Should the President be able to be re-elected in consecutive terms?

• Yes

Votes: 24 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
QUITE the update this time around, look to me like Germany is gonna get it's warmongering reputation earlier and much more poignant than OTL.

Though how would Kaiser Wilhelm I and Chancellor Heinrich von Gagern carve up the Habsburg Empire if they defeated it?

"The defence of Texas, I tell you it is vital. Not only as it is our home, not only because it is the right of every man to defend what is his from those who would seize it by force, and not only to defend a free nation from tyranny.

"The defence of Texas is vital, for the sake of humanity. The light of liberty has travelled West these last centuries. The light flickered into being in England with the Magna Carta, when the ruled rose up to make demands of their ruler and established the beginnings of a tradition. It culiminated in the rise of parliament over,, king, and in time it has seen the elected rival and surpass the inherited.

"But in the end The united Kingdom has only gne so far and in the way of nations has declined within even as showing strength without.

"But the now bright torch of liberty was passed, it was carried across the sea. First by Englishmen seeking greater freedom and prosperity, and spreading to peoples from acrossEurope who followed after. Here far from the King and so mant stubborn pieces of the old tyranny lioberty bloomed. And when George III sought to pull the free subjectys back inyto line, Revolution came.

"The Repivlic long redcxed to little more tha city states riled by and for aristovrats or the dreams of salon patrons. The Repuvliv was reborn anew on these shopres where civilizatyion could be built anew far from the restrictions and tradition Britain could not escape.

"But America for all ys might and achievement could only go so far. Now we see iys weakness laid bare. The flaws and vices from is inceprtion now tear it asunder, and even if this is resolved and the nation geals the scars will long linger, and tyranny oft takes root even in the name of noble causes when a peple wage war aginst themselves.

"The lgiht of liberty, does not rest in Washington, old before its time. It resides in Texas. For in America while all of Europe could come and take part, it was ewquired they conform, that if not English in bloood english should be their thought and spirits.

"Here in Texas, we have truly sought liberty and equality for all. Not just for the Anglo immigrant or the Tejano native. But for the Native who accepts civilization. For the people of Europe and Asia who wish for freedom but to not forsake their culture and heritage, we have accepted and their presence enriches us strengthens us.

"Across the world revolution and the quest for equality is tainted by seeking to build free nations on ideas of race or religion. Rooted in a belief that one can only dominate or be dominated, that free peoples can only be free when divided by national borders.

"We have witnessed in our lifetimes peoples torn apart and continents bleed in the name of such things. And it unfolds once more in Europe as we sit gathered here today.

"Texas, fare young Texas, is a living breathing testimony against such. Texas is not just a place, nor is it a people defined by a language, a skin color, or a heritage.

"Texas stands united by the long held and only recently articulated hope of mankind. That we can live in peace and prosperity without conformity. That order need not come from domination. That people can and should rule themselves. That a nation of many peoples and many faiths is not an impure mongrel held only by strength, but that such a nation is the strength of all its pieces driven by the dreams and hopes of all its people.

"We defend Texas not to defend our homes, or even our families. We defend Texas to defend the dream that has been passed down and carries from England's forests of old, across the seas, across Americas, and now to the shoes of the Pacific. We defend the hope of freedom, of equality, of the God given brotherhood that surpasses all the divisions of human manufacture and bring a better tomorrow!"

Last edited:
"The defence of Texas, I tell you it is vital. Not only as it is our home, not only because it is the right of every man to defend what is his from those who would seize it by force, and not only to defend a free nation from tyranny.

"The defence of Texas is vital, for the sake of humanity. The light of liberty has travelled West these last centuries. The light flickered into being in England with the Magna Carta, when the ruled rose up to make demands of their ruler and established the beginnings of a tradition. It culiminated in the rise of parliament over,, king, and in time it has seen the elected rival and surpass the inherited.

"But in the end The united Kingdom has only gne so far and in the way of nations has declined within even as showing strength without.

"But the now bright torch of liberty was passed, it was carried across the sea. First by Englishmen seeking greater freedom and prosperity, and spreading to peoples from acrossEurope who followed after. Here far from the King and so mant stubborn pieces of the old tyranny lioberty bloomed. And when George III sought to pull the free subjectys back inyto line, Revolution came.

