Long-term implications of Inglourious Basterds

I'm sure you're aware of the Quentin Tarantino alternate history movie Inglourious Basterds, but just in case you're not, it's about two plots to assassinate the upper echelons of Nazi Germany's leadership. These plans, while put on a collision course, end up succeeding, with most if not all of the top Nazis killed in a French movie theater.

However, the movie doesn't dwell on the long-term ramifications of this happening. So I decided to pose the question: what ripples might such an event have produced?

MaxGerke01

Banned
A decapitation strike on the Nazi leadership might actually be a very bad thing.Depending on who was actually left to be the new Fuherer there is a chance that the Western Allies or the Soviets or both might be willing to come to some kind of accommodation with Nazi Germany ? Even if there was still an unconditional surrender and the Germans were forced to give up all their ill gotten gains.Germany is mostly intact right ?
Would or could Germany itself be truly deNazified in the wake of having the war being cut short and its leaders removed but replaced by some that were a" little less objectionable " ?
I just think Germany would quite possibly get off the hook in this one even more than they did OTL because the Allies and Soviets are just so eager to stop bleeding they dont press the Germans as far as they could even in light of the Holocaust. Am I wrong about this ? I really hope so but somehow I dont think so...

remember, both himmler and rommel still alive in this tl. so my shot is
-himmler takes over, the holocaust may or may not be accelerated.
-rommel had a shot of being the president of west germany.
-faster end of the war is sure. how fast ? maybe january 1945.

MaxGerke01

Banned
remember, both himmler and rommel still alive in this tl. so my shot is
-himmler takes over, the holocaust may or may not be accelerated.
-rommel had a shot of being the president of west germany.
-faster end of the war is sure. how fast ? maybe january 1945.
I thought Himmler was also at the theater and was killed with the rest ?

MaxGerke01

Banned
if my mind was sooth, then it was goering and goebbels that were killed.
Well if Himmler wasnt there he likely takes over and the war continues to the bitter end as per OTL-there is no way the Allies and/or Soviets would come to an accommodation with him in charge.

Himmler wasn’t there and I can’t recall if Guderian was there either. The Germans might pull back earlier to Germany proper on both fronts. In the past these threads have opined that a “stab in the back” myth may still permeate after the war.