Like in Olden Days: The Rise of Heathen Europe

Sorry for the random bump, but wasn't Widukind in possession of a black stallion until his baptism, when Charlemagne gave him a white stallion to ride as a symbolic gesture of his conversion? The white stallion on red field (the flag of Lower-Saxony) is a modern representation of this, being changed from the black stallion on yellow, supposedly Widukind's personal banner during his rebellion.

This is a detail I was very much unaware of. Well shoot!

DAMN YOU DEVIL IN THE DETAILS!!!

I've edited the update to reflect this new information.

Haha, I will update when I have the time to write an update. Unfortunately, my life has been consumed by work for the past month... when my head is finally above water again, rest assured there will be an update

ahhhh real life, it's a bastard. I eagerly await!

A very very very short update, sorry

The Sorb March
A.D. 782

“The lands are overrun by Saxons, and the battlefields made graveyards for good Christians. Amongst the dead,” the messenger gulped as he read, “are Chamberlaine Adalgisile, Constable Geilo, Count Palatine Worad, and Count Theodoric. May they find peace with Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Over five thousand Franks and Allemanni were killed by the Saxons and Danes. The countryside is in flames, and the folk ask aloud, where is their King?”

The room fell silent as the messenger rolled up the vellum, and bowed his head. Karlus could feel his fists curled into his palms so tight it hurt. Around him, his generals and clergy looked to him, their King, for some response.

“These pagan bastards have been a thorn in my side for far too long,” Karlus said at long last. “Tomorrow, we ride west. And may God have mercy on their souls, for I shall not.”

Excerpt from “The Civilized Man”
By Paulo Inghelleri, 1521

In all my travels, I have noticed many differences between the Christians and the Infidels and Barbarians of exotic lands. The Moor shall not drink wine, and the Turk will drink the milk of their horses. But no oddity is more stark and devious to me as that of “breaches” as they are worn by the North Men. Like the barbarians of old, the men of the North wrap cloth around their legs, tight, so as to impress both men and women with their shape. These breaches indeed are the cause of sin and devil’s work, even in our own frontiers where some wear them, thinking they are fashionable. They, in their deluded mind, think it acceptable to parade in such rude clothes only fit to be worn beneath a tunic, out of sight. And if you were to recount the great men of history, men like Jesus Christ, Julius Caesar, or even Alexander the Great, one can easily see that they did not wear such ludicrous dress.

Sorry for the massive bump, but any news on an update? I'd hate to see a timeline like this die.