"The Repivlic long redcxed to little more tha city states riled by and for aristovrats or the dreams of salon patrons. The Repuvliv was reborn anew on these shopres where civilizatyion could be built anew far from the restrictions and tradition Britain could not escape.

"But America for all ys might and achievement could only go so far. Now we see iys weakness laid bare. The flaws and vices from is inceprtion now tear it asunder, and even if this is resolved and the nation geals the scars will long linger, and tyranny oft takes root even in the name of noble causes when a peple wage war aginst themselves.

"The lgiht of liberty, does not rest in Washington, old before its time. It resides in Texas. For in America while all of Europe could come and take part, it was ewquired they conform, that if not English in bloood english should be their thought and spirits.

Wow that was fast

Who are these quotes of?

Good update; interesting to see how Germany begins the path to become a world power...

I'm wondering what countries will be on the opposing sides of the Great War; IMO, Texas will be one of the world powers, along with the US, Germany, and, possibly, either Britain or Russia...

interesting, the partition of the Habsburg realm will be a major stumbling bloc. Will the agreement be kept, and what of Hungary and the other nations?
Let's just say for now that the partition of Austria is going to be a rather interesting affair and that while both Germany and Russia will both get a slice of Austrian pie, they won't be the only ones joining in on the fun.

QUITE the update this time around, look to me like Germany is gonna get it's warmongering reputation earlier and much more poignant than OTL.

Though how would Kaiser Wilhelm I and Chancellor Heinrich von Gagern carve up the Habsburg Empire if they defeated it?

I wouldn't say that Germany would be remembered as warmongers. They did the exact same thing as OTL and no one batted an eye until the Franco-Prussian War where Alsace-Lorraine was taken. Militaristic sure, but not warmongers with what I'm planning. You'll see what Gagern will have planned for soon, but the main priority here is the takeover of the German parts of Austria. He also isn't happy with what Bismarck did.

Good update; interesting to see how Germany begins the path to become a world power...

I'm wondering what countries will be on the opposing sides of the Great War; IMO, Texas will be one of the world powers, along with the US, Germany, and, possibly, either Britain or Russia...

The Great War will be an interesting one TTL as we are going to be nowhere close to the old alliances with multiple countries taking different sides this time and some emerging as winners and losers in opposite to OTL. Some rivalry's will carry over and new alliances and world powers will emerge unto the stage. All will be revealed around the 1880's-1890's. What I will say for now is that Germany will not be seen as solely responsible. Also China is going to be the only major power who wont participate.

Texas is going to be a regional power before the Great War. Afterwords they'll start to be considered a world power with their position being cemented with what I have planned in the 1940's. Texas will not become a superpower like OTL United States in 2017, but they'll retain a high position similar to Britain, UK, Germany, Japan, or India.

This would result in the latter Scandinavian Revolution, its effects having the biggest consequences for the world as its aftermath would be the cause for the beginning of the Great War decades later.
Well that is a heck of a hint no one seems to have bother to talk about yet. The question before us is exactly what type of revolution are we going to see, and why would it cause the Great War? I'm going to tentatively guess a united Scandinavia is in the future, but we'll see.

a future partition of the Austrian Empire

Let's just say for now that the partition of Austria is going to be a rather interesting affair and that while both Germany and Russia will both get a slice of Austrian pie, they won't be the only ones joining in on the fun.
"And why are we giving the Istrian Peninsula to them?! ... But surly it should be given to a European Power .... can't we at least find a government in exile that isn't a group of racist slavers? ... The United States and Texas will hate us for this you know .... eventually, screw it, you gentlemen are on your own."

I kid. Still the partition of Austria is going to be interesting. The big thing I'm interested in is will Germany swallow its desire to be as close to a german only state as possible and go for a port on the Adriatic. Time will tell.

Also China is going to be the only major power who wont participate.
I'll mark that down as important.
So wait, US will be a Superpower again?
Even without the south west we have the potential to be one. Doubly so if we snag more of Canada after the great war and integration goes well. Regardless Pax Americana (with the help of Texas) is coming!

Regardless Pax Americana (with the help of Texas) is coming!

Nope, no Pax Americana ITTL. For Texas has learned from the Americans stealing names Republican Party and Western Union. Therefore the "Pax Texicana TM" and all derivative terms are the exclusive intellectual property of the Government and People of the Republic of Texas; and all of its subsidiaries. So either pay for licensed usage, or cease and desist.

