Is it possible for Raden Wijaya not to remove his first wife from history

Is it possible for Raden Wijaya not to remove his first wife from history even if his kids with her will not inherit, his probable first wife, Sasaban was technically useful for him when he was trying to usurp the throne of Singhasari, because her family's domains are near Yuan where he could ask Kublai to attack Singhasari.

1632649895519.png

Last edited:
Is it possible for Raden Wijaya not to remove his first wife from history even if his kids with her will not inherit, his probable first wife, Sasaban was technically useful for him when he was trying to usurp the throne of Singhasari, because her family's domains are near Yuan where he could ask Kublai to attack Singhasari.

View attachment 682908
Sorry could you rephrase because I'm not quite sure what you mean? I mean the premise seems interesting enough but whats' important about Raden Wijaya removing his wife from history (as in historical records??). I'm personally more acquainted with the Malacca and Aceh Sultanates so a quick rundown would be helpful

Sorry could you rephrase because I'm not quite sure what you mean? I mean the premise seems interesting enough but whats' important about Raden Wijaya removing his wife from history (as in historical records??). I'm personally more acquainted with the Malacca and Aceh Sultanates so a quick rundown would be helpful
I mean to say that after he gained the throne of Singhasari and married his known wives he did not try to have his earlier wife recorded but he and that wife were part of the epics in his wife's place although his wife's lands did become part of Majapahit and recorded in Negarakertagama.

Last edited:
I mean to say that after he gained the throne of Singhasari and married his known wives he did not try to have his earlier wife recorded but he and that wife were part of the epics in his wife's place although his wife's lands did become part of Majapahit and recorded in Negarakertagama.
Ohhh okay, that is an interesting POD. Well since the Negarakertagama does contain a list of Majapahit claims, territories, and tributaries it could result in the inclusion of the Tagalog states in The Phillippines into the environs of Nusantara. Hmm Cebu was ruled by a Chola Princedom and Maynila by a Muslim by the arrival of the Spanish so the Phillippines wasn't separate from Nusantara but this could I imagine direct Nusantaran attention and trade to Manila possibly creating a Nusantara style entrepot succeeding the collapse of Majapahit.

Ohhh okay, that is an interesting POD. Well since the Negarakertagama does contain a list of Majapahit claims, territories, and tributaries it could result in the inclusion of the Tagalog states in The Phillippines into the environs of Nusantara. Hmm Cebu was ruled by a Chola Princedom and Maynila by a Muslim by the arrival of the Spanish so the Phillippines wasn't separate from Nusantara but this could I imagine direct Nusantaran attention and trade to Manila possibly creating a Nusantara style entrepot succeeding the collapse of Majapahit.

Perhaps Luzon maintains its history better.

Did he really not try to have his wife recorder or is it that we haven't a document related to her after all it's not impossible for us to haven't found it yet, since we even haven't found the capital of Majapahit

Perhaps Luzon maintains its history better.
That too. Hmm honestly I wonder if it would have any effects on the development of Baybayin or might something closer to Hanacaraka/Aksara Jawa be used in place of it?
Did he really not try to have his wife recorder or is it that we haven't a document related to her after all it's not impossible for us to haven't found it yet, since we even haven't found the capital of Majapahit
You're thinking of Srivijaya, we know where Majapahits' Capital(s) were. Now the reason why the Nagarakretagama is important is that its one of the foundational texts (Hikayat in Later Malay Tradition and Kakawin in Javanese) that gave a Nusantaran State it's legitimacy to omit the name of a wife could be a mistake it could also be intentional on the part of the Chronicler. A better question would be to ask why? Maybe the chronicler thought of a Tagalog Princess as a bride to the great King of Java was not something that would have embellished or even increased the legitimacy of the Majapahit state and thus unimportant. Or maybe he thought it a great dishonor. These are valid questions.

But Epics in her land talk about her I.E. the Epic of Kumintang.
That too. Hmm honestly I wonder if it would have any effects on the development of Baybayin or might something closer to Hanacaraka/Aksara Jawa be used in place of it?

You're thinking of Srivijaya, we know where Majapahits' Capital(s) were. Now the reason why the Nagarakretagama is important is that its one of the foundational texts (Hikayat in Later Malay Tradition and Kakawin in Javanese) that gave a Nusantaran State it's legitimacy to omit the name of a wife could be a mistake it could also be intentional on the part of the Chronicler. A better question would be to ask why? Maybe the chronicler thought of a Tagalog Princess as a bride to the great King of Java was not something that would have embellished or even increased the legitimacy of the Majapahit state and thus unimportant. Or maybe he thought it a great dishonor. These are valid questions.
She is a Northern Luzon Princess to be exact, her kids were sent or left behind to their mother's lands according to the epic.

Of course since it seems that he has no use of her after Yuan seized Singhasari.

Last edited: