Long term effects of the Franks failing on Germany

Of course as this is completely different from our history it might be difficult, but does anyone have any unique ideas on what could happen in Germany if the Franks fail to conquer Gaul? Let's say Clovis fails to unite the Franks or something of that nature (not my area of expertise lol). Any ideas?

Honestly, since I'm a Dutchman descended from Franks from Toxandria (that it south from the rivers Rhine and Meuse and their various sub-rivers (a Dutch hobby ;)). I never thought much about that question. They were our glorious ancestors, the most important Germanic tribe standing, after most fell, the imperial Franks.

If that doesn't happen, then I can say is that it might influence the process of smaller groups becoming a bigger tribe, that will be influenced. However that process was already ongoing by this point. The core Franks might still end up together, but more distant ones could end up as Alemanians, Bavarians or Thuringians...

Well, if Alaric II doesn't die in Vouille and in fact wins the battle, then there is a good chance that the period of instability that covered most of the time between 507 and the mid 530s would be averted, thus allowing the Visigothic kingdom a chance to consolidate itself further.

Another thing is that the policy of Anastasius in the West would have failed to a large extent: Theodoric's system of alliances would have continued to cover most of the area and grow more stable as time passed; for the moment, there would be no serious contender for the Visigoths in Gaul. The Burgundians would be finished, probably by the Franks who would seek another venue for expansion, or Theodoric could manage to bring them too in his fledging system of alliances (I don't think that either he or the Visigoths would have moved to annex their lands).

But the more important thing is that now Theodoric is actually free to prosecute the war with the Romans: he doesn't have to send the army under Ibba as he did IOTL to prop up the Visigoths and campaign in Gaul for quite some time. So he can exert more pressure and perhaps be able to hold Sirmium. The empire of course wouldn't like this; but if Theodoric's greater success managed to get the Vandals to at least show support for the Ostrogoths and mobilise their fleet, Anastasius would probably be forced to concede. If something like that happened, the consequences could be significant, for it could probably avert the whole restoration of the Empire idea