Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I present to you the partition of Switzerland;

The French area went to France, the primary Italian area to Italy, most of the German areas to Germany (it looks better if Germany, Austria and Liechtenstein are combined with it) while the remainder, specifically the Canton of Graubünden is made and independent state do it to being highly multilingual (German, Italian and all of the Romansch speakers).

Partition of Switzerland.png

I present to you the partition of Switzerland;

The French area went to France, the primary Italian area to Italy, most of the German areas to Germany (it looks better if Germany, Austria and Liechtenstein are combined with it) while the remainder, specifically the Canton of Graubünden is made and independent state do it to being highly multilingual (German, Italian and all of the Romansch speakers).

How dare you! You undid Liechtenstien's double landocked-ness!

You and whoever carries your name till the end of time shall carry a most wretched curse.

EDIT: Tough I am not sure about West-Frisian, this: when people make Dutch or German maps you see this alot: In inEnglish countries are called Republic of Belgium, Kingdom of France etc. and when you literrally translate it you end up with Republiek van België, Königreich von Frankreich, but in Dutch and the German the "of" isnt used in the names of countries, so it should be: Republiek België, Königreich Frankreich. It is a very commom mistake made on AH.com.
So Emirat Denemark, instead of Emirat fan Denemark

From the Frisian Wikipedia, the "of" is indeed used in country names in West Frisian.

Very cool! The West Frisian "Inglish" is a nice touch.

Thanks. :)

This seems to be in the Beedokan Map Style: A very nice looking map, but using UCS and having no background information.

Well it's a WIP, and having no background info whenever you're still in the process of constructing the map can be very useful in that it allows us to comment and suggest things the map-maker should consider adding.

Status
Not open for further replies.