Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Deleted member 107125

In more news from KR, the worst possible idea ever that isn't Pelley:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Kaiserreich/comments/divi3f/a_small_teaser_from_eastern_europe_the_polish/

August Wilhelm
, a hardcore German ultranationalist and Nazi fan, who thinks that Poles are an "inferior" race that should be exterminated according to current German lore...

is King of Poland.

Brilliant. /s

Not even Kaiser Bill can stand this guy!

well, I doubt that he could get away with doing anything that bad with Old Man Willy so close...

still sucks

Even his own father thinks he's a worthless waste of oxygen.

Amazing.

Besides the recent lore released about Germany’s political parties, I wouldn’t trust the current lore for Germany because it’s likely to be heavily rewritten. August Wilhelm is likely different due to a German victory and the lack of Nazi’s. However I’m a bit befuddled and annoyed over why the Kaiser’s son of all people is King of Poland. Historically the royal houses of Saxony, Bavaria, Württemberg and Austria were all fighting over the Polish crown. All of them have a better claim to the throne than August Wilhelm and honestly seems like a decision made to cause chaos in Poland. Also he was the least favourite son, as you said, and a complete non-entity compared to his brothers who made a name for themselves in the military. So why did the Reichstag pick him of all people?

Besides the recent lore released about Germany’s political parties, I wouldn’t trust the current lore for Germany because it’s likely to be heavily rewritten. August Wilhelm is likely different due to a German victory and the lack of Nazi’s. However I’m a bit befuddled and annoyed over why the Kaiser’s son of all people is King of Poland. Historically the royal houses of Saxony, Bavaria, Württemberg and Austria were all fighting over the Polish crown. All of them have a better claim to the throne than August Wilhelm and honestly seems like a decision made to cause chaos in Poland. Also he was the least favourite son, as you said, and a complete non-entity compared to his brothers who made a name for themselves in the military. So why did the Reichstag pick him of all people?
Yeah, I think he'd still be pretty far-right due to his age when WW1 broke out, but that's just me.

I'm trying to imagine how apocalyptically angry Kaiser Wilhelm would get if August Wilhelm called for a "crusade" against "reds, Jews, and the inferior races" as he did in the current Germany lore, while King of Poland, and the diplomatic chaos that would ensue...I have no words.

I really think they should put someone other than a Hohenzollern in charge just because Wilhelm II would probably be dead from a stroke by '36 if August Wilhelm was King of Poland.

Yeah, I think he'd still be pretty far-right due to his age when WW1 broke out, but that's just me.

Probably, but closer to Hugenberg DNVP far right than Nazi far right.

I really think they should put someone other than a Hohenzollern in charge just because Wilhelm II would probably be dead from a stroke by '36 if August Wilhelm was King of Poland.

I just think it's a really boring choice, not to mention totally out of left field. Archduke Karl Albrecht seems far more interesting as King of Poland, considering his commitment to Poland OTL I'd assume he'd be a rather popular monarch.

Kind of sad that this means they're removing the fact you could choose who the Polish crown went to in Poland at the start of the game... Then again, it arguably made little sense for Poland to stay 15 years without a King and under a regency council.

Plus, I could see them adapting that idea with August IV having a lot of issues ruling Poland and possibly losing the crown.

Well I assume that the choice of picking someone who is considered to be such a waste of oxygen and everyone's time is to justify how you can have all these various radical and probably anti-German movements while being right next to Germany.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Kaiserreich/comments/divi3f/a_small_teaser_from_eastern_europe_the_polish/

August Wilhelm
, a hardcore German ultranationalist and Nazi fan, who thinks that Poles are an "inferior" race that should be exterminated according to current German lore...

is King of Poland.

Brilliant. /s

I think they will go in the direction, that there will be in any case a blow up in Eastern Europe and Germany just can limit it, but not prevent it.

August Wilhelm

is King of Poland.

Brilliant. /s

AuWi is not far-right in Kaiserreich, you're thinking of legacy lore.

Though I was the person in the EE Rework team who argued that we should suspend our disbelief and have him be Nazi regardless, because that would make for a more interesting scenario.

Unrelated: fun fact, did you know that legacy content used to allow you to form a Sicilian mafia state?