and

American Salvador Allende.

Your request is here my friend :)

Pac 2.PNG

Post 106 - American Nikolai Bukharin
  • Asami

Banned
    hAlmkvw.png

American Nikolai Bukharin; he was a very popular President, serving the (almost) full term of his predecessor, Franklin D. Roosevelt, who died of an aneurysm in 1945, along with his own from 1949 to 1953. His reign is notable for his tense relationship with Joseph Stalin, legend has it that Nicholas Bukharin and Joseph Stalin nearly got into a fist fight at the Potsdam Conference before they were restrained. Historians are unsure why Bukharin hated Stalin so much. Domestically, he continued FDR's Fair Deal, and created his own partner plan called the New Economic Plan, which got America through the post-war slump. He died in 1978 at his home in Sacramento.

Post 113/115 - American Pablo Escobar, Russian Mari Kiviniemi, Polish Stephen Harper
  • American Pablo Escobar, Russian Mari Kiviniemi, Polish Stephen Harper

alternate3.png

alternate3.png

Post 126 - Canadian Richard Nixon
  • shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
    Oldie from a different Thread, but I think it can go here.

Canadian Nixon

attachment.php

(Totally not writing a novel around this premise)

Post 127 - British Jerry Springer
  • Very good - I suspected he'd probably be in the Birch Society due to his close links to the Monday Club (then again even he found it too extreme and loony in his later years.)

Probably, though I think he'd distance himself from the nuts in the late 80s or so.

Also, here's a thing that's sort of relevant.

Gerald Springer has often been portrayed as a cloak and dagger schemer ever since the 1990's. However, this image is very much false. Springer was an arch Thatcherite, and accounts from Norman Tebbit say that he was close behind Cecil Parkinson in terms of the Prime Minister's favourite cabinet minister. He was noted for his crude humour, with Spitting Image portraying him as an overenthusiastic American style comedian. While this style annoyed many of his fellow ministers, it was pretty popular with the media, who constantly touted him as Thatcher's successor. In 1989, he originally attacked Howe for 'betraying' the Prime Minister, but eventually, he switched sides and called for her resignation. Despite this, he was promoted to Home Secretary in Thatcher's final reshuffle. Fortunately for Springer's career, Heseltine kept him on after his early victory, though he would be an internal critic of the new Prime Minister, namely his decision to call a snap election in November 1991, which Springer called 'thick'. The main reason his career ended a bit early was due to Tom King, who he never forgave for his actions in the leadership election (supposedly, King's allies sent out ads to Conservative voters in more socially conservative areas implying that Springer was gay).

Springer stuck on in the name of unity, and hoped that King would delegate more power to him following their landslide victory. The opposite would happen, with the Home office being locked out and displaced by Foreign and Defence. When the Prime Minister sacked him in 1998, Springer went to the backbenches and sulked for a year, before resigning as an MP to focus on a book writing career.

AWs65xx.png

Post 128 - German Franklin Roosevelt
  • Asami

Banned
    "Wir haben nichts zu fürchten, als die Furcht selbst!"
    - Frank Rosenfeld's first broadcast to the German people, 1933.

"Ich bin ruiniert..."
    - Adolf Hitler shortly before succumbing to his wounds in 1923.

2ekppUb.png