Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Is it though? Even IOTL Mosley was kind of an isolationist and supported a United Ireland. I think it'd be more interesting if Mosley goes full Oceania and outright ditches the 3rd Internationale to form his isolationist dictatorship
He still does have to protect himself from Ententne invasion so he may invade Ireleand to consolidate himself and give him more strategic depth

What is everyday life like in the Union of Britain?
Political liberties depend on if Mosley takes over or not. If he does, it's an increasingly totalitarian regime. Think It Can't Happen Here mixed with 1984 in working-class Britain. The Federationists, Congregationalists, and Autonomists OTOH will be varying types of leftist democracy with robust-for-the-'30s civil liberties; all will have regular council meetings and votes to take stock of the people's opinions, though, and the central government will use a relatively light hand.

Economically, it's going to be kinda tough due to Entente and Reichspakt embargoes and pre-2ACW American unwillingness to trade with Reds. Food will be simple and monotonous, and there will be some degree of rationing. Industry will be run by council democracy, and jobs will be plentiful if not always well-paying (not that there's much to spend on). State-run free public education, not unlike the OTL USA's, will be implemented, and there will be a mass literacy campaign implemented that will all but certainly involve free public libraries being set up. The economy is likely to be somewhat stagnant outside of state-supported fields like education.

Women's rights are enshrined in the Union supreme law, and de jure the sexes are equal, though challenges persist in integrating women fully into the workforce and political sphere, as well as addressing their issues. LGBT rights are rudimentary (it's '30s Britain) but the presence of several homosexual and bisexual women high up in the revolutionary government ensures a degree of protection and a tacitly accepting law enforcement environment for the moment.

The Union is staunchly anti-nationalist, but is challenged by regionalist sentiment and a burgeoning English nationalist chauvinist movement that supports Oswald Mosley. A degree of regional autonomy has been implemented but disputes are still present.

What is everyday life like in the Union of Britain?

In a developer Q and A, the devs basically compared it to Britain during WW2. Rationing is in effect with a sort of dig for victory campaign going on. Supplies of anything that can’t be found in Britain or the Internationale in great number is low across the board, resulting in a change of fashion to encapsulate a far more simple and casual look to compensate. Press censorship is in effect, quieting dissenting voices against the regime and vilifying the capitalists, though it isn’t at totalitarian levels. Monarchist nostalgia is also a thing apparently, with groups getting together to reminisce about the ‘good old days’ but largely don’t seek to change the current status quo. This is all pre-1936.

Deleted member 82792

In a developer Q and A, the devs basically compared it to Britain during WW2. Rationing is in effect with a sort of dig for victory campaign going on. Supplies of anything that can’t be found in Britain or the Internationale in great number is low across the board, resulting in a change of fashion to encapsulate a far more simple and casual look to compensate. Press censorship is in effect, quieting dissenting voices against the regime and vilifying the capitalists, though it isn’t at totalitarian levels. Monarchist nostalgia is also a thing apparently, with groups getting together to reminisce about the ‘good old days’ but largely don’t seek to change the current status quo. This is all pre-1936.
But wouldn't the Commune of France trade with them?

Supplies of anything that can’t be found in Britain or the Internationale in great number is low across the board, resulting in a change of fashion to encapsulate a far more simple and casual look to compensate.
We hope the Brits enjoy Assamese tea, for that is the only tea they are getting ATM.

But wouldn't the Commune of France trade with them?

Trade with the Internationale can’t make up the difference in the crushing loss of world trade, and keep in mind that France and Italy need to look after themselves as well. They are basically sharing around a thin amount of resources to get by between them.

Trade with the Internationale can’t make up the difference in the crushing loss of world trade, and keep in mind that France and Italy need to look after themselves as well. They are basically sharing around a thin amount of resources to get by between them.
Bit odd to think everyone embargoes them, Soviet Russia IOTL was a much bigger threat, yet the US was perfectly fine trading with them. I think that Germany and Canada embargoes them, so no trade from the Reichkspact or the Entente, but I'm guessing pragmatic trade agreements with other nations are in effect.

Bit odd to think everyone embargoes them, Soviet Russia IOTL was a much bigger threat, yet the US was perfectly fine trading with them. I think that Germany and Canada embargoes them, so no trade from the Reichkspact or the Entente, but I'm guessing pragmatic trade agreements with other nations are in effect.
Trade agreements with Japan, anyone?

He still does have to protect himself from Ententne invasion so he may invade Ireleand to consolidate himself and give him more strategic depth

He doesn't, really. The entente staging a cross Atlantic invasion with the few rust buckets they saved since the revolution is never going to succeed unless Germany has already done all the work.

The Internationale have governments in exile which claim to be the legitimate governments in National France, Canada and the Italian Republic, Sardina and the Kingdom of Two Sicilies. The Entente still has enough power to pressure or pay off other nations to recognise their claims. It’s like the Republic of China vs the People’s Republic of China, where Taiwan was the legitimate government of China until the 1970’s, seat on the security council and all.

The Internationale have governments in exile which claim to be the legitimate governments in National France, Canada and the Italian Republic, Sardina and the Kingdom of Two Sicilies. The Entente still has enough power to pressure or pay off other nations to recognise their claims. It’s like the Republic of China vs the People’s Republic of China, where Taiwan was the legitimate government of China until the 1970’s, seat on the security council and all.
Talking to the devs on the KR Discord and their comments in the KR reddit reveals the Germans have a "two Frances" policy, so there's that.

A two France's policy? I wonder what was the idea of partitioning France and reviving states that died out half to three-quarters of a millenia ago?

Yeah that makes no sense. It would just drive French nationalist irredentism into a fury.

The only way I can see that happening is if there's another power who want their own half. And I mean a power, not Nat France. Maybe an US that joins the entente?

Yeah that makes no sense. It would just drive French nationalist irredentism into a fury.

To be fair, so would a Two-Frances policy, but at least that makes sense from a German perspective where after having to fight France three times within (at the most) 80 years, you're finally 110% done with France's s**t and you just want it to end once and for all.

I kind of wonder if the Internationale seemingly not trading a lot with other countries has more to do with ideology than any sort of embargo.

If unions really are in control and they're pushing very worker friendly policies, it's likely that their goods/services are significantly more expensive than places that don't have such worker friendly policies. That would make it difficult to export large amounts of goods/services, and imports would likely have to be controlled as well lest cheaper foreign goods undercut the domestic market.

That's kind of always been my headcanon for why the Syndies aren't affected by Black Monday, they're already as close to an autarky as they can physically manage and so protectionist they'd make a Junker blush.

It also puts another spin on why they're so desperate for world revolution, they quite literally cannot afford to have any major country not doing things the same way they do.

No wonder France attacks Germany even if you give them Alsace-Lorraine back.