Junagadh, Pakistan

Junagadh was a princely state in Gujarat whose Muslim prince acceded to Pakistan but the Hindu population overthrew him and acceded to India. What if the Hindu population did not rise up and Junagadh became a part of Pakistan? Would Hindus flee? Would India annex it if they win in a war against Pakistan?

Junagadh had no border with Pakistan. Hence it would have received the same treatment as Hyderabad. It would have been annexed by a "police" action similar to the one in Hyderabad. Junagadh was much smaller and weaker than Hyderabad.

Junagadh had no border with Pakistan. Hence it would have received the same treatment as Hyderabad. It would have been annexed by a "police" action similar to the one in Hyderabad. Junagadh was much smaller and weaker than Hyderabad.

Huh, always thought Junagadh was a coastal princely state.

I am not sure, but I think it had a small coastline, but had land border with India alone. The Pakistan navy was not much of a force and I think it was still commanded by the British officers. The British officers, who headed both Indian and Pakistani forces at that time consulted each other and also Lord Mountbatten. That's why I think Pakistan used Pathan mercenaries for attacking Kashmir.

longsword14

Banned
@Quaid-e-Azam
All princely states had awful armed forces. Te best Pakistan was going to get would be parts of J&K that were overwhelmingly Muslim. Nobody seriously expected either Hyderabad or other states with a Muslim ruler to go on their own way, Jinnah might have wanted to use these issues as chips for negotiating Kashmir, which was just the opposite, having a Hindu at the top.