L’Aigle Triomphant: A Napoleonic Victory TL

There are map of Italy natural ressource, but most of the coal and iron and copper are in the north, there is bauxite, pyrite and sulphur in the south.
It's an old map of the 60's but it might be relevent for your story.
And even then, the really good stuff in the South seems to most be in Sardinia or Sicily, which Naples does not control. So it’ll definitely be a place that needs outside resources
Btw, does anyone have a world map of the world so far?
There’s some good ones that some enterprising readers made back in the 40s or so, I’d look for the Peace of Aix threadmarks. The Europe-specific map in particular is terrific

I could see the “Age of Clay” include him repudiating the “Washingtonian Precedent” and either running for a third consecutive term, or like mid-autocratic Putin having a hand-picked successor run in 1828 while Clay gets installed in the Senate, then Clay runs again in 1832 & 1836. Maybe tries that again even to run 1844 & 1848 (and probably achieve “President for Life” status by dying in office). Maybe it’s a stretch, but the USA was not immune to charismatic strongmen, even if we didn’t experience that like other Western Hemisphere countries. Plus, Clay OTL did run in 1824 & 32 & 44, very nearly winning that last time.

I could see the “Age of Clay” include him repudiating the “Washingtonian Precedent” and either running for a third consecutive term, or like mid-autocratic Putin having a hand-picked successor run in 1828 while Clay gets installed in the Senate, then Clay runs again in 1832 & 1836. Maybe tries that again even to run 1844 & 1848 (and probably achieve “President for Life” status by dying in office). Maybe it’s a stretch, but the USA was not immune to charismatic strongmen, even if we didn’t experience that like other Western Hemisphere countries. Plus, Clay OTL did run in 1824 & 32 & 44, very nearly winning that last time.
You’re reading my mind! Haha

As of now, my instinct is to have Clay adhere to the letter of the Washington Precedent but not it’s spirit by making his comeback in ‘32, and maybe again in ‘44 (less decided on that) and introducing more of an oligarchic, protectionist and developmentalist vibe to the US under his American System. Definitely a different vibe than Jacksonian Democracy and it’s small government populism, that’s for sure

I was slightly worried I’d quasi-spoil your story LOL. And it’s not necessarily bad for Clay to be in that long… look at FDR in the US and more recently Angela Merkel in Germany.

P.S. Even though my first comment was on US stuff, I wanna say that I’ve loved the Euro stuff. While I have a solid and broad understanding of 19th Century history everywhere (with a lot of help over the past 13 years from this very site), I’m not as able to comment on the minutiae of Napoleonic Europe. I look forward to see how this story plays out!

I was slightly worried I’d quasi-spoil your story LOL. And it’s not necessarily bad for Clay to be in that long… look at FDR in the US and more recently Angela Merkel in Germany.

P.S. Even though my first comment was on US stuff, I wanna say that I’ve loved the Euro stuff. While I have a solid and broad understanding of 19th Century history everywhere (with a lot of help over the past 13 years from this very site), I’m not as able to comment on the minutiae of Napoleonic Europe. I look forward to see how this story plays out!
Haha no worries! The US isn’t too much of a focus of this TL since my other two are so US-centric. A Napoleonic Europe long term is a very, VERY different place so hopefully I’m able to do it a bit of Justice

Haha no worries! The US isn’t too much of a focus of this TL since my other two are so US-centric. A Napoleonic Europe long term is a very, VERY different place so hopefully I’m able to do it a bit of Justice
You definitely Will man! The Napoleónic Dynasty has reshaped the world and it's here to stay!

I always assumed that whatever happen Napoleon I would be the last leader of France to held that much power and that his successors would progressively end up becoming constitutional emperor if they don't get deposed.

Would be cool if Spain eventually manages to get its act together, remain a great power thanks to Latin America (which would have to become a bunch of Dominion-like internally autonomous provinces, sharing a customs, monetary, diplomatical and military Union with Spain as first among equals), and manage to industrialize and stabilize itself.

Would be cool if Spain eventually manages to get its act together, remain a great power thanks to Latin America (which would have to become a bunch of Dominion-like internally autonomous provinces, sharing a customs, monetary, diplomatical and military Union with Spain as first among equals), and manage to industrialize and stabilize itself.
More or less what I have in mind. It’s hard to pull off considering Spain’s long-standing attitudes towards its colonies but some kind of loose personal Union with the Viceroyalties enjoying a fair bit of autonomous power is the endgame

More or less what I have in mind. It’s hard to pull off considering Spain’s long-standing attitudes towards its colonies but some kind of loose personal Union with the Viceroyalties enjoying a fair bit of autonomous power is the endgame
This Spain will have a lot of competition in Latin America with Brazil

And also the USA which are sated for now but eventually will want to expand their territory more, as well as remove Spanish presence (better having a bunch of small states with open markets as neighbors, to a big power with a restricted market).

Which might force constructive change for Spain

Mmhmm.
And also the USA which are sated for now but eventually will want to expand their territory more, as well as remove Spanish presence (better having a bunch of small states with open markets as neighbors, to a big power with a restricted market).

Which might force constructive change for Spain
Indeed. In that sense this TL is something of a soft US screw without all that sweet, sweet Spanish territory to go Manifesting their Destiny into, though a larger Russian America or even Canada might seem ripe eventually

Historians: How Carlos?! How did you manage to ensure the continous prosperity and existence of the Spanish empire, while being... well you!

Carlos V.: Through the power of faith!

The competent beaurocrats and aristocrats who managed to influence Carlos to be somewhat competent: Whatever his grace says....