Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Europe is pissed off, but also scared to piss Russia off, in turn. Russian militias have proven brutal in Ukraine, Latvia and Estonia. China fell deep into a civil war, the Second Chinese Civil War, which allowed Russia to grab the parts that were crying for help and independence. Strange thing is, though: now, after the wars, revolutions etc. in Europe as well as in Asia, minorities are treated very well in the Eurasian Federation - even Ukranians. But the Russian approach to the rest of the world isn't as friendly at all... (well, except for some of its allies, including Iran and Brazil, which experienced a revolutionary shift in the political spectrum, from left-wing to right-wing).

Yes, that's the case in this in this grim, rather inexorable world, a dystopian future.
So why isn't Russia just going after Alaska as well? I mean, you've already proven yourself to be stronger than Europe and China, why not go for the top?

map partly based on Pellegrino's "Zhirinovsky's Russian Empire"

Russian Union - led by the Russian Federation, while the other former Soviet republics are associated with the Russian Federation. President of the Russian Union elected by universal suffrage automatically becomes the head of the Russian Federation. Thus the possibility of a conflict between the federal authorities and the authorities of the largest republic of the Union.

State union flag - black-yellow-white tricolor. Civil flag - red flag with a gold star. Today's white-blue-red tricolor returned to his role close to the original - the flag of the merchant fleet and civil aviation.

Well, the flag of the Russian Federation is based on the flag of the RSFSR

russian_union_by_dragorun-d7xpdrh.png

map partly based on Pellegrino's "Zhirinovsky's Russian Empire"

Russian Union - led by the Russian Federation, while the other former Soviet republics are associated with the Russian Federation. President of the Russian Union elected by universal suffrage automatically becomes the head of the Russian Federation. Thus the possibility of a conflict between the federal authorities and the authorities of the largest republic of the Union.

State union flag - black-yellow-white tricolor. Civil flag - red flag with a gold star. Today's white-blue-red tricolor returned to his role close to the original - the flag of the merchant fleet and civil aviation.

Well, the flag of the Russian Federation is based on the flag of the RSFSR
I'm assuming that ITTL, Latvia never joined the EU or NATO? Also, why is Georgia a part, but not Azerbaijan?

Mathuen

Banned
Europe is pissed off, but also scared to piss Russia off, in turn. Russian militias have proven brutal in Ukraine, Latvia and Estonia.

In what way were Russian militias involved in Latvia and Estonia? Because I see they are independent. Russia just nibbled at the ends?

China fell deep into a civil war, the Second Chinese Civil War, which allowed Russia to grab the parts that were crying for help and independence.

tumblr_inline_mliwybixtb1qhbekv.gif

Strange thing is, though: now, after the wars, revolutions etc. in Europe as well as in Asia, minorities are treated very well in the Eurasian Federation - even Ukranians. But the Russian approach to the rest of the world isn't as friendly at all... (well, except for some of its allies, including Iran and Brazil, which experienced a revolutionary shift in the political spectrum, from left-wing to right-wing).

What about India?

I'm assuming that ITTL, Latvia never joined the EU or NATO? Also, why is Georgia a part, but not Azerbaijan?

No, in this world, the Baltic countries also joined NATO. But immediately after the beginning of the formation of the Russian Union was a "Baltic crisis" during which an attempt was made blockade of Kaliningrad, officially to prevent the deployment of missiles in the enclave with tactical nuclear weapons. Although in fact it was an attempt to stop the course of gaining the process of creating the Russian Union.
As a result, none of the parties did not want to back down, and began a military conflict, but miraculously not ended World War III.
In fact, Russia came out of it a winner, and in addition to the territorial gains made ​​"Finlandizing" Baltic republics. It's funny that Finland then hastily entered endures to serious reformed NATO.

As for Azerbaijan, the Russian Union itself originates exactly from the second Karabakh war and brutal interference in its course the Russian Federation. In contrast to the almost bloodless brief war in Georgia (in which Russia has replaced the government in Tbilisi), Azerbaijan was literally devastated and its population since everywhere fiercely hates Russian. Given the large population of the country, its integration into the Union was completely hopeless.

China fell deep into a civil war, the Second Chinese Civil War, which allowed Russia to grab the parts that were crying for help and independence.
I just noticed this part. If China collapsed, at the very least, so should Russia, and the American, European and Indian economies should be crippled. Plus, why would they join Russia instead of just becoming independent?

So why isn't Russia just going after Alaska as well? I mean, you've already proven yourself to be stronger than Europe and China, why not go for the top?
Haha maybe that's just one bridge too far.

In what way were Russian militias involved in Latvia and Estonia? Because I see they are independent. Russia just nibbled at the ends?
Just tiny rebellions in the Russian-speaking areas.

What about India?
Neutral, isolationist, but allied to the US and part of the 'Western block'. Might be going to help Tibet if the Russians want to add that to their new 'empire' too.

I just noticed this part. If China collapsed, at the very least, so should Russia, and the American, European and Indian economies should be crippled. Plus, why would they join Russia instead of just becoming independent?

Yes, the economies of the world powers suffered. The American and European economies most.

Status
Not open for further replies.