Lafayette's Choice: The Story of the Federal Kingdom of America

That may happen in the first chapter. A brief civil war between the fragmented colonies sounds feasible.

Sounds good. I've always considered the Conspiracy to be one of those moments that was just made for alternate history stories, so it's about time someone put it to use. Best of luck with it.

Yes. It's on hiatus for now, and the first chapter is still in the works. I just need help on how the battle of Yorktown will go; what I'm aiming for is for something to go terribly wrong during the conflict.

Washington reconnoitered the British defenses on September 28th. Perhaps he gets a little too close and a sharpshooter picks him off. Benjamin Lincoln could take over and conduct the siege, and you could proceed from there.

Okay, thank you.
I want moooaaarrr! I dont have enough monarchist USA. When i play Hoi4 as FKA, i always pick meritocracy+monarchist+youth camp option. Why, cause i imagine a monarchist America society were there is a healthy competition between aristocrat and non-aristocrat like in exam and searching for job.

And, depend on wether how well this goes, can i use it for westeros fic?

I want moooaaarrr! I dont have enough monarchist USA. When i play Hoi4 as FKA, i always pick meritocracy+monarchist+youth camp option. Why, cause i imagine a monarchist America society were there is a healthy competition between aristocrat and non-aristocrat like in exam and searching for job.

And, depend on wether how well this goes, can i use it for westeros fic?

Sure. :)

Not criticizing, but this might be the TL on this site with the most comments relative to chapters of the actual TL. Six pages of comments for one chapter.

Not criticizing, but this might be the TL on this site with the most comments relative to chapters of the actual TL. Six pages of comments for one chapter.

Chapter 1 is still in progress, as I have yet to work out the details of the Battle of Yorktown, plus I'm a little busy with other threads. I'll come back to it just as soon as the inspiration hits me.

There are timelines with way more discussion relative to content, but those are usually well-known ones that have been progressing for years and built up a following. I'll admit this much discussion for a story that's barely started is a little unusual.

There are timelines with way more discussion relative to content, but those are usually well-known ones that have been progressing for years and built up a following. I'll admit this much discussion for a story that's barely started is a little unusual.

I agree.

In all of our defense though Jenny's original planning thread means we all have a little more to work with for this story than we would for other timelines fresh out of the gate.