Map of the Fortnight: Main thread

Who's planning to submit an entry for MotF 105?

I'm going to try too, hoping university work doesn't get in the way.
I won't give it away, but let's just say that it's something of an unofficial sequel to one of my previous maps, to "correct" some problems people had with it ;).

Last edited:

Krall

Banned
How many more people are planning on/thinking of entering MotF 105? I hope this round won't need an extension too.

Anyway, here are some good and popular challenge suggestions which may be good for MotF 106:

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death!

Make a map showing an ongoing revolt or rebellion.
Maps in the Mirror

Make a map showing a scenario which is an ironic reverse of OTL.

For example, a democratic nation in the Middle East sending troops to North America to prevent international terrorism, France invading Germany via Belgium, or an advanced China imposing unequal treaties on a less developed Europe.
The Great Rebuilding

Make a map of an urban reconstruction effort.
The Pale Continent

Make a map showing arbitrary colonial borders in Europe in a timeline where it was colonised by countries from another region.
Natives? What Natives?

Make a map showing arbitrary colonial borders.
The Locked Country

Make a map showing a country which has cut itself off from the rest of the world.

I have a good idea for Map in the Mirror, so I'd like to do that next.

But eventually I'd also like to do Human Nature, so I'll give support there too.

Krall

Banned
Looks like Maps in the Mirror is the current favourite, but there's still a few days left until MotF 106 so another challenge could still be chosen. Is there anyone else who would like to express their support for one or several challenge suggestions? Remember anyone is allowed to be involved in the challenge choosing process, regardless of how much they've been involved in the MotF contest - so if there's anyone looking at this thread wondering whether they're allowed to post their support or not, then you are definitely allowed. :)

Looks like Maps in the Mirror is the current favourite, but there's still a few days left until MotF 106 so another challenge could still be chosen. Is there anyone else who would like to express their support for one or several challenge suggestions? Remember anyone is allowed to be involved in the challenge choosing process, regardless of how much they've been involved in the MotF contest - so if there's anyone looking at this thread wondering whether they're allowed to post their support or not, then you are definitely allowed. :)

I have a question about this challenge though: is ASB allowed

Aww, I wanted to enter this round. :(

I'm not going to ask for an extension, though; I'm not sure I'll be able to finish even with an extra week.

My support goes for Maps in the Mirror; I'll be able to continue with the basemap I've already created.

Krall

Banned
How long do I have until the Poll is posted?

I'll be posting the new threads quite late, as I know Reagent is very close to being finished but needs a bit more time. The new threads should be up in about an hour. :)

"Maps in the Mirror" is definitely the most popular suggestion at the moment, so it shall be the challenge for MotF 106 (once it's posted)!

Krall

Banned
Reagent had his file crash and lost some work, so I'm going to delay actually posting the new threads until I wake up tomorrow. Feel free to start making entries for MotF 106 if you want to, though. :)