Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeeeesh, hadn't though of that. Haha, the thought of it ending up posted on some Al Qaeda chat forum as a map purportedly leaked by Edward Snowden representing America's plan for the

Nah, Islamic Fundamentalist groups are more keen on making maps in Hearts of Iron :p

THDGjYz.jpg

This was released by a Twitter account allegedly representing ISIS about their supposed plans for the future, which among uniting the Muslim world (and several others for that matter) also include recreating the Austro-Hungarian Empire and a rump Ottoman State in the Balkans.

Nah, Islamic Fundamentalist groups are more keen on making maps in Hearts of Iron :p

This was released by a Twitter account allegedly representing ISIS about their supposed plans for the future, which among uniting the Muslim world (and several others for that matter) also include recreating the Austro-Hungarian Empire and a rump Ottoman State in the Balkans.
Ignoring the huge Sunni-Shi'ite split, they're going for Hindu India and parts of Christian Africa among others, but not the actually Muslim parts of the Balkans?

I suspect ISIS may not be part of the reality-based community. :)

Given how they wanted Ethiopia (a Christian dominated state), India (1 billion Hindus will ravage the capital of this Caliphate), and all the other cultures and ethnic backgrounds and religions that do not like this idea, I don't think ISIS wouldn't achieve this in the near future.

Why do people always assume that this map is real? I highly doubt an organization of their calibre would knowingly knick a Swedish game's province map for propoganda purposes, and even if they were incredibly lazy and somewhat internet literate I doubt it would be the first or most easily used result in a search. It's almost certainly something cooked up by a third party. That party probably didn't actually follow anything IS has said; when did they mention Tibet, for one?

Given how they wanted Ethiopia (a Christian dominated state), India (1 billion Hindus will ravage the capital of this Caliphate), and all the other cultures and ethnic backgrounds and religions that do not like this idea, I don't think ISIS wouldn't achieve this in the near future.
Would that state even have a Muslim majority? (I'm thinking it would be at least 40% Hindu.)

Would that state even have a Muslim majority? (I'm thinking it would be at least 40% Hindu.)

With the planned genocide of 10,000 religious minorities in norther Iraq I'm guessing if this map was real they would have to be planning genocide of over a billion people.

Why do people always assume that this map is real? I highly doubt an organization of their calibre would knowingly knick a Swedish game's province map for propoganda purposes, and even if they were incredibly lazy and somewhat internet literate I doubt it would be the first or most easily used result in a search. It's almost certainly something cooked up by a third party. That party probably didn't actually follow anything IS has said; when did they mention Tibet, for one?

Probably because if it is 100% legit... It's really, really funny. Note I mentioned allegedly representative of ISIS. Not saying for sure since the Twitter account has been deleted :/

Updated version, now with some relief shading! Aesthetically, I think this is the best work I've done. Click for bigger version (caution, the file is big):

Good questions. Some of the population figures are ASB to make it work, but conceivably higher pre-war immigration and higher birthrates could make it happen. The three big divergences are (a) following creation of Israel, a large chunk of the Palestinians "rediscover" Samaritan roots; they do not become "Jews" really, but they kind of sit out the conflict after this, (b) King Hussein is overthrown in Jordan in ~1970 leading to a very different 1973 war, and (c) much much larger immigration from USSR/post-USSR and the USA to Israel.

Lebanon and Jabal al-Druze are Israeli supported protectorates run by Maronites/Greek Orthos and Druze, respectively. This leads to pretty big upheavals. Syria/Iraq collapse into several states.

In some sense the timeline just represents an expanded version of the OTL conflict. The WB is annexed and is demographically stable and the conflict over settlements/occupation/security instead revolves around Transjordan.

How did you make the relief map?

I agree with most of this but the Afghanistan part, I give Afghanistan a year to 18 months before it collapses again.
Yes, the consolidation of Afghanistan was rather tongue-in-cheek on the part of the author. Here is what a breakup would look like:

ClancyWetDream.png
Hazarajat is a client state of Iran, which gained a bit of ground in the Gulf but lost its Caspian coastline to the Republic of Mazandarani.

ClancyWetDream.png

Last edited:
Sacramento was founded by Sam Brannan and John Sutter Jr. in 1848. So that would mean that this TL has a post 1848 POD, but for Mexico to have kept California you would need a pre-1846 POD. That is a problem.

The territory is named after the Sacramento Valley (and the river of the same name), rather than the settlement that was founded during the gold rush. According to wiki it was named around the early to mid-19th century. It's wiki so make of that what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.