Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! I get what you're saying now. :D

Perhaps this will help. It's the world in the same projection from the opposite hemisphere.

With so much land, much of it would be desert as the lack of precipitation from so far inland such as Asia may contribute to large areas of land being desert wastelands like Tatooine.

A map based off of a recent Victoria 2 game.

Disunited States.png

Balkanized north america

I was bored today so I balkanized north america. It started with me wanting to add some U.S. territory to the nations of that Canada screw earlier... then I got bored so I balkanized the entire thing, comments welcome!

balkanizedNA.PNG

Updated version, now with some relief shading! Aesthetically, I think this is the best work I've done. Click for bigger version (caution, the file is big):

How did that map happen, RadicalRepublican?

Interesting, did you post the back story somewhere?

Good questions. Some of the population figures are ASB to make it work, but conceivably higher pre-war immigration and higher birthrates could make it happen. The three big divergences are (a) following creation of Israel, a large chunk of the Palestinians "rediscover" Samaritan roots; they do not become "Jews" really, but they kind of sit out the conflict after this, (b) King Hussein is overthrown in Jordan in ~1970 leading to a very different 1973 war, and (c) much much larger immigration from USSR/post-USSR and the USA to Israel.

Lebanon and Jabal al-Druze are Israeli supported protectorates run by Maronites/Greek Orthos and Druze, respectively. This leads to pretty big upheavals. Syria/Iraq collapse into several states.

In some sense the timeline just represents an expanded version of the OTL conflict. The WB is annexed and is demographically stable and the conflict over settlements/occupation/security instead revolves around Transjordan.

So what are Transjordan, Gaza, and the Shi'ite District?

Transjordan and Gaza are occupied/administered by Israel (but not annexed). Parts of Transjordan are heavily settled, whereas other are basically untouched.

The Shiite District is basically the Shiite areas of southern Lebanon: jointly occupied by Israel and (Christian) Lebanon but unsettled and mainly left to its own devices on the local level at least. In this timeline many Sunnis fled into Mesopotamia and Levantine Christians fled into "Lebanon", but the Shiites kind of stayed where they were.

Got two maps for you all today, and they're both from my semi-defunct "Never Setting Sun (Western British Empire)" TL. The back story is that some slightly different attitudes post War of 1812 and a key POD in the South American wars of independence eventually result in an earlier Canada, more british possessions in South America, and instead of a Mexican-American War we get a Pan American war thanks to America and Britain.

This is Mexico's internal divisions as of 1968 (where I've decided to "end" the TL):

This is America's internal divisions as of 1968:

Got two maps for you all today, and they're both from my semi-defunct "Never Setting Sun (Western British Empire)" TL. The back story is that some slightly different attitudes post War of 1812 and a key POD in the South American wars of independence eventually result in an earlier Canada, more british possessions in South America, and instead of a Mexican-American War we get a Pan American war thanks to America and Britain.

This is Mexico's internal divisions as of 1968 (where I've decided to "end" the TL):

This is America's internal divisions as of 1968:

That saounds jazzy, is there a link?

That's eventually going to be shared on the internet out of context in a very unsavory way :(

Dumb people will be dumb, it's a shame some people don't understand the concept of alternate history.

Yeeeesh, hadn't though of that. Haha, the thought of it ending up posted on some Al Qaeda chat forum as a map purportedly leaked by Edward Snowden representing America's plan for the middle east. :eek:

For the sake of balance, I am going to post a Hashemite-wank in the near future. :p

Is it me or did Saudi Arabia eat Qatar and Kuwait?

And the UAE, or so it seems.

Yeah, I just merged all the obscenely wealthy petro-Kingdoms into one mega petro-Kingdom.

Map from the latest post in my Timeline. Now with some countries of interest! This happens to be a map of the year 1800, the dawn of short-lived Pax España. Comments/questions appreciated.

1800(words).png

Maybe I'd rather incorporate some of the "lesser" streets in Lower Manhattan in order to make it a workable base map.

Manhattan Grid.png

Status
Not open for further replies.