Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thande

Donor
A slightly modified version of something I previously posted on the ASB map thread but I don't think many people saw it. This is just an ASB thought experiment based on "what if all the US states bordering Canada (on land) joined with Canada to form a new country, and the same with Mexico, forming three new countries?" I think the statistics are interesting, especially how the second and third countries have such similar populations (didn't expect that). Also, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island get to do their Kaliningrad impression.

Divided USA 2.png

Last edited:
Why isn't Michigan a part of super Canada?
They are separated by water. My guess it would set a bad precedent, as the Cubans and Bahamas might then fight over Florida, or the Russians against the Canadians for Alaska.

The map would be a good launching point for a timeline or map series, come to think of it, as the American voters in each region throw their weight around and person turn the social order upside down. Or cause there to be majority votes infavor of forming the Reunited States of America, if they do well in the parliments.

No land border (at least by the definition I was using).

They are separated by water. My guess it would set a bad precedent, as the Cubans and Bahamas might then fight over Florida, or the Russians against the Canadians for Alaska.

The map would be a good launching point for a timeline or map series, come to think of it, as the American voters in each region throw their weight around and person turn the social order upside down. Or cause there to be majority votes infavor of forming the Reunited States of America, if they do well in the parliments.

The Detroit and St. Marys Rivers count as land borders as much as the Rio Grande does for Texas.

*badass map*

Alright, I'll take a crack at it. Following a German Victory in WWI, you eventually get the spread of Communism to Germany and much of Europe, especially following the collapse of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Eventually, a second World War starts, and nuclear weapons, developed in secret by most superpowers, are deployed. In the end, many nuclear weapons wind up detonating in the oceans and irradiating the waters. Again the Germans, although now Communist, succeed, and quickly place Communist regimes in the remainders of Europe, North Africa, and the East Coast of the former United States. Using plasma and tachyons forcefield technology, the Communist League of Enlightened Nations keeps their waters purified and functioning, leaving the remaining nations of the world desperately clinging to what little fresh water and purification plants they have.

Watcha think? At all what anyone had in mind? :D

Dorozhand

Banned

Climate Change and melting ice caps by the looks of it.

Also, it's ironic that your massively wanked Germany has actually annexed less land than OTL's Nazi Germany.

Lovely map. Are the areas outside the Tet empire unsettled/unknown, or have you just left neighboring states off the map.
Since the Tet Empire is a Bronze Age empire (in this world, the "Common Era" starts at the beginning of recorded civilization instead of being divided up in BC and AD), it's supposed to be that the lands outside of the empire are unknown, or at least unimportant to the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.