Isaac's Empire 2.0

Huehuecoyotl

Monthly Donor
BG, you sneaky person! I guess I should have known better than to think you'd stick with the same story as last time... :D

I really hope that it's some group which would've been as obscure as the Mongols that might've plausibly been able to unite and achieve something similar with a charismatic leader...perhaps Yeniseians? Or some other group very obscure IOTL.

BG, you sneaky person! I guess I should have known better than to think you'd stick with the same story as last time... :D

It definitely isn't the Mongols, maybe the Khitans?

Turks or the Delhi Sultanate?

I really hope that it's some group which would've been as obscure as the Mongols that might've plausibly been able to unite and achieve something similar with a charismatic leader...perhaps Yeniseians? Or some other group very obscure IOTL.

I'm delighted to keep you all guessing! :D

As it is, though, you're all wrong...

Any comments on the actual update itself?

Since you asked a few days ago, BG, I think the plural of 'Napliotis' is 'Nafpliotes'.

Thanks. I also heard "Nafpliotai" and "Nafpliotidai": I ended up going for the latter, but cheers anyway! :)

So where's the border at now? I'd guess it's somewhere around the OTL Syrian-Lebanese/Israeli border, only with Acre in Roman hands and the area around al-Suwayda in Tuğtekin's.

So where's the border at now? I'd guess it's somewhere around the OTL Syrian-Lebanese/Israeli border, only with Acre in Roman hands and the area around al-Suwayda in Tuğtekin's.

That's more or less correct, yes. The fact that there aren't any great commanders (only decent ones) in the field on either side has seen both Romans and Salghurids going for acceptable borders, rather than those that they'd really like. I'm trying to do a map, but it's not going well: anything you can do to help? ;)

Great update looking forward to the next one.

Thanks, it's in progress!

I'm wondering who is going to be George I's heir now... In 1.0, I believe he had been succeeded by his son George II but here he only has one daughter and given who her grandmother is, there will be issues. That said, I belive she could be a key player in the succession.

Anyway, great update BG. And I can't wait to see the Romans facing that Eastern threat, whatever it is :p

Hmm, is it Uighurs, Afghans or some Altaic tribe that bordered the Mongols IOTL?

Can you at least tell us if it is one of the peoples from the map below?

PremongolEurasia.png

I'm wondering who is going to be George I's heir now... In 1.0, I believe he had been succeeded by his son George II but here he only has one daughter and given who her grandmother is, there will be issues. That said, I belive she could be a key player in the succession.

Anyway, great update BG. And I can't wait to see the Romans facing that Eastern threat, whatever it is :p

Actually, in 1.0, there was not a George II until the fourteenth century. Theodora will be an important figure in the future though, without doubt.

Thanks!

Hmm, is it Uighurs, Afghans or some Altaic tribe that bordered the Mongols IOTL?

Can you at least tell us if it is one of the peoples from the map below?

Yep, they're on that map!

Here's maybe a little incentive for folks. Whoever guesses first who the Eastern invaders will be can create a character of their choosing who'll appear at some point in the next couple of updates. :D