Kronstadt Rebellion

I read that the Soviet response to the Kronstadt rebellion was rather rushed because if they had not crossed the bay before the ice melted, then the island would have been impregnable by the Soviet's land army.

What would be the effects of a delayed Soviet assault during which the ice did melt leaving the rebels isolated with two battleships on their side?

I don't know much about Kronshtadt Rebellion beyond Wikipedia skim that I did few years ago, but question is whether rebels are supported by outside force at all?

Because alone they stand snowball's chance in hell against Soviet Army in the long term.

I read that the Soviet response to the Kronstadt rebellion was rather rushed because if they had not crossed the bay before the ice melted, then the island would have been impregnable by the Soviet's land army.

What would be the effects of a delayed Soviet assault during which the ice did melt leaving the rebels isolated with two battleships on their side?

No..it was rushed period. Full stop. Once the NEP was approved and more autonomy granted to the peasantry, the up-until-then reluctant Red Army troops rallied to the defense of the soviet gov't.