In this country , it is good to kill an admiral from time to time

unknown.png

A map prior to the war. Please signal me any mistake I might have made with labelling, but I believe that is pretty much it.

Last edited:
A map prior to the war. Please signal me any mistake I might have made with labelling, but I believe that is pretty much it.
I may be mistaken, but wasn't Andorra absorbed by France at some point?
EDIT: Albania seems to be lacking the territories it recently acquired with the fall of North Italy. The south of Saxony should also now be Bavarian per post-Great war treaties (although it was only shown on Antony's Europe map, not on the world map). And, this is a personal interpretation, but I would have placed the former border of Dutch Germany (now the border between France en Westphalia if I am not mistaken in my interpretation of the post-Great War treaties) slighlty more eastward (in order to have a bigger portion of "Germany" within Dutch Germany).

Last edited:
you didn't say that France was an empire and you forgot the french outpost on madagascar, except for this is a excellent map.
I couldn't find where France escalated from Kingdom to Empire, and if it's like Victoria being Empress of India, then I'm not including it.
The French outpost on Madagascar, I will check the story again.
I may be mistaken, but wasn't Andorra absorbed by France at some point?
EDIT: Albania seems to be lacking the territories it recently acquired with the fall of North Italy. The south of Saxony should also now be Bavarian per post-Great war treaties (although it was only shown on Antony's Europe map, not on the world map). And, this is a personal interpretation, but I would have placed the former border of Dutch Germany (now the border between France en Westphalia if I am not mistaken in my interpretation of the post-Great War treaties) slighlty more eastward (in order to have a bigger portion of "Germany" within Dutch Germany).
I doubt Andorra was ever absorbed, it was still on Antony's 1917 map.
Albania acquiring non-continuous portions of Dalmatia when Kotor was as far as Venetian dalmatia went doesn't make sense.
As for the French borders, I decided having French Guelders would make more sense than giving them more land further East. France already has enough peoples to assimilate.
@DracoLazarus Excellent map, but you forgot to add that France owns Aden.
Aden is French on the map. It's just small.

I couldn't find where France escalated from Kingdom to Empire, and if it's like Victoria being Empress of India, then I'm not including it.
according to my memories France became an empire at the time when the colonies had the statue of overseas territory (Canada, Egypt and India)

On March 1904, the Queen of France declared a referendum would be submitted to the population of every land officially recognised as part of the Bourbon home and colonial sphere. The Kingdom of France, triumphant from the Great War, had accomplished its mission, but now new challenges on the world stage awaited and the millions of French living in North America, India and Egypt had proved their loyalty beyond doubt. It was time for France to decide if it truly wanted to become the Empire its conquests and victories granted it the right to be. The National Assembly would become the Imperial Assembly, and for the first time all the ‘colonial’ provinces would be truly represented.

Many high nobles gritted their teeth in anger, understanding that since the number of seats was only slightly increasing and the number of Queen-appointed nobles and clerics stayed the same, the difference had to come from somewhere and they were the prime target. They were right. Several hours-long speeches from Charlotte II and her new ministerial appointees heavily criticised the decadent behaviour certain segments of the French society who had stayed in their palaces and played the fools while millions of men bled and died in Germany, Mysore, or in Louisiana.

The referendum was more a plebiscite than a true electoral contest. Charlotte II won the public support in a thunderous ninety-five percent of the votes, and on May 1905, became officially Empress Charlotte I of France.
It was in post number 2138 🙂. And thank you for the map.

The Sacred Cause of Anarchy (The Balkans at War 1923)

With the collapse of the fronts and the general retreat of the Serbians towards Belgrade, the Russian Generals sent by the Tsarina believed the occupation of the formerly Anarchist-ruled country would be something boring.

