Map Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapsburg

Banned
Mars, c.2300:
mars2300cd3.png

Nice flag-map, though I question the identical borders in India if the POD is pre-Russian Revolution (as evidenced by the Tsarist Russia).
I don´t think the POD must be pre-Russian Revolution. After all its also the post-Sowjet Union flag. Maybe in this world Communism falled in the 1950th and not in the 1980th. Maybe the hungarian Revolution lead to a chain-reaction.

I don´t think the POD must be pre-Russian Revolution. After all its also the post-Sowjet Union flag. Maybe in this world Communism falled in the 1950th and not in the 1980th. Maybe the hungarian Revolution lead to a chain-reaction.

Oh, I think I overlooked that Hokkaido had become Russian. So it must be a earlier POD.

The POD is very earlier, in 1870. However, butterflies didn't spand to Russia and Asia until ca.1910, during TTL Great War. Communist revolution failed (Lenin, among other things, wasn't able to travel to Russia) and Russia suffered a short period of liberalization followed by other of fascist autocracy. In the real sense, this Union of All Russias (even the Monarchy was later abolished, so it isn't known as Russian Empire) has many things in common with Stalinist Russia: a supreme leader with cult-personality, purges, concentration camps in Siberia, etc. East Turkestan, Mongolia, Manchuria, Corea and Japan are just Russian puppets, mostly stablished after WW2.

Heh. Why does China still retain Qinghai and Guangxi, while were at it? ;)

War conquest and all that stuff. The Republic of China doesn't recognize the independence of Tibet, East Turkestan, Mongolia and Manchuria. The first is likely to lose its independence as soon as finish the wars against the others. However, this is delayed more and more due to the firm Russian support to the northern rebel states and the conseqent internalproblems in China.

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
The POD is very earlier, in 1870. However, butterflies didn't spand to Russia and Asia until ca.1910, during TTL Great War. Communist revolution failed (Lenin, among other things, wasn't able to travel to Russia) and Russia suffered a short period of liberalization followed by other of fascist autocracy. In the real sense, this Union of All Russias (even the Monarchy was later abolished, so it isn't known as Russian Empire) have many things in common with Stalinist Russia: a supreme leader with cult-personality, purges, concentration camps in Siberia, etc. East Turkestan, Mongolia, Manchuria, Corea and Japan are just Russian puppets, mostly stablished after WW2.

War conquest and all that stuff. The Republic of China doesn't recognize the independence of Tibet, East Turkestan, Mongolia and Manchuria. The first is likely to lose its independence as soon as finish the wars against the others. However, this is delayed more and more due to the firm Russian support to the northern rebel states and the conseqent internalproblems in China.
So how do you explain the identical borders and flags to OTL in the Indian subcontinent? :confused:

So how do you explain the identical borders and flags to OTL in the Indian subcontinent? :confused:

Well, the purpose of this map was just to show alternate versions of China and Russia, you don't need to pay many atention to the Indian subcontinent. I recognize that I'm not very informed on Indian history, but I don't believe that the absense of Communism in Asia could cause a different India/Pakistan split or different Indian flags.

Actually, there are little changes in Indian borders. Arunachal Pradesh and Aksai Chin are still in Indian hands.

Thande

Donor
Well, the purpose of this map was just to show alternate versions of China and Russia, you don't need to pay many atention to the Indian subcontinent. I recognize that I'm not very informed on Indian history, but I don't believe that the absense of Communism in Asia could cause a different India/Pakistan split or different Indian flags.

Actually, there are little changes in Indian borders. Arunachal Pradesh and Aksai Chin are still in Indian hands.

It's more the flags I have problems with. The Indian flag only dates from 1931 and there even BEING a state of Pakistan is basically dependent on one man being in the same position as OTL, never mind having the same flag.

It's more the flags I have problems with. The Indian flag only dates from 1931 and there even BEING a state of Pakistan is basically dependent on one man being in the same position as OTL, never mind having the same flag.

How do you do flag maps? :confused:

I understand your objection.

I’d like to repeat my request a AD 1850 Europe map featuring:
-Uber-Italy, claiming OTL Italy, Tirol, Corsica, Provance, Adriatic coast, most Mediterranean islands, Constantinople, some lands in Africa but not all Africa and Gibraltar. Not named Roman Empire;
-Kingdom of Poland-Hungary;
-Denmark that controls S-H, Scania and OTL Estonia.
-Tatar-Lithuania in place of Russia, expanding into Causas and east, but not into the north.
-Three small states on Iberian Peninsula: Leon, Lusitania and Navarre. Rest filled up with a single nation not named Spain.
-British Isles split between Ireland, Normandy (southernmost areas only) and Republic of York.
-France split into Normandy, Aquitaine and Burgundy;
-Be sure to include some sort of Teutonic state or it’s successor in the Balkans. Rest is up to you.

Diamond? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.