The duke is dead. Long live the king.
“King Edward. Your youngest brother, Jacob of Somerset is dead.”
Edward clutched a pillow and sobbed into the soft velvet. He wailed pityfully.
“Lizbeth Jacobs dead”
Lizzie stayed in her room all day. Eddie toddled in and was given strict orders to stay out!

Meanwhile, May and Harold were eating and didn’t know anything about their little brothers death.
When Katherine heard it, she sobbed and was reported to say, “I shall kill myself! If I do not die of greif first.”
Katherine was determined to make a good life for her children.
“We are moving to Eltham, All of us! In the Morning!”
“ But I don’t like Eltham and neither does Lucy or Mary” said May pointing to her dolls on the floor.
May had to be bribed with the promise she could stop at the market and get a new doll, and some silk to make a dress for her.

Christmas 1542
St Stephen’s Day 1542
May was screaming as she went to Eltham with excitement. Her new doll had shiny black hair, blue eyes, and rosy cheeks. She also got rose pink velvet and gold embroidery thread.
Harold and Margaret Bryan hated each other, so much that Katherine thought she might have to break tradition and send Mrs Bryan to May.
When the young woman and toddler met, May was sewing. It wasn’t very good but it was okayish. “Hello May!” Said Margret.
May screamed at the stranger, so hard the French ambassordor said it could crack ice. She then started throwing needles and the embroidery hoop at her head.
“How you know my name stranger! You going to kill me!”
May was sent to her rooms in disgrace.

Okay, it is a good start, but the formatting is a little all over the place. Do you happen have Grammarly, it can help your editing? Also I don't think a royal English family would use Jacob as a name. Thomas is more likely or Charles.
No Charles. They aren’t Stuarts. The choices would be John, Henry,Edward(already used ), Thomas, Arthur.

No Charles. They aren’t Stuarts. The choices would be John, Henry,Edward(already used ), Thomas, Arthur.
James or Jacob would not be used, but I can see Henry VIII using Charles for a son (named for either Emperor Charles V or Charles Brandon), specially if the mother is Katherine Howard, who had a brother with that name…

Mary was very bored. She was sitting with her Protestant ex stepmother/aunt and the dowager Queen, neither of whom she liked very much. Suddenly a tiny toddling boy tottered in.

Katherine Howard was almost certainly not Protestant. Oddly, the Howards were and are the most prominent Catholic family in England. Traditionally, the Duke of Norfolk (the head of the Howard) family has been seen as the leader of English Catholics. The Protestants became ascendent when Henry married Catherine Parr (which of course does not happen in this timeline). In some ways getting the King to marry Katherine Howard was a way for the Catholic faction to reassert primacy after the disaster of Anne of Cleves.

James or Jacob would not be used, but I can see Henry VIII using Charles for a son (named for either Emperor Charles V or Charles Brandon), specially if the mother is Katherine Howard, who had a brother with that name…
How I named them
Henry- after his father and dead elder brother
May- it gave kitty Howard vibes and the kids are mayday babies
Harold- after the arrow in the eye man and simalar to henry
Jacob- me desperately scanning the bible.
“ haven’t named anyone Jacob yet have I?” I copy and pasted it in again and again because I kept writing jacooob

Katherine Howard was almost certainly not Protestant. Oddly, the Howards were and are the most prominent Catholic family in England. Traditionally, the Duke of Norfolk (the head of the Howard) family has been seen as the leader of English Catholics. The Protestants became ascendent when Henry married Catherine Parr (which of course does not happen in this timeline). In some ways getting the King to marry Katherine Howard was a way for the Catholic faction to reassert primacy after the disaster of Anne of Cleves.
I meant Anna of cleves. Katherine Howard was the dowager queen and Anne was the ex stepmother/ aunt seeing as Henry viii made her his sister after the divorce

How I named them
Henry- after his father and dead elder brother
May- it gave kitty Howard vibes and the kids are mayday babies
Harold- after the arrow in the eye man and simalar to henry
Jacob- me desperately scanning the bible.
“ haven’t named anyone Jacob yet have I?” I copy and pasted it in again and again because I kept writing jacooob
Harold is way too unsual and far too similar to Henry for being used… Jacob is out of question. Edmund and Charles (after Katherine’s father and brother, plus names who Henry VIII could have chosen for familiar reasons) would be my pick for the younger boys with Thomas and John as less likely alternatives…

Harold is way too unsual and far too similar to Henry for being used… Jacob is out of question. Edmund and Charles (after Katherine’s father and brother, plus names who Henry VIII could have chosen for familiar reasons) would be my pick for the younger boys with Thomas and John as less likely alternative
Don’t worry. There’s more babies to come

Thomas
“Katherine Howard,”
“Yes my dear sir culpeper?”
“It would be my pleasure to have your hand on marriage.”
“It would certainly be mutuel!”

