Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was pretty much just for fun. The world in the year 2116 A.D.

The Mediterranean Union includes: Cape Verde, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Malta and Cyprus.

The Visegrad Pact includes: Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Austria.

The Benelux Community is Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg.

The Nordic League includes: Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Greenland.

The Baltic Union is pretty self-explanatory.

The United Commonwealth is the sixteen Commonwealth realms. The rump South Africa might join, if the referendum later this year gets approved

2116ad.png

Well, I updated this monster. [1] Alas, I decided to add some extra stuff. (Starting with Prester John's kingdom: see lower left of list. And of course need to get some more Lovecraft stuff in... :) ). As I said, maybe by 2017 this will be done.

Any suggestions on making it more readable? It's cumbersome now, and will only get worse as I update the notes.

[1] Crazy enough to try to fit as much as possible from here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/53086.The_Dictionary_of_Imaginary_Places

(Well, the older edition. Darn, now I have to get the new one...)

That's quite impressive! :eek:

I'm sad that my area is "decayed," though. :(

Here is a map I made for the Confederate States of America.
That NM seems a little wonky logistically; I feel like Sonora would be its own state if only for the sake of effective communication and governance. Did the U.S. annex Baja California?

Also, please don't quote pics, especially large maps.

Last edited:
That NM seems a little wonky logistically; I feel like Sonora would be its own state if only for the sake of effective communication and governance. Did the U.S. annex Baja California?

Also, please don't quote pics, especially large maps.

Inadvertant hypocrisy, mayhaps?`

The Southeastern Former United States:

The African Front had been building in the Southron republic for more than two decades when the US Government in 1984 funded the rebels with the condition Franklin would be allowed to secede. This set off a decade-long war somewhat akin to the East African Bush War. The African Front succeeded in driving the Southron government out of most of the South, pushed them into its rump state in Florida. The frankly scared shitless whites of Franklin were meanwhile very thankful to get out of dodge.

SSR Post-Bush War.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.