Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorozhand

Banned
Well that's certainly a feasible chemical process (and especially since an oxygen depleted atmosphere is going to play merry hell with the free energy calculations so the entropic balance will be different from earth).

Hmm. So assuming an atmosphere like ours but with oxygen replaced with Fluorine, we'd be looking at, predominately blue and purple plants I think?

Mostly purple, some leaning towards magenta. Blue plants wouldn't be advantageous as the blue light of the star would reflect off of them. That would be like having yellow plants on earth.

Independent Estonia amuses me. Have they been taking neutrality lessons from the Swiss? :)
The Soviets 'liberated' the other two Baltic states from the Nazis and conquered Axis Fascist Finland, but because the Nazis never made it to Estonia (they were concentrating on Moscow more and weren't trying to grab Leningrad) the Soviets weren't allowed in liberate Estonia from itself. Since then Estonia's built enough fortresses to ensure any invasion would bleed more than taking them was worth. The Soviets also don't want to nuke them because of where all the fallout would end up. So if a war between the Western Democracies and the Communists broke out Estonia would probably shout at any Soviet ships sailing past and that's it.

Map of the Hydrogen Fluoride moon, Chalchiutotlin:

Is the Algol Ocean a Hitchhikers reference? And if so, wouldn't Santraginus make more sense for a world with non-water-based seas? On the other hand, Algol was supposed to have an unusual sun, so maybe it works just as well.

Here's a map I made a few days ago and one that I've been touching up since then. It's ASB for sure, but the basic premise is that, in 1917, as the United States prepared to go to war with the Central Powers, an ASB decides to change the opinions of every single American Citizen so that the United States goes to war supporting the Central Powers. The map shows the aftermath, 6 years post-POD. This is the World as of March 8, 1925.

tl1917.png

tl1917.png

Here's a map I made a few days ago and one that I've been touching up since then. It's ASB for sure, but the basic premise is that, in 1917, as the United States prepared to go to war with the Central Powers, an ASB decides to change the opinions of every single American Citizen so that the United States goes to war supporting the Central Powers. The map shows the aftermath, 6 years post-POD. This is the World as of March 8, 1925.

Now, I don't mind when ASBs create giant islands of cheese in the mid-Atlantic or ISOT the Inca Empire, but when they start with the mind control? That's positively dickish.

Dorozhand

Banned
It's okay Beedok the Maple Leaf will be forever! :D

I hope you don't mind theHombre. You did make a high quality map but come on, nobody can touch that maple leaf.

What is that state on the Adriatic opposite what I assume is the Papal States? It looks like some kind of "Republic of Umbria", but it doesn't really have a basis in pre-unification Italy.

New York in the Medieval America Thread over in AHB&M:

A. States in Upstate (Technically Villedeau, Champlain, and Genesee are Counties)
B. Official Languages
C. Actual Language Situation

The Southern Tier was conquered by Allegheny; NYC is in the Rump US. (Coastal Eastern Seaboard North of the Chesapeake.)

Medieval New York.png

The Maple Leaf forever! :mad:

Sorry :p

Now, I don't mind when ASBs create giant islands of cheese in the mid-Atlantic or ISOT the Inca Empire, but when they start with the mind control? That's positively dickish.

No kidding, right? It'll wear off, but the American people are forever change. Think of it like a national "that one time in college" moment.

It's okay Beedok the Maple Leaf will be forever! :D

I hope you don't mind theHombre. You did make a high quality map but come on, nobody can touch that maple leaf.

You, sir, are a beautiful man, and I thank you for improving my map. :)

What is that state on the Adriatic opposite what I assume is the Papal States? It looks like some kind of "Republic of Umbria", but it doesn't really have a basis in pre-unification Italy.

After the breakup of Italy, San Marino was awarded the all of that land.

Nice map, Hombre; but why exactly did Germany seize the Dutch East Indies?

The same reason the US seized North Borneo - because they could. Postwar agreements made between the two nations made the Dutch give up all their colonies, including the East Indies.

Status
Not open for further replies.