So that was how, on the 20th of July 1543, the dowager queen and Thomas culpeper were wed.
Katherine was wearing a light pink silk with gold and silver thread, and her little daughter and Jane Rochford carried her train.
Harold was only interested in the flowers his sister carried and Henry was more interested in the buffet.

August

It became clear that Katherine was pregnant. She was annoyed she had to pray to the holy virgin every DAY but she was also looking forward to mothering a free child, not the kings and belonging to the dowager queen and the dowager queen ALONE!
September

The baby became ever bigger and bigger, and people doubted there was only one baby.

A grand gathering of the nations
September 1543
Edward was getting ready for one of the biggest parties of the century, the grand ball of the nations. Every nations monarch and their family were invited and had a ball where they discussed alliances, wars, and marriages while dancing and feasting.
May was going to wear a violet and gold dress, matching with Harold and Henry who wore a doublet and tights annd tunic instead. Edward would be wearing white and gold, as glittering as the sun.

“Only one glass of wine Edward.” Said Eustace Chapuys.
Edward continued to slurp the wine from the glass until he passed out.
“Get him to bed.” Said Francois quietly and firmly.
Edward was layed into bed. Little did they know, he would not wake up z

December 1543
The baby was wearing gold and white garments, and Harold wore purple and gold. It was the joint coronation as king and prince of wales.
People threw roses, and Henry, ever trained in social etiquette, picked it up and blew a kiss at the young girl who threw it.
Harold held hands with his little sister, who wore dark green and silver.
Snow was littering the ground now and so, May sprinted off to play in it.
Her nurses found her almost blue with the cold, in an igloo she made with a little girl called rose.
“If I decided for that girl to wear her blue silk, she would be in her deathbed now.” Whispered the nurse dramatically.
May needed a few days to recover, but soon became her normal self.
As the French Ambassador described, the young king “Ate lots, partied lots and made merry almost every day.”
The new henrican age was off to a hopeful start.

The plot
“A betrothal offer has come through.”
Henry grinned. King Henry of Scotland and England had a nice ring to it.
Henry was sending letters in Latin to Mary, Queen of Scot’s every week, and her governess replied for her.

May was sick of not being king Henry’s best girl anymore. Something had it be done to recapture her big brothers attention. Harold felt a simalar way and they decided to form a plot. Mary’s replies would be sabotaged with a silly message added on or an indecent word.
May and Harold were waiting intently by the castle door for a messenger.
“Give my letter.” Said Harold sternly. The messenger handed it to them. May scribbled all over Mary’s writing and then decided that she was going to write about a poo head and that Henry’s groom of stool was a Scottish spy. But Harold and May wept with dismay as they saw the cross hatching below her signature.

Last edited:
Harold is way too unsual and far too similar to Henry for being used… Jacob is out of question. Edmund and Charles (after Katherine’s father and brother, plus names who Henry VIII could have chosen for familiar reasons) would be my pick for the younger boys with Thomas and John as less likely alternatives…
Please I already killed Jacob I can’t kill Harold he’s one of the best characters

May
ok. I’m out of ideas on mays husband. But I don’t want to kill her. Do you have any ideas?

Mays husband was almost impossible to pick. Nobody wanted him the whores daughter, who was just like her mother, in looks.
They were alright, even almost going to war over Henry and Harold, but not May

Last edited:
Christmas 1543
Finally, a betrothal offer came for May. A lady of England, if she wed the 9 years older Robert Dudley.
“Pah pah paaaaaaaa. May wants queen I think!”
“Henry I do want to be queen.”
“Raaarrgghhh” Henry roared at the Duke of Northumberland. He was shocked.
Soon, the court gossip was that the king was actually a drunken peasant , something he addressed with great pride.
“Haha I drunk old Will and I drink lots of cider yum yum yum.”
It seemed like he was proud and hoped that they thought he was one.
May was sitting on the left hand side of her brother, at a perfect spot to glare at her fiancé. She tried to roll her eyes, making Robert snigger. “What be so funny Robert?” She said coldly, which made him laugh even more.
Harold had just been betrothed to Jane grey, but he was infatuated with his bride.
And Mary of Scotland got to see her husband for the first time.
“Methinks he has red hair, and he will be short.”
He was actually average height, still shorter than Mary though, so she was happy enough.
May and Mary had made firm friends, as soon as they met.
“Hello!” Smiled mary.
May decided that this girl would be acceptable as her sister soon enough.
They wandered around, arm in arm around the garden.
“I do not want to marry the man who is very old and boring.”
“I want to marry Henry because he seems very funny and nice.”
At new years gift exchange, Henry gave Mary a book of Latin prayers translated to English. He gave may another doll, and gave Harold a set of playing cards and a book of poetry. May gave Mary a toy horse, and also gave two more to her brothers. Harold waited till the last minute and gave everyone hankies and gloves.
Katherine gave May the consort emerald and rubies, and gave her sons some new real horses.