Map: 2004 United States Elections...

What POD does it take to get a voting map like the following...

red is the GOP, blue is the Dems.

also, how do these changes alter the election outcome?

USA_counties_Blank BLANK.png

Alaska does not report electoral results by counties.

That map looks like a swing to the Democrats of around 5-10%. So, possibly the nomination of a more dynamic Democrat who is able to win a more solid victory over Bush. Possibly, a sweep of the debates and no Swift Boat Vets and Kerry could pull this off.

HueyLong

Banned
Isn't there a controversy over the gerrymandering of Texas? Where Democratic cities are held down by large areas that vote Republican?

Last edited:
I'm guessing Kerry won Arizona, New Mexico, Iowa, Colorado, Arkansas, Nevada, Ohio, Florida, Louisiana, Virginia, West Virginia, and North Carolina if it was a Kerry/McCain ticket we're talking about (in addition to all the OTL Kerry states).....and do my eyes decieve me, or did Kerry win Utah?

David bar Elias said:
I'm guessing Kerry won Arizona, New Mexico, Iowa, Colorado, Arkansas, Nevada, Ohio, Florida, Louisiana, Virginia, West Virginia, and North Carolina if it was a Kerry/McCain ticket we're talking about (in addition to all the OTL Kerry states).....and do my eyes decieve me, or did Kerry win Utah?

In this TL Kerry still wouldn't win Virginia. The only population center he wins is Richmond and the surround suburbs. The rest of the counties he wins are rural with low populations (aside from Albemarle & Charlottesville). The big population centers (NOVA and Tidewater) still go with W.

Oklahoma doesn't make sense....it looks like Kerry won two of those staunchly conservative counties in the panhandle....

OK, I'm guessing Dubya won VA by about the same margin Dole did in '96....arond 2% or so.....since Kerry did much better in eastern VA, but Dubya kept NOVA.....

ComradeFlyer said:
What POD does it take to get a voting map like the following...

red is the GOP, blue is the Dems.

also, how do these changes alter the election outcome?

Did you do anything particular, like bump everything 5%, or change certain areas? There's so many counties, it's hard for me to follow.

Anaxagoras

Banned
BGMan said:
Nah... University of Texas.

Are you suggesting that UT students support Bush? You obviously haven't been around Austin in awhile.

I don't understand how Austin, a Democratic stronghold, goes for Bush, but the counties to the east of Austin, an area of solid Republican support, go for Kerry.