Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durden's movement is a bit more specifically ideological? Beats the hell out of me on that Midwestern state though, all I can think of is some sort of nation built out of agricultural collectives or the Space Monkeys.

Only five minutes and someone's right on the money! What I have so far is a bit of twist on the movie's ending (based on things mentioned in the book's ending); Project Mayhem is spread to nearly every major US city, and the detonation and demolition of every major banking companies' databases leads to economic turmoil. All debts are gone, all transactions erased, all credit vanished. Futhermore, in going more with the implications of the movie's ending, Jack/Joe/Narrator/Edward-Norton-in-that-one-movie embraces Tyler Durden's ideals and ideas in full.

The Durdenites spread further through the country into a real nation, the government of which is a near occult-level leader worshiping anti-consumerist fascist dictatorship that promotes the idea of utter hive-minded conformity that is only broken through extra-ordinary service to the state and people in sacrifice ("His name is Robert Paulson"), and whose economy is based up resource collection and redistribution (redistributed in 'bare minimum' fashion) and the surplus of which is sold by government run shops to citizens and foreigners alike if they can afford it with the salary tokens provided from government jobs. Asceticism is the status quo, and the idea is for everyone to be the same, but everyone being in a state of utter self-sufficiency. Fight Clubs, separate for males and females, become the societal brainwashing centers and loyalty proving grounds, as attendance once you reach the age of 18 is mandatory. Unsurprisingly, resistance to government authority is low once full initiation into a local Fight Club begins; dissidents are weeded out and told simply to leave or prove they have a better idea for how to do things. Considering only Tyler Durden and his hand picked successor Angelface are the ones with ambition and intiative, the system functions with shocking efficiency as corruption is punishable by death, and that means many critics are ignored as fools.

As for the Midwest, it's as you guessed! Anarcho-communists (with a hint of primitivism) seize the opportunity of the chaos to try and have their own revolution, not realizing the extent of the Durdenites' power. As both have anti-consumerism and conformity to 'Enlightened authority' as core idelas, they settled a peace between their groups early on. The Agrarian Republic of the Midwest organizes itself by gridding up everything, equally distributing it all, keeping the population strictly monitored to prevent a Malthusian scenario, and anything they can't make or grow is supplied from excess shops of the "Enlightened People's State of the Free".

And, of course, some neo-Confederates try their hand at rising up. Their rather hyper-capitalistic attitudes mean they did NOT get along with the Durdenites, and when said Durdenites became the EPSF, they just kept on fighting until a stalemate occurred.

A bit of a WIP, but I'm more curious as to what it looks like the maps are about to others.

Ah, the People’s Republic of Brickistan in the plains, yes. Our glorious homeland.

OH, BRICKISTAN, OUR PEGS ARE LONG
OUR PIECES, MAY THEY INTERLOCK
OUR BONDS, MAY THEY BE STRONG
OH FAIREST BRICKISTAN, MAY WE EVER GROW AND EXPAND
AND BANNED ARE MEGA BLOKS; ACCURSED, DAMNED!

I was sad that I didn't get feedback on this the last time I posted it, so I refined it a bit:

I love a US Yucatan, but instead of an “old style” map as you seem to be after, why not try a modern “CIA” map? Look at the way the CIA does maps for states, find (or make) a higher-resolution map of the Yucatan, and try to match that style?

CannedTech

Banned
Only five minutes and someone's right on the money! What I have so far is a bit of twist on the movie's ending (based on things mentioned in the book's ending); Project Mayhem is spread to nearly every major US city, and the detonation and demolition of every major banking companies' databases leads to economic turmoil. All debts are gone, all transactions erased, all credit vanished. Futhermore, in going more with the implications of the movie's ending, Jack/Joe/Narrator/Edward-Norton-in-that-one-movie embraces Tyler Durden's ideals and ideas in full.

The Durdenites spread further through the country into a real nation, the government of which is a near occult-level leader worshiping anti-consumerist fascist dictatorship that promotes the idea of utter hive-minded conformity that is only broken through extra-ordinary service to the state and people in sacrifice ("His name is Robert Paulson"), and whose economy is based up resource collection and redistribution (redistributed in 'bare minimum' fashion) and the surplus of which is sold by government run shops to citizens and foreigners alike if they can afford it with the salary tokens provided from government jobs. Asceticism is the status quo, and the idea is for everyone to be the same, but everyone being in a state of utter self-sufficiency. Fight Clubs, separate for males and females, become the societal brainwashing centers and loyalty proving grounds, as attendance once you reach the age of 18 is mandatory. Unsurprisingly, resistance to government authority is low once full initiation into a local Fight Club begins; dissidents are weeded out and told simply to leave or prove they have a better idea for how to do things. Considering only Tyler Durden and his hand picked successor Angelface are the ones with ambition and intiative, the system functions with shocking efficiency as corruption is punishable by death, and that means many critics are ignored as fools.

As for the Midwest, it's as you guessed! Anarcho-communists (with a hint of primitivism) seize the opportunity of the chaos to try and have their own revolution, not realizing the extent of the Durdenites' power. As both have anti-consumerism and conformity to 'Enlightened authority' as core idelas, they settled a peace between their groups early on. The Agrarian Republic of the Midwest organizes itself by gridding up everything, equally distributing it all, keeping the population strictly monitored to prevent a Malthusian scenario, and anything they can't make or grow is supplied from excess shops of the "Enlightened People's State of the Free".

And, of course, some neo-Confederates try their hand at rising up. Their rather hyper-capitalistic attitudes mean they did NOT get along with the Durdenites, and when said Durdenites became the EPSF, they just kept on fighting until a stalemate occurred.

