Is the Myth of the Lost Cause a myth in of itself?

Slavers weren't livestock, they had rights, the Southern courts determined that slaves were not equitable to a horse, also quite a good number of slaveowners recieved punishment for mistreating their slaves according to the book Slavery and the Law.

This is a trash argument. Slaves were literally property and legally treated as such. Yes, a separate type of property with different laws but that's because you rarely have to whip a table.

Reactionary is as stupid as calling someone a revolutionary or firebrand.

You are a slavery and CSA apologist and your reaction when called on this is to complain about the wording.

How haven’t you been banned yet?

He only really let his freak flag fly today. It's a big site, and you can creep by for years if you don't openly state all the awfulness you believe. Seen it plenty of times.

Slavery didn't look like Gone with the Wind.

It looked like this-

scourged_back_slave_lead_img.jpg

I don't know about Sally Hemmings too much, but I don't know if there is evidence to suggest she was a flatout rape victim, or if she was coerced perhaps.
As others said, slaves cannot give consent. And even if she could have, she was 16 when she was pregnant for the first time by Jefferson, who was 46. So that's a negative on both sides.

Ban
Slavery didn't look like Gone with the Wind.

It looked like this-

scourged_back_slave_lead_img.jpg

Interestingly enough about that picture, thats one of the only picturs of "Whipping" scars we have, we aren't even sure of the identity of the man in the picture but it was either a slave named Peter or George This is his story

"Ten days from to-day I left the plantation. Overseer Artayou Carrier whipped me. I was two months in bed sore from the whipping. My master come after I was whipped; he discharged the overseer.[12] My master was not present. I don't remember the whipping. I was two months in bed sore from the whipping and my sense began to come – I was sort of crazy. I tried to shoot everybody. They said so, I did not know. I did not know that I had attempted to shoot everyone; they told me so. I burned up all my clothes; but I don't remember that. I never was this way (crazy) before. I don't know what make me come that way (crazy). My master come after I was whipped; saw me in bed; he discharged the overseer. They told me I attempted to shoot my wife the first one; I did not shoot any one; I did not harm any one. My master's Capt. JOHN LYON,[13] cotton planter, on Atchafalya, near Washington, Louisiana. Whipped two months before Christmas.[14]"

Aye, but none of them say that.

Mississippi:

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin

Texas:

Texas abandoned her separate national existence and consented to become one of the Confederated Union to promote her welfare, insure domestic tranquility and secure more substantially the blessings of peace and liberty to her people. She was received into the confederacy with her own constitution, under the guarantee of the federal constitution and the compact of annexation, that she should enjoy these blessings. She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery-- the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits-- a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. Her institutions and geographical position established the strongest ties between her and other slave-holding States of the confederacy. Those ties have been strengthened by association. But what has been the course of the government of the United States, and of the people and authorities of the non-slave-holding States, since our connection with them?

South Carolina:

The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution.

Georgia:

The people of Georgia having dissolved their political connection with the Government of the United States of America, present to their confederates and the world the causes which have led to the separation. For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slave-holding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery. They have endeavored to weaken our security, to disturb our domestic peace and tranquility, and persistently refused to comply with their express constitutional obligations to us in reference to that property, and by the use of their power in the Federal Government have striven to deprive us of an equal enjoyment of the common Territories of the Republic.

Virginia:

The people of Virginia, in their ratification of the Constitution of the United States of America, adopted by them in Convention on the twenty-fifth day of June, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight, having declared that the powers granted under the said Constitution were derived from the people of the United States, and might be resumed whensoever the same should be perverted to their injury and oppression; and the Federal Government, having perverted said powers, not only to the injury of the people of Virginia, but to the oppression of the Southern Slaveholding States.

Confederated Vice President Alexander Stephens:

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery — subordination to the superior race — is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth. This truth has been slow in the process of its development, like all other truths in the various departments of science. It has been so even amongst us. Many who hear me, perhaps, can recollect well, that this truth was not generally admitted, even within their day. The errors of the past generation still clung to many as late as twenty years ago. Those at the North, who still cling to these errors, with a zeal above knowledge, we justly denominate fanatics. All fanaticism springs from an aberration of the mind — from a defect in reasoning. It is a species of insanity. One of the most striking characteristics of insanity, in many instances, is forming correct conclusions from fancied or erroneous premises; so with the anti-slavery fanatics; their conclusions are right if their premises were. They assume that the negro is equal, and hence conclude that he is entitled to equal privileges and rights with the white man

Major differences between the US and the CS constitution:

-Striking out "Person(s) held to Service or Labor" and replacing it with slavery or "Negro Slaves"
-Permitting the international slave trade, at least from the United States.
-Explicating adding protections for slavery in the bill of attainer clause/
-Changing Article IV Section 2 to: The citizens of each State shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several States; and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any State of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property; and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired,
-
Disallowing popular sovereignity in the territories and compelling them to accept slaves.

Slavery was the occasion for the civil war, the proximate cause, but not the final real cause
like how taxation was the cause for the American revolution, but the final real cause was representation in parliament.

So if the mean old North had only addressed this mythical "final real super-secret cause", the South would've said "fair enough, our grievances are resolved and we are willing to abolish slavery now" ?

Mississippi:

Texas:

South Carolina:

Georgia:

Virginia:

Confederated Vice President Alexander Stephens:

Major differences between the US and the CS constitution:

-Striking out "Person(s) held to Service or Labor" and replacing it with slavery or "Negro Slaves"
-Permitting the international slave trade, at least from the United States.
-Explicating adding protections for slavery in the bill of attainer clause/
-Changing Article IV Section 2 to: The citizens of each State shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several States; and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any State of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property; and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired,
-
Disallowing popular sovereignity in the territories and compelling them to accept slaves.

That has been my whole point of all these documents to point out the greater context beyond just a simple reading of an abridged reference to slavery. Like how you can't understand the declaration of independence without proper context, also the Cornerstone speech isn't a legal documents its a speech.

Interestingly enough about that picture, thats one of the only picturs of "Whipping" scars we have, we aren't even sure of the identity of the man in the picture but it was either a slave named Peter or George This is his story

"Ten days from to-day I left the plantation. Overseer Artayou Carrier whipped me. I was two months in bed sore from the whipping. My master come after I was whipped; he discharged the overseer.[12] My master was not present. I don't remember the whipping. I was two months in bed sore from the whipping and my sense began to come – I was sort of crazy. I tried to shoot everybody. They said so, I did not know. I did not know that I had attempted to shoot everyone; they told me so. I burned up all my clothes; but I don't remember that. I never was this way (crazy) before. I don't know what make me come that way (crazy). My master come after I was whipped; saw me in bed; he discharged the overseer. They told me I attempted to shoot my wife the first one; I did not shoot any one; I did not harm any one. My master's Capt. JOHN LYON,[13] cotton planter, on Atchafalya, near Washington, Louisiana. Whipped two months before Christmas.[14]"

Jesus fucking Christ. You are a slavery apologist. Thanks for dropping the mask and get the hell out of here.

That has been my whole point of all these documents to point out the greater context beyond just a simple reading of an abridged reference to slavery. Like how you can't understand the declaration of independence without proper context, also the Cornerstone speech isn't a legal documents its a speech.
So it's necessary to give context to the DoI, but an actual fucking speech giving actual fucking context to the secession of the south doesn't count? Bish...

Slavery is why the south seceded. All other reasons just swing back to slavery.

No, it's a bit of his story that you are quoting to try and discredit the picture. You're fucking cherry-picking things to attack a man who's dead, because his picture reveals what vile horseshit all your garbage is.

Well, you've settled how low you are willing to go. Earthworms are higher.