Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 67076

I found this cool map while on Google.

2vhx1co.jpg

All the map is in Japanese as far as I can tell. The kanji parts (Chinese characters) use non-Simplified forms, and I suspect you'd find shinjitai kanji (i.e. characters simplified in a way unique to Japanese) in there if you looked closely.

Last edited:
Here's an other random map for you, It's basically Switzerland on steroids.

This is the Federation of the Alps, Consisting of 14 Federated states and 4 free cities. It's a rather loose federation were all states are allowed to set out their own internal policies. Only the economical and foreign policy are handled by the Federation. To promote equality among the members, the 3 different branches of government are spread out across the three language communities.

wi1uoo.jpg

Perhaps. Also it seems like Switzerland would be much more at risk of having its neutrality violated in this scenario.

I don't see how it could be neutral at all with those territories. There is something to be said about being tucked away in the mountains for preserving neutrality (that is, nobody wants to invade you).

Perhaps. Also it seems like Switzerland would be much more at risk of having its neutrality violated in this scenario.

I don't see how it could be neutral at all with those territories. There is something to be said about being tucked away in the mountains for preserving neutrality (that is, nobody wants to invade you).

More to the point, I think the most likely way to get that is an alternate development of Austria (gaining the Kingdom of Burgundy early on and then consolidating the area between) than any sort of Switzerland.

For starters that Tyrol is a very maximalist version of the Habsburg claims in the area (though I think the borders in the Valtellina are a bit wonky myself)

What really marks it out as 'essentially not-at-all like Switzerland' is the fact that apparently Bern is content to be dominated by the French speaking Burgundians, while the farmers of the Waldstätte have decided to give up their independence and allow themselves to be dominated by the city of Zurich.

Essentially those provinces are just too big for something like Switzerland. It looks more like some sort of weird post WWI or II plan to secure a peace by separating all the combatants.

Status
Not open for further replies.