Well damn, I love it! As a fan of the book and all, I kinda' wanted to see some sort of sequel story about the movement spreading and such. Great work on the story there.

More paint madness.

The numbers represent population in billions, inner outline shows what kind of planets the system has. White means nothing habitable, brown means terraformable worlds or worlds that are being terraformed, green means habitable worlds.

0.1 essentially means the system has 0 to 100 million population, but 0.2 and over mean that there are quaranteed 200 million. Grey systems are minor independent worlds.

Systems that have been cut off were either cut off for a very good reason or the gates were damaged in war. After prolonged periods of being cut off, funky stuff starts to happen in those long isolated systems. The gates can be repaired, but it takes time and the right resources.

The period this map shows is after the collapse of the first united Terran Dominion, which had formed as means to preserve the race. Humanity had been abruptly connected to the network and almost enslaved, but the whole affair ended with humanity rebelling and more or less genociding their way through the gate network. There's been a great diaspora from the central Dominion systems going on for a long time, so their power has been fading increasingly, which has given rise to all kinds of ideologies and factions.

spacemetro1.png

Last edited:
A bit of a WIP, but I'm more curious as to what it looks like the maps are about to others. As a hint, the title of the series is "I am Jack's Revolutionary Fist".
If any remnant territory in Canada is going to hold province status it would probably be north Alberta. Fort McMurray's 62k or Grand Prairie's 55k probably outnumber what's left in North Ontario+North Manitoba on their own. Combined they've clearly got Northern BC beat too. Add in the various other northern Alberta Census Divisions and you've got 17 with 61k, 16 with 62k, 12 with 63k, 13 with 68k, 18 with 14k, and 109k in 19. Ad 36k from North Saskatchewan for sure, and maybe 20k from the incomplete counties. That gives 430k. That's only about 100k below Newfoundland.

Ah, the People’s Republic of Brickistan in the plains, yes. Our glorious homeland.

OH, BRICKISTAN, OUR PEGS ARE LONG
OUR PIECES, MAY THEY INTERLOCK
OUR BONDS, MAY THEY BE STRONG
OH FAIREST BRICKISTAN, MAY WE EVER GROW AND EXPAND
AND BANNED ARE MEGA BLOKS; ACCURSED, DAMNED!

FOR WE ARE THE MEN WHO ASSEMBLE THE BLOCKS THAT DESCEND UPON US FROM UP ABOVE!

WcNHfFE.png

A work in progress. Basically what happens is the positions of France and Germany are switched- it's Germany, the UK, Italy, and Portugal versus France, Austria, Russia, and the Ottoman Empire.

It's definitely Yiddish, based on the spelling. Many of the place names are straight from OTL.

Well, there is "northeast" written in Hebrew there. Since that's the only "non-place-name", this could be "alt-Hebrew". In a country with less or later Mizrahi immigration, Hebrew may well end up Yiddish-ier.

Though it's still pretty Yiddish - using ע instead of e is one thing, writing out לייק instead of אגם is another.

This is a work-in-progress (I'm usually reluctant to post these, but I won't have time to finish it soon, so yeah...) depicting Africa in the 2030s. Can you figure out what the major African powers* are? If there're any questions, feel free to ask (but I don't have a fully-fledged backstory behind this (yet), so I might not always have a detailed answer ready).

*Except for Nigeria, which is not shown yet. Same goes for Ghana.

(By the way, note the Western Sahara 'solution'.)

african future.png

I was sad that I didn't get feedback on this the last time I posted it, so I refined it a bit:

It's simple, but I like it. How did the US end up with Yucatan?

Well, there is "northeast" written in Hebrew there. Since that's the only "non-place-name", this could be "alt-Hebrew". In a country with less or later Mizrahi immigration, Hebrew may well end up Yiddish-ier.

Though it's still pretty Yiddish - using ע instead of e is one thing, writing out לייק instead of אגם is another.

I think OTL Yiddish has Hebrew words sprinkled in so maybe that's what's going on.

This is a work-in-progress (I'm usually reluctant to post these, but I won't have time to finish it soon, so yeah...) depicting Africa in the 2030s. Can you figure out what the major African powers* are? If there're any questions, feel free to ask (but I don't have a fully-fledged backstory behind this (yet), so I might not always have a detailed answer ready).

*Except for Nigeria, which is not shown yet. Same goes for Ghana.

(By the way, note the Western Sahara 'solution'.)

Looks good so far. Egypt, Algeria, South Africa, and East Africa (I'm just guessing on the names) all look like they would be pretty powerful.

I am just going to go back to this map but as a post 2nd Great War map in say the mid 1950's. I do need feedback on post war axis powers and collapsed austro-hungary.
alter map USOR post war age.png

alter map USOR post war age.png

Looks good so far. Egypt, Algeria, South Africa, and East Africa (I'm just guessing on the names) all look like they would be pretty powerful.

Thank you :) All of those are correct, except Algeria is part of the Maghreb Union. And you missed one very important one, a new economic power in Africa: Angola.

I am curious about East Africa. How did Somalia get so strong :p

I don't know, honestly. I just really felt like giving Somalia a bright future. I don't have a decent timeline in mind as to how the country gets rid of radical islamism, clan struggles, piracy etc.

I am just going to go back to this map but as a post 2nd Great War map in say the mid 1950's. I do need feedback on post war axis powers and collapsed austro-hungary.
View attachment 250915

Turkey annexes Libya, creates a couple puppets in *yougoslavia* germany annexes Austria, Checkoslovakia is as big as OTL. Poland gains some land to the south and Romania gains it's land. Then you are left with a rump Hungary. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.