Map of the Fortnight: Main thread

Post-Chavin
Show a world where the Chavin civilisation of Peru discovered Australia, settled it, and became a expansionist empire in the Pacific, Eastern Asia and South America, and how this wouldve affected the rest of the world..

it can be set anytime after their conquest of Australia like how they wouldve came into contact with the europeans, or exploring africa, or what the world looks like now, and so on

KCammy

Banned
Post-Chavin
Show a world where the Chavin civilisation of Peru discovered Australia, settled it, and became a expansionist empire in the Pacific, Eastern Asia and South America, and how this wouldve affected the rest of the world..

it can be set anytime after their conquest of Australia like how they wouldve came into contact with the europeans, or exploring africa, or what the world looks like now, and so on

Not very open-ended.

Have we ever done a sports-related challenge?

I would love to try my hand at a challenge involving an alternate historical development of a sport. Such as an "alternate soccer" map of the US, where the NASL flourished and became a top-tier league alongside the European and South American leagues.

I would love to try my hand at a challenge involving an alternate historical development of a sport. Such as an "alternate soccer" map of the US, where the NASL flourished and became a top-tier league alongside the European and South American leagues.

That'd be cool. Something different

Krall

Banned

I think sports-related challenges have been suggested before, but never chosen. I think a sports challenge might be a good idea, it would have to be quite open-ended though - perhaps just "Make a map showing a sports league, competition or championship from an alternate world"? That would allow for both OTL sports (but in alternate worlds), and ATL sports.

Krall

Banned
So do we have a date for MotF 43? (43 Already? Woah... :eek:)

MotF 43 is starting later today. Technically it's already started, I just haven't put the thread up. I'm also waiting to see if there will be any very last minute entries for MotF 42 before I post the voting thread for that.

First of all, thank you Krall for allowing my late entry for MotF42. I'll spare you the details of how I managed to turn a three-week challenge into a last-minute all-nighter...:eek:

Second, though I'm not a sports guy *at all*, I think "Make a map showing a sports league, competition or championship from an alternate world" sounds pretty interesting and flexible. Props to Dizcorp for the suggestion!

Here's my suggestions for what we could call such a challenge:
The Game Is On!
The Ball Is In Your Court
Match Of The Century

Finally, my compliments to Martin23230 - I really dig the look of your MotfF42 entry.

Cheers, and good luck to all with Punk's Not Dead!

Here's an idea I had for a contest:

Fulfilling the Prophecy

Throughout history, countless predictions have been made. While some believe that some of these prophecies have come true, more have not. Make a map where a prophecy that has not come true has.​

Here's an idea I had for a contest:

Fulfilling the Prophecy

Throughout history, countless predictions have been made. While some believe that some of these prophecies have come true, more have not. Make a map where a prophecy that has not come true has.​

An idea inspired by this, maybe an enlargment able to please everyone
It was written

Througout history, peoples and nations belived in destiny. Prophecies or convictions, they ruled hearts and heads. Some come true (Manifest Destiny, Christianism), more have not (Roma Aeterna, Quetzacoatl).

Make a map where a destiny reach its fate : fullfying or destruction.

Nah man, that's way to open-ended. You could make a map of anything and then make up a prophecy-related text to go with it.

The original idea has more merit, I think. An interesting theme, you could have post-Y2K maps, or maps showing the aftereffects of a prophecized Rapture. What if the Mahdi of Sudan _had been_ the Mahdi?

I think sports-related challenges have been suggested before, but never chosen. I think a sports challenge might be a good idea, it would have to be quite open-ended though - perhaps just "Make a map showing a sports league, competition or championship from an alternate world"? That would allow for both OTL sports (but in alternate worlds), and ATL sports.

For the game, for the world

Show a map of a sports competition in an alternate universe. The league may be of an existing sport, or of a sport that developed differently from OTL.

Examples include a successful league in a country not known for success in the sport in OTL, the alternative spread of a worldwide sport over the decades, or a dystopia where sports such as Rollerball and Speedball became real.

Future history is permitted.​

Last edited:

Krall

Banned

I think the description of the restrictions I gave for MotF 43 may be a little bit too complex, but hopefully anyone who's confused will PM me instead of being discouraged.

Sorry for getting these threads up a day late, I honestly forgot to do so yesterday! Hopefully the fact that everyone was given several weeks prior notice as to what MotF 43 would be means that this won't result in fewer entries!

The Darkest of Days
-Show a map showing a plan to do something so vile, that it is indisputably inhumane. This can be a genocide, drowning of vast lands, or anything else you think of. Future and moderate ASB is permitted.

I was going to do something for 42, but I just couldn't settle on an idea. However, I have two ideas for this one -- either turn-of-the-century-punk or enlightenment-punk. :D

KCammy

Banned
The Darkest of Days
-Show a map showing a plan to do something so vile, that it is indisputably inhumane. This can be a genocide, drowning of vast lands, or anything else you think of. Future and moderate ASB is permitted.

I actually really like this.

Very open-ended.

The Darkest of Days

This could very well be horrifying.