List of Alternate Monarchs and Aristocratic Lineage II

crap I forgot he existed, lets just say henry marries Marguerite d'Angouleme (He can since Francis isn't King in this scenario) and Eddy marries Lizzie Grey instead.
Suggestion: Alfonso, prince of asturias, younger brother of isabella I survives and marries his "niece" Juana la beltranjea to save castile a civil war, Isabella still marries ferdinand II but they still have no male heir so spain is united under Alfonso's line.

Suggestion: Alfonso, prince of asturias, younger brother of isabella I survives and marries his "niece" Juana la beltranjea to save castile a civil war, Isabella still marries ferdinand II but they still have no male heir so spain is united under Alfonso's line.
That's really mean to Isabel.

I thought Spain was really keen on sending Eleanor to Portugal because Portugal was a bigger ally and higher priority to Spain than England and definitely more than France, maybe Isabella of Austria, but not Eleanor.
Eleanor was offered in France twice IOTL (first by her father and then her brother) so idk where this is coming from

I think if Ferdy and Bella had no heirs, Joanna of Aragon (Ferdinand's sister) would become Queen of Aragon, followed by her daughter Giovanna of Naples.

I thought Spain was really keen on sending Eleanor to Portugal because Portugal was a bigger ally and higher priority to Spain than England and definitely more than France, maybe Isabella of Austria, but not Eleanor.
“Spain“ has NO WAY to get any say in Eleanor or Isabella‘s marriages BEFORE the death of Ferdinand II of Aragon in 1516. And is the same for direct influence over Charles V’s marriage.

Last edited:
It's better for Alfonso to only have daughters and his eldest marries Ferdi's heir.
I think if Ferdy and Bella had no heirs, Joanna of Aragon (Ferdinand's sister) would become Queen of Aragon, followed by her daughter Giovanna of Naples.
Why, exactly?

NO. If Ferdinand II had no legitimate son, the Ampurias/Segorbe would most likely get the crown of Aragon NOT his sister Joanna

It would still be the same House Name though, why do you think that?
Castile is more accepting of female succession.
It was easy for Ferdinand II of Aragon to get married to Isabella I of Castile because it was perceived as fair, and Aragon still had their own monarch, would they really rush to be bunched into Castile?
In what place are female-line daughters put in the succession before male-line daughters?

Far too late/early. Henry started to lose interest in the annulment after Louis XII died, and then Catherine became pregnant with Mary so the question was set aside for another decade
I think a surviving oldest daughter b. 1510 can guarantee an annulment for Catherine of Aragon in 1515 if her sons still don't survive.