Map Continuation XIII (Z) - Zafriza

we have done Europe, Asia and Oceania now we will do Zafriza (Africa but c=z and starts with Z)
you may start right about now
other info: I'm now 2nd moderator of Map Continuation XIII (Z),
Sweden (-Normandy) is Great power but give it only small (or no) parts of Zafriza,
Franks (France) is Great Power and wants big parts of Zafriza,
Leon is Great Power and wants big parts of Zafriza,
maximum 2 non colonial countries
and date is 1910.

Zafriza map.png

Last edited:
first claim for Leon

Domínio de Marokkas
(Dominion of Morocco) - A member of the Leon Commonwealth of States

The Part above the Gray Border is part of Leon proper, everything south of that is part of
Domínio de Marokkas.

mapconZafrica.png

Last edited:
Better for me also as regards southern Zafriza (I like that name for some reason), but the sliver up north you should have taken all of Sinia. Honestly though, I would think the Franks (Is it still French ITTL?), the Venetian, or possibly the Seljuk Commonality would have that.

used your suggestion for Sinai peninsula

@all
I added date.

Can someone please claim Comoros, Zanzibar and a bit of Tanzania / Mozambique coast for Oman :)
Also why us Africa called Zafriza?

Also, if Sweden isn't supposed to have that much in 'Zafriza' why does it have the two most strategically important parts? (Suez and the Cape)

Most Christian Empire of Ethiopia-Egypt

-after some various wars with different Europeans and Oman.

They still hold Cairo, but lost Alexandria to ?????? years ago. (The Ethiopia conquered "Sudan?" and Egypt a few centuries ago, but have been in decline for several decades {Think the Ottomans}. While there are many Muslims living in the Empire the Ethiopians place Ethiopian Orthodoxy, Egyptian Coptics*, & and other Christians above everyone else) They are now pushing for an alliance with the Franks or Alba, and are retooling their industries and education system.

*Many Copts helped the Ethiopians during the invasion.

mapconZafrica.png

Last edited:
Why would people randomly rename Africa to Zafriza?

Alvar was just labeling it a Map Continuation Z-Africa by way of Zafriza. I don't know why the c was turned to a z, but I kind of like it.

I don't think we're actually calling Africa "Zafriza", but it would be rather interesting to come up with a reason for the phonetic drift for it to be so.

Kingdom of Madagaskar.
Profited, survived and modernized through trade relations and occasional alliances with Oman .

mapconZafrica.png