Life Goes On: A Modern Dystopia

6:21 AM, November 3rd, 2004​

John Kerry, President of the United States. He liked the sound already. Still tired from all the celebration last night, Kerry now had to get to work. So much work to do and Edwards was still home celebrating, but that’s just the man he was. Kerry raised himself up from his bed. He felt different waking up today than he had ever felt before.​

12:18 AM, November 3rd, 2004​

John Edwards continued his celebration, he was at a bar owned by a close friend of his. He knew FOX was going to attack him for this, portray him as an uncontrollable party animal, but he really didn’t care. Elizabeth didn’t come with him, she couldn’t stand bars. As he shook the hands of many of the bars patrons, noticed a woman he had never seen in the bar before. This didn’t surprise him, he hadn’t been here for months due to the election, and he was sure some people we’re just showing up to she him. The woman approached him and shook his hand. “Hello, I’m Rielle Hunter.” She said.​

4:38 PM, June 14th, 2005​

John Kerry pounded his fist against his desk. He wasn’t normally an angry man, but today wasn’t a good day. He looked to his wife who stood across the Oval Office. “Damn it Teresa, I start to fix all the problems the republicans started, I save American lives, I put all my effort into fixing the nation, and it only takes Edwards a few months to make everyone hate me again.” His wife remained silent. Not a word was said for quite a few minutes. Edwards entered, his face covered in sweat. Kerry looked at him for a while without saying anything. He saw Edwards fighting back tears. “I hear you’re going to resign.” Kerry said, breaking the silence. Edwards nodded, tears now beginning to fall from his eyes. “I think that’s your best option, try to fix things up with your wife. Ask for forgiveness from the people. We don’t need any more damage to the party than what’s already been done.” They looked at each other again for the longest time. “John.” Kerry said as he got up from the desk, now with tears in his own eyes. “It’s been nice working with you.” He said as he shook the Vice President’s hand for the last time.​

? John Kerry winning the presidency in 2004 is total utter dystopia? I assume there will be more to this, though... I eagerly await the horror...:p

EDIT

Just read the last update... hmmm... I wonder...

? John Kerry winning the presidency in 2004 is total utter dystopia? I assume there will be more to this, though... I eagerly await the horror...:p

EDIT

Just read the last update... hmmm... I wonder...

I like to believe the road to total disaster begins with a seemingly innocent feeling.

5:20 PM June 21st, 2005

David Paterson stood in front of crowd bigger than he’d every thought he’d see in his life. One day obscure New York politician, next day Vice President of the United States. He knew in the back of his mind that his race had something to do with his selection, Kerry was losing the black vote to indifference. He looked to the crowd. “I know America is going through a tough time, It’s hard for us to trust politicians any more. I want to let us know, yes, I’ve had affairs like former Vice President Edwards. I’m not afraid to admit I’ve made mistakes. But those are in the past and my marriage has recovered. It’s going to be hard for America these next few months, but we will recover, and President Kerry will lead us to the better tomorrow he promised us. The crowd stood up and clapped. He had never heard a noise so pleasant in his life.​

Last edited:
Most people, including myself, aren't.

Patterson's speech would actually work if you expanded it though, IMO.

I can write Paterson's dialouge easier because I know how he speaks because he causes so much trouble around here he's on the news at least once a week. I'm going to be spending more time on dialouge and start using people I'm more comfortable writing dialouge for.

Paterson was NY Senate Minority Leader in '05. He wasn't Lt. Gov. yet.

Knew something felt off. Thanks. I changed the dates of the resignaiton to a little earlier than I planned and forgot to change his position.

Last edited:
4:33 PM October 31st, 2007.​

Gene Ray smoked a cigarette, he sat in his truck, examining his gun. He was waiting for the President to walk by. In his truck he left one last note, it read “Time is cubic, EVIL educators, teaching us stupid , denies. EVIL ONEism must die.” He turned and saw his target. He exited his car. “Mr. President!” he yelled remembering Hinckley. The president began to turn. Ray fired his gun, it entered the president’s side and he fell to the ground. He then turned the gun around, and put it into his mouth.

5:00 PM December 1st, 2007.

“Hello, this is Chris Hansen with FOX News.” Chris said as he did daily. “Today marks the one month anniversary of The Kerry assassination attempt, leading to his resignation. He continues to recover and says he has adapted to living in a wheelchair.” He then changed gears. “In today the book ‘Going Rogue’ published by Alaska governor Sarah Palin says that she is seeking the 2008 Republican nomination for president dispite the fact she has not even finished her first term as governor. She is running on a platform of ‘Change you can believe in’ and says she will fix these fiancial hard times. US Representive Jack Thompson has praised the book and has openly endorsed Palin’s ambitions.”

((Hopefully I'm going to find someone to help me with the dialouge.))

Last edited:
David Paterson stood in front of crowd bigger than he’d every thought he’d see in his life.​

:rolleyes:

On a more serious note, I find it difficult, if not impossible, to believe that Kerry would choose such an obscure person for Vice President. But I'm willing to suspend my disbelief in order to enjoy this timeline, which seems very interesting (in a horrifying fashion that can only be brought on by Presidents Paterson and Palin).

:rolleyes:

On a more serious note, I find it difficult, if not impossible, to believe that Kerry would choose such an obscure person for Vice President. But I'm willing to suspend my disbelief in order to enjoy this timeline, which seems very interesting (in a horrifying fashion that can only be brought on by Presidents Paterson and Palin).

I could see him trying to pick someone quiet and boring to avoid causing any controversy right after trouble with his popular, well known Vice President.

And When they timeline moves further on, you'll be wanting Paterson and Palin back.

And yes, I chuckled when writing that but left it in. Probably going to hell for that.