King Edward IV lives another 15 years

Sorry to hijack this discussion but in my TL where it amounts to unlikely that Richard of Gloucester likewise hijacks the throne, is it possible that with a failed French engagement Elizabeth would marry Maximilian? Or is there another king she could wed - I already plan to have Cecily marry the king of Scots, and I considered Mary of York's failed engagement to Hans of Denmark for Elizabeth? Although I likewise considered the king of Naples.

But as to Edward being too fat, Henry VIII was huge by the time of the invasion of France in the 1540s. Or Ned could just direct the war from behind a desk - he won't like it, but hey, at least Jane Shore can keep him company:D

Another thought - if Edward does prove willing to go to war with France but is in no physical state to go himself and has to stay behind his desk, is it possible that he'd send Gloucester to handle them? Richard had no liking for the French and had disliked what had happened during the last York invasion of France. He might be keen to take another crack at them. What's more, Gloucester was a proven military leader thanks to his work against the Scots. He'd be the perfect person to send if Edward can't go himself.

Another thought - if Edward does prove willing to go to war with France but is in no physical state to go himself and has to stay behind his desk, is it possible that he'd send Gloucester to handle them?
Not just "possible", in my opinion, but "probable".

If Edward IV had lived, he would have made trips to personally negotiate the marriages of Cecily of York and Catherine of York.
He goes to Scotland. He signs a marriage contract. Cecily shall wed James of Scotland.
Edward goes to Spain. He signs a marriage contract. Catherine shall wed Juan of the Asturias.

If Edward IV had lived, he would have made trips to personally negotiate the marriages of Cecily of York and Catherine of York.
He goes to Scotland. He signs a marriage contract. Cecily shall wed James of Scotland.
Edward goes to Spain. He signs a marriage contract. Catherine shall wed Juan of the Asturias.

I think Edward IV will get his way with a marriage to Cecily and James of Scotland.

I'm not so sure whether Catherine ends up married to Juan of Asturias though. Edward IV was pretty cheap (when it came to provisions for his daughters marriages) and Ferdinand was a difficult man to work with. I have a suspicious that the Catholic Monarchs will discard the alliance in favour of having Juan betrothed to Margaret of Austrias. But that's not necessarily a given since they could have gotten their alliance with Burgundy/HRE through the existing betrothal of Philip of Burgundy and their daughter Juana. I give the marriage of Catherine and Juan going through about a 50% chance.

True, but the marriage of Cecily and Juan of Asturias did, in history, only fail due to Edward's death. The marriage would have happened if he'd lived - or, most likely, anyway.