Magna Mundi - The Game

Magna Mundi is currently being made as a brand new stand alone game!

It will use the same engine as Europa Universalis III, and it's timeframe will run from the fall of constantinople (1453, but you should know that if you are a member of AH.com ;)), to an end date similar to current EU3. (Personally, I hope for 1835, but I doubt it that will happen. :eek: Maybe in a mod.:D)

It will be designed in the same design philosophy as the mod has been, but now many constraints have been freed.

Some points on the game:

The map will be beautiful. (OH... MY... GOD... It is so awesome I can't begin to tell you. *Showers endless praise uopn the illustrious Strannik*)

It will be nowhere near as eurocentric as Europa Universalis has been, we have developers with good historical knowledge of India and Asia, for example, that will be using that knowledge to flesh out these severely underrepresented areas of the world. (The plans for India in particular are great.)

Warfare will be completely redesigned. Ubik's plans will make you *squee*.

All the amazing stuff from MMP2 you are used to (HRE, Administrative Efficiency, Power levels, nomadic, religous conversion, Factions, etc) will be passed into the game engine, and brought out of the bloated event formats they are currently in, allowing for much better game performance and improvement.

The interface will be completely designed. (My favorite of these changes will be the elimination of the ledger. That thing is a UI crappile.)

I am probably missing some stuff in my haste to share my happiness that this was announced, but I'll post more later.

*And strategy gamers rejoiced*

EDIT: Okay, I'll add a link to the new subforum at paradox forums (They just moved the Magna Mundi mod forum up to the front, but new stickied threads are being added):
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=403

Last edited:

Nikephoros

Banned
I posted an extremely brief notice about this in the EU3 thread.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of it.

I posted an extremely brief notice about this in the EU3 thread.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of it.

It's not an expansion to EU3, it will be more like a cousin to EU3.

I mean, Victoria, EU3, and HoI all use the Clausewitz engine. But they are very, very different. MM will base off the EU3 version of the engine, as it has already been filled with great code to model the time period, but it will be changed on every level to fit the MM design.

Some things will stay the same, some will look slightly different to more fit the MM style, some things will be completely different, and some things will be brand spanking new.

Nikephoros

Banned
It's not an expansion to EU3, it will be more like a cousin to EU3.

I mean, Victoria, EU3, and HoI all use the Clausewitz engine. But they are very, very different. MM will base off the EU3 version of the engine, as it has already been filled with great code to model the time period, but it will be changed on every level to fit the MM design.

Some things will stay the same, some will look slightly different to more fit the MM style, some things will be completely different, and some things will be brand spanking new.

I know all that.

I was thinking more on the lines of moral concerns more than anything.

My only problem with this is that it will probably make Ubik even more of a smug pain in the ass on the paradox forums. Ah well, it's a good mod overall and hopefully they'll be able to make a good game of it.

You know, I initially read that as Manga Mundi and briefly speculated on a EU III type game with magical girls and giant robots...

Bruce

Updated info on Magna Mundi

They have now a webpage in www.magnamundi.com

The first Developer's Diary is up and running on Paradox Forums.

Here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...a-Mundi-Developer-s-Diary-1-Setting-the-Stage

It seems Paradox did an official Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/MagnaMundi?v=wall

Ubik also Twitts frequently interesting tidbits about the game.

Search @magnamundi to follow it.

And a screenshot here:

ss7.jpg
ss12.jpg

ss7.jpg

Last edited: