Malê Rising

I just watched this video too and realized how much I have been missing by not reading this TL. I am also sad that there is not another video I can find to learn more about the plot. Does anyone know an easy way for me to get a summery of the TL besides going through each post on here?
QuantumBranching's DeviantART profile has a map for it and Bruce's breakdown is pretty good setting up the viewer for understanding the context, I'd say that it is your best bet.

While this TL is getting a few new posts I just want to say how much I enjoyed reading it, when I did -- I think it's one of the best things on this site. (As I read through I had a list in my mind of specific things I wanted to point out but alas my memory is swiss cheese at the best of times and that was a while ago, so it will need to wait until I have the necessary time for a reread.)

I don't think we need to do that - the main timeline is finished, I don't plan on adding anything more to it (although all of you remain free to do so), and it seems clear that this is a side discussion.
I might be interested in creating something like Ephraim Ben Raphael’s It’s a Lovely Day Tomorrow on SpaceBattles chronicling the rise and fall of the Imperial powers and exploring the aftermath of class revolution/nuclear war in the metropole/decolonization after decades of Imperialist rule . I assume most of the postcolonial states would suffer from many of the internal problems OTL postcolonial states had if not worse.

Last edited:
I just watched this video too and realized how much I have been missing by not reading this TL. I am also sad that there is not another video I can find to learn more about the plot. Does anyone know an easy way for me to get a summery of the TL besides going through each post on here?
There's a list of updates here that will help navigate the updates from the comments - it's missing the last two or three but includes all the others.While this TL is getting a few new posts I just want to say how much I enjoyed reading it, when I did -- I think it's on
While this TL is getting a few new posts I just want to say how much I enjoyed reading it, when I did -- I think it's one of the best things on this site. (As I read through I had a list in my mind of specific things I wanted to point out but alas my memory is swiss cheese at the best of times and that was a while ago, so it will need to wait until I have the necessary time for a reread.)
Thanks - it's always good for the soul to know that people are still reading and getting enjoyment from this story.
I might be interested in creating something like Ephraim Ben Raphael’s It’s a Lovely Day Tomorrow on SpaceBattles chronicling the rise and fall of the Imperial powers and exploring the aftermath of class revolution/nuclear war in the metropole/decolonization after decades of Imperialist rule . I assume most of the postcolonial states would suffer from many of the internal problems OTL postcolonial states had if not worse.
Probably worse, given the greater level of oppression and debasement - Congo IOTL would be the median in the meta-TL rather than the outlier. OTOH, some of the post-colonial states in the meta-TL will have memories of 19th-century statehood and republican ideology to draw on.

Anyway, if you want to make the meta-TL into a full story, which I'd love to see, it might be best to start a separate thread after all - a lengthy project that's essentially a new TL is something different from a couple dozen posts of meta-discussion.

Probably worse, given the greater level of oppression and debasement - Congo IOTL would be the median in the meta-TL rather than the outlier. OTOH, some of the post-colonial states in the meta-TL will have memories of 19th-century statehood and republican ideology to draw on.
The New World states, Ethiopia, Sokoto, Egypt, China, India, Korea, Siam, Vietnam and parts of Europe certainly - these will probably be in a “better” condition than the rest if only by virtue of having a state apparatus to draw upon even if the result is that of OTL Burma or North Korea.

The worst probably means something like a post-collapse North Korea or “completed” genocide like Pol Pot’s Cambodia or a Reichkommisariat-like settler colony run by a extreme branch of the local Party, although I’m not sure how I would cover that excluding a vague reference because this might turn into grimdark

Created as the End of Empires timeline

Last edited: