Map Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought that a unified Europe of that magnitude would be more probable to someone in the 1970s at the very earliest. Wouldn't an Orwellian style Eurasia like state suit the 50s?
Not that I'm querying you of course, I do recall Churchill comments on a USE in the 50s.
Oh, no, before the 70s the late 40s/early 50s were the time when a unified Europe (well, unified west Europe) looked likeliest - there wasn't just Churchill's comments, but also things like the European Defence Community proposal, the connected European Political Community proposal...

Cross-posted from the latest MoF
The conqueror for my map was Alexander of Molossus.

His invasion goes better, Alexander doesn't die at the battle of Pandosia. Defeats the Samnites, takes Benevento and it becomes the capital of the Kingdom of Italy, renamed Alexandria. *
A period of Hellenisation followed in his wake, and in 310's Alexander and Agathocles of Syracuse attack Carthage, sacking the town and forcing great tribute from Carthage. The Sicily settlements along with Sardinia are humiliatingly given to the Greeks, along with much of her fleet.

Upon Alexander's death in 300 BC the crown passed to his son Neoptolemus. His reign was short, as he was murdered by Pyrrhus, who had been exiled from Epirus.

Now under his personal rule Viteliu has extended further north of the Tiber. He sacked Rome and bought the allegiance of the Etruscan cities by recreating the Duodecim, the league of Etruscan twelve cities. Pyrrhus has pushed the border of Viteliu north to along the Po River, fighting the Gallic tribes that live there. But not all are eager to bow to Alexandria. After the sacking of Rome the remaining Romans fled to the safety of Veii, where they plot revenge, sending envoys to Syracuse and Carthage, to seek an alliance against Pyrrhus...

I tried a different style to other maps I've made, so some feedback would be nice. I'm going for a fake-printing-error look.

mof47_by_raven_the_5th-d4eoybg.png

Cross-posted from the latest MoF

I tried a different style to other maps I've made, so some feedback would be nice. I'm going for a fake-printing-error look.

uhm.... I was looking for a good point of divergence for a steampunk TL, this seems to fit quite nice. It wouldn't impact your map as it would be set centuries later, but I'd see well this map as an illustration on one of TTL history books....

Post-WW1 map. Guess which allegiances I changed.

So WW1 was Germany + A-H + USA + Japan vs Russia + Italy + France (+ China*)? The lack of major changes in the colonies that threw me, I assume the British Empire was neutral?
*I assume the intervention in Red China was later or separate to the European conflicts.

So WW1 was Germany + A-H + USA + Japan vs Russia + Italy + France (+ China*)? The lack of major changes in the colonies that threw me, I assume the British Empire was neutral?
*I assume the intervention in Red China was later or separate to the European conflicts.

Germany + A-H + USA + Bulgaria vs Serbia & Russia + Italy + OE + Romania + France & Belgium (Britain was neutral and China came later, as you guessed)

After a break, I've been continuing with my OTL Demographic Maps.
(Bitches best stay off my turf!)

The below is a map of population Density by country, territory and, in the case of the Big 3 Federations, state.

2011 World Population Density.png

Last edited:
Nice map, but in case of non-political maps it would be nicer to see the subdivisions of China, Russia and Brazil, too.

Nice map, but in case of non-political maps it would be nicer to see the subdivisions of China, Russia and Brazil, too.

Unless I'm doing a map centered around one of them I do not include the subdivisions of any of them, period.

After a break, I've ben continuing with my OTL Demographic Maps.
(Bitches best stay off my turf!)

The below is a mapr of opulation Density by country, territory and, in the case of the Big 3 Federations, state.

Last time I checked Somalia was still one country, looks weird to see Puntland who doesnt even want to become its own state and Somaliland that is not recognized by anyone.

Last time I checked Somalia was still one country, looks weird to see Puntland who doesnt even want to become its own state and Somaliland that is not recognized by anyone.

Somaliland has been independent (just not recognized) for twenty years.
Puntland, do to its highly autonomous nature I treated the same way as the major Federations.

Isn't Russia a federation?

It is de jure, however de facto it's far closer to a centralized state with some regional devolution.

Australia, Canada, and the United States's Prvoinces, States and Territories are shown because they have very high degrees of autonomy guaranteed to them by their respective constitutions AND in practice retain those powers.

I have a question: Would it be possible for a more pro-soviet Communist China and alternate USSR (POD somewhere in 1910-1920 range) to partition Mongolia in the following manner: An area ceded to each power, and the remainder divided into four areas (An area with full Mongolian Control (Including the capitol), an area administered from Russia, an area admin. from China, and an area jointly controlled by the three)? Is it likely?

It is de jure, however de facto it's far closer to a centralized state with some regional devolution.

Australia, Canada, and the United States's Prvoinces, States and Territories are shown because they have very high degrees of autonomy guaranteed to them by their respective constitutions AND in practice retain those powers.

I can understand from a political stand point, but I feel like geographically (especially with such huge countries as Russia and China) population density would be an important factor. There's virtually no one in Xinxiang compared with Heibei. The map makes it seem like there's an equal population distribution.

...Sure.

So what's America's Chechnya, and what's America's Yakutia?

Besides it's a population map. That's just lazy.

I can understand from a political stand point, but I feel like geographically (especially with such huge countries as Russia and China) population density would be an important factor. There's virtually no one in Xinxiang compared with Heibei. The map makes it seem like there's an equal population distribution.

Well that's the thing, overall this is meant as a national map, not a breakdown by internal regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.