why has there been no reunification?

The KMT still ended up taking control of the south of China but Russian intervention led to a restoration of the monarchy in the north. Both sides fought a long and costly war until the British and Japanese, not wanting either side to win, (both had become very radicalized) intervened and established a new republic between the two states. The war itself had the most casualties of any war in the history of this TL. Persisting enmity between all parties and consistent Japanese meddling has blocked attempts at unification.
If that sounds off I welcome constructive criticism. :D

libbrit

Banned
Can anyone point me to a map of the supercontinent Pangea, perhaps with some attempts at rivers or mountains added?

Status
Not open for further replies.