Maid of Norway, Queen of Scotland: A Plantagenet Britain Timeline

I hope for the opposite of that and that France retakes all of the Plantagenet lands.

Same. So that Ned and Maggie can focus on uniting their kingdoms plus set their eyes on ireland

I'm sorry but I hope that France really takes a lot of slaps that will hurt Philip a lot, so as to make him think carefully, before trying to put into practice some of his more criminal ideas ( like the mock trial of the Templars or his in Italy, although I agree that Boniface VIII needed to slightly scale back his ambitions ) after all Edward is only doing what his ancestors have been doing for 2 centuries now, i.e. waging war on their sovereign to make him stop being too presumptuous or greedy for other people's territories ( also there is the " assassination " of Edmund to avenge ) for the rest I doubt that the two contenders can really make enormous conquests against their adversary, at most they will be minor gains ( just enough time to create a coalition of nobles to put against Philip, so as to force him into negotiations and also slightly humiliate him and make him give up so as to create new problems for a while )

after all this is the period of greatest influence and power on the continent ever had by an "" English "" dynasty, so why would they want to give that up ?, I would prefer to see Ned and Margaret continue on this path, to see what a can actually do Plantagenet Great Britain with possessions in continental Europe ( after all, Ireland is not going anywhere, and can be brought slowly and steadily within the kingdom, without however having to give up the ambition of being the most powerful dynasty in Christianity ( after all, in this period the dreams of hegemony, not they were absurd illusions in which only the English believed ( as were the claims of Henry VIII and his successors ) but a concrete possibility )

Last edited:
Same. So that Ned and Maggie can focus on uniting their kingdoms plus set their eyes on ireland
Already English. A lot of of Eddies’ otl troops came from Ireland.They just need to strengthen control. Not really a distraction to waging wars on the continent and in Norway.

Already English. A lot of of Eddies’ otl troops came from Ireland.They just need to strengthen control. Not really a distraction to waging wars on the continent and in Norway.
You just want to create a massive United Kingdom, don’t you?
Not that I complain, as long as they don’t go near Anatolia, or Balkans, or anywhere that Turks can expand to ;)

I don't think the ottoman empire exists yet.

technically still not officially, but Osman should already be active in Western Anatolia in this period ( if I'm not mistaken from 1280 ), although still under the nominal control of the Sultanate of Rum, but I believe that he ( Osman ) would currently be focused on trying to survive the campaigns of Alexios Philanthropenos ( unless he decides to rebel against Andronikos II as he did in Otl in 1295 ) so if Edward ( or more likely his successors ) wants to make a new armed pilgrimage to the Holy Land ( since we know that Ed wanted to go ( possibly before he died ) to recover Acre in Otl ) they will surely end up hearing about it

Last edited:
You just want to create a massive United Kingdom, don’t you?
Not that I complain, as long as they don’t go near Anatolia, or Balkans, or anywhere that Turks can expand to ;)
Just a United Kingdom?!How cute.Kek.
IMG_5931.jpeg

IMG_5932.png

The fall of acre was in 1291. It happened. I just didn't mention.
I said "I'm going to focus on the British islands and maybe France and Scandinavia" and you guys thought I WAS GONNA DO A FUCKING CRUSADE? ARE YOU SHITTING ME? Do you guys seriously think I have the mental fortitude to do a holy war in 2024? In this economy? Girl, please.

I said "I'm going to focus on the British islands and maybe France and Scandinavia" and you guys thought I WAS GONNA DO A FUCKING CRUSADE? ARE YOU SHITTING ME? Do you guys seriously think I have the mental fortitude to do a holy war in 2024? In this economy? Girl, please.
I am happy with this, don’t worry!
(Also, are you joking or serious? I feel like it is a joke, but you might be angry too)

I am happy with this, don’t worry!
(Also, are you joking or serious? I feel like it is a joke, but you might be angry too)
I'm half-joking and half-offended that you guys really thought I was gonna do a crusade. I know a lot of people here didn't read my other stories, but I'm not really a 'war' guy (guy is non-gendered, im still a woman)

I don't think the ottoman empire exists yet.

Not officially but Osman probably was already working with that at this point and butterflies hardly have yet arrived to Anatolia.

It is possible that this timeline could avert the fall of Acre. But I don't think Edward I was ever interested in Anatolia.

Holy Land was already practically lost at this point.

But probably Pandizzy not focus there anyway. On previous TLs she has always focused to nations of her main characters.

Not officially but Osman probably was already working with that at this point and butterflies hardly have yet arrived to Anatolia.

Holy Land was already practically lost at this point.

But probably Pandizzy not focus there anyway. On previous TLs she has always focused to nations of her main characters.
I know it was a mistake with Nuranghe, but I love the pronoun use. At this point, I'm gonna make it my ongoing gag.

I, a woman, hate going too far, because I need to pay attention to so many different subjects.

I know a lot of people here didn't read my other stories
I didn’t, to be completely honest.
You are like the only Medieval story I am reading (and probably the only Medieval story read without getting bored, always preferred the timelines who begin in Middle of the 19th Century at minimum, as I tend to get quite bored at times before that. Good old politics I am accustomed simply didn’t exist.), so… sorry? (I have no idea how to close this sentence)
I'm not really a 'war' guy
Like me, then!
Give me bunch of old gray haired guys in gray suits discussing politics in some conference in some resort town for resolving some war in some country or for a coalition over some guys fighting in wars!

I know it was a mistake with Nuranghe, but I love the pronoun use. At this point, I'm gonna make it my ongoing gag.

I, a woman, hate going too far, because I need to pay attention to so many different subjects.
Keep the focus on girl! Can't wait to see how the british isles will be united.

I didn’t, to be completely honest.
You are like the only Medieval story I am reading (and probably the only Medieval story read without getting bored, always preferred the timelines who begin in Middle of the 19th Century at minimum, as I tend to get quite bored at times before that. Good old politics I am accustomed simply didn’t exist.), so… sorry? (I have no idea how to close this sentence)
Yes, when I wrote this I thought "Sultan is someone who didn't read my other stories."

Apparently, medieval nicknames for Constance were Cust and Cussot. My poor baby girl Constance was about to be saddled with the second worst nickname in this story.