Fear the mighty Texan Lawyers, fear them!

Well that is a heck of a hint no one seems to have bother to talk about yet. The question before us is exactly what type of revolution are we going to see, and why would it cause the Great War? I'm going to tentatively guess a united Scandinavia is in the future, but we'll see.

"And why are we giving the Istrian Peninsula to them?! ... But surly it should be given to a European Power .... can't we at least find a government in exile that isn't a group of racist slavers? ... The United States and Texas will hate us for this you know .... eventually, screw it, you gentlemen are on your own."

I kid. Still the partition of Austria is going to be interesting. The big thing I'm interested in is will Germany swallow its desire to be as close to a german only state as possible and go for a port on the Adriatic. Time will tell.

I'll mark that down as important.

Even without the south west we have the potential to be one. Doubly so if we snag more of Canada after the great war and integration goes well. Regardless Pax Americana (with the help of Texas) is coming!

Yep, the big twist of Lone Star Republic is that TTL's WWl will not start in some tinderbox in the Balkans, but rather in Scandinavia! Over time whenever I read the Great War TL's I get bored every time of the same old cliche that something in the Balkans whether they be Archduke Ferdinand's assassination or something else being the start of it. Now TTL 1910 will be vastly different in geopolitics with Ferdinand having already been butterflied away. So that got me thinking of which region would be the least likely suspected to start WW1, which lead me to picking Scandinavia. I was also inspired by Karelia's current TL which features a Swedish-Norweigan War in 1905, though my story will be vastly different than his. All I will say for now is that the Revolution will happen in the 1870's and its effects of the start of the world war wont be for three more decades.

From your text there it sounds like Istria would be going to the CSA. While that would be an interesting scenario someone else will. No matter what Germany well go for Pan-Germania throughout Europe.

Yes the US will be a superpower. The thing is their areas of influence and measures of power will be far different than OTL and they might not be the only superpower in 2017 with what I have planned.

So do we stick around in Europe next update? Or back to the New World?

Speaking of which how has Brazil and the rest of the New World outside the focus been getting on? It has been long enough for the butterflies to reap their harvests to some extent I would expect.

So do we stick around in Europe next update? Or back to the New World?

Speaking of which how has Brazil and the rest of the New World outside the focus been getting on? It has been long enough for the butterflies to reap their harvests to some extent I would expect.

Next update will be the Civil War with Chapter 78 showing the first moves of the Mexican War by both Texas and the Yucatan. Chapter 79 I'll either make about South America or the happenings in East Asia. So far Brazil has been doing the same as OTL with the empire prospering under Don Pedro II who will soon be introducing liberal reforms. The biggest butterflies will apply to the Andes region and the La Plata region due to the continued existence of the Peru-Bolivian Confederation. Let me just say for now that Brazil will have a far larger role TTL as a great power than OTL. Also different politics will occur in Latin America with the next earliest biggest change being my plans for the Paraguayan War.

how about the grand Columbia region and Uruguay, well there be any butter fly effect there. also hows the Caribbean.

how about the grand Columbia region and Uruguay, well there be any butter fly effect there. also hows the Caribbean.

Gran Columbia will be more or less the same with major butterflies happening in the 1890's. Uruguay already has some major changes which O will go over in the South American update. Caribbean has major butterflies about to happen after the civil war. One important change is the loss of Bahamas and Belize for the British. Causing them to invest more heavily in Jamaica and their other possessions left in the Caribbean. Major events will happen in the Caribbean in the 1870's.

How will Texas view the rivalry between Germany and France especially since Texas has populations from both areas? Will Texas use the rivalry to gain better trade/investment opportunities?

How will Texas view the rivalry between Germany and France especially since Texas has populations from both areas? Will Texas use the rivalry to gain better trade/investment opportunities?

The rivalry between France and Germany will lead to a significant division in Texas foreign politics over which country to ally with. Right now the Western Union supports France while the Republicans support Germany. The Republicans don't hate France or want the alliance to end immediately, they just think that the Kaiser is the better solution. Foreign policy will switch between each administration until the Great War. One important thing to remember is that Alsace-Lorraine is not necessary to unify Germany with the empire already existing. So France will hate Britain more while Germany distrusts Russia.

Texas will not try to play both nations too much since Texas is not critical to either economy. Besides, they already have a backer in the form of America.