Is this map plausible?

scholar

Banned
It is probably a bit ASB barring about a dozen radically defining PODs in short order, but here it is. I'm wondering about its plausibility as it comes from, or rather is based on, the Genghisid Imperial Family. After a few initial statements, probably saying its the most ASB thing they've ever seen in this section, I'll explain just what the hell happened and I'll ask if there is any interest surrounding a timeline based on it.

Here's the map:

The Genghisid Imperial Family map.png

What does the light green represent?

My guess is "other", no major power present. The first thing that jumps out at me as not being realistic is that Japanese control of Sakhalin island doesn't really occur until the 19th Century, and it is clear that this is pre- colonization.

The ASBness of it is because it totally ignores geographical boundaries. Look at a topographic map of Europe or Asia, for example, and you will see how unrealistic the borders are.

If the borders were changed, though, then it wouldn't be too implausible.

States that are not colored in.

Well, that's...certainly less than helpful in determining whether this map is plausible. :D

I find the notion that the French (?) colonized just up the Saint Lawrence seaway and nowhere on the coast of North America to be implausible. One would at least expect a settlement at the mouth of the seaway, or on the Hudson.

scholar

Banned
My guess is "other", no major power present. The first thing that jumps out at me as not being realistic is that Japanese control of Sakhalin island doesn't really occur until the 19th Century, and it is clear that this is pre- colonization.
I didn't give the date yet, if you take a look the colonial era started a bit already. Venice, for instance, has established a presence inside of sub Saharan Africa. However there has been no real colonization and the Spain-France war effectively cut off any real exploration. Since Spain has all of Iberia apart from Granada there aren't many powers in a position to search the Atlantic.

scholar

Banned
The ASBness of it is because it totally ignores geographical boundaries. Look at a topographic map of Europe or Asia, for example, and you will see how unrealistic the borders are.

If the borders were changed, though, then it wouldn't be too implausible.
The Timurids and the dominant Indian nation are the only things extraordinarily ASB, which has a very interesting story behind it. It involves Timur avoiding going to war with the Golden Horde and heading into China instead due to a faster end to the Yuan Empire, the Yuan princes ruling over Tibet and much of Mongolia fall under the protection of Timur. The Chagatai end up getting absorbed as well. Rather, a Timur like character.

Last edited:

scholar

Banned
I find the notion that the French (?) colonized just up the Saint Lawrence seaway and nowhere on the coast of North America to be implausible. One would at least expect a settlement at the mouth of the seaway, or on the Hudson.
That is actually the Iroquois Nations.