They were rudely disappointed when the first assassinations and the bombs hidden in great and small vehicles began to explode. Hundreds of kilometres to the north, several monuments commemorating the Great War in Polish and Austrian territory were vandalised. On January 12, the isolationist Minister of War for the Dual Republic was assassinated in the streets of Regensburg. The morning after this tragedy, it was a former Russian soldier who killed the Polish Minister of Economy before taking his own life with grenades and more improvised explosives.

The Anarchist’s Levellers campaign of terror had begun, and no country was safe from their murderous crimes.

Just as the Greek and Russian soldiers truly realised the magnitude of the brainwashing thousands of Serbians had been on the receiving end of, a Count and a Duke were murdered by young women they should have known better to open their doors to. Before the Arc of triumph of the Great War, a French General was stabbed several times and half a dozen soldiers were wounded when the assassin tried to take as many men with him in his suicidal explosion.

England wasn’t spared as a barrack was trapped and pulverised, killing dozens of young men, though the Prince and the Generals who had been supposed to be there on a routine inspection had cancelled at the last moment and thus escaped death. Even Free Amsterdam wasn’t spared, several bank owners having the last surprise of their lives as madmen destroyed the doors and unleashed carnage for no discernible reason whatsoever.

But most of the goals of the Anarchists failed utterly. France, England, Denmark, Poland and more European nations were far from convinced by the number of old Russian uniforms the terrorists were always leaving in their quarters before going on to commit mass murder and worse.

And it didn’t help that while the overwhelming majority of the men and the women acting to kill the leadership and remarkable people among the citizenry were never interrogated, a lot of the Anarchist agents had not the time to be taught a single sentence in Russian.

The contingency had existed for a long time, but the new rulers of Belgrade had failed to adapt it to the circumstances. The reaction of the authorities was therefore extremely violent and its full strength directed at the Anarchist movement. Paris, Warsaw, London, or Madrid were livid; these brutes had already tried to engineer a war between Russia and the Sublime Porte, and now they killed thousands of people across Europe? This wasn’t going to be tolerated.

The Spanish led the most violent wave of repression, though no Empire, kingdom or Republic refrained to paint the hands of their enforcers red. The gloves were truly off. The few Anarchist organisations of Western and Eastern Europe which hadn’t been declared illegal saw the bludgeon fall upon their heads. Anarchist sympathisers were arrested and often tortured. Anarchist lodges were raided before being dragged down to their tribunals in record time.

The Anarchist attacks didn’t stop, but they slowed down. Their thousands of potential recruits were on their way to the Kerguelen, or other inhospitable prisons where they would be lucky to last ten years given the terrible conditions they were living into. The cells of assassins tried to increase the pace of operations, but with new security measures made by the police and the armed forces, the agents who volunteered rarely came back. After a few bloody ‘successes’, the philosophy of the Anarchist movement also caused problem. Religious fanatics might believe they would be rewarded in the afterlife, but the locals recruited via diverse means were in their great majority atheist. And needless to say, there was a difference between taking up arms and fighting for freedom and one hundred percent guarantee of dying in an attack the newspapers and the radio frequencies were vilifying at every hour of the day and night.

Things weren’t any better in Serbia proper. Once the Russian and Greek divisions had realised that the wave of killings from civilians were the norm, not the exception, the coalition’s flag officers reacted with unrestrained brutality, not that a lot of their soldiers had waited for them to issue orders: when several men of your regiment are found dead at dawn and the only people in sight are the people you ‘freed’ from Anarchism, the final outcome was as horrible as it was predictable. Aggravating factor: as the engines of the transports, the tanks, and the advanced weaponry broke and the spare parts’ availability decreased, the offensive slowed down...and the soldiers had a lot of vodka bottles to empty.

The Greek soldiers were far more disciplined, but the Serbians were their neighbours too, and like a generation ago, there were too many feuds and grudges to pay for them to care about things like mercy and tolerance of the other.

The war wasn’t one month long, and already it was beginning to reach levels of ugliness and viciousness rarely equalled in warfare. The uncontested Russian domination of the skies meant that the destruction of cities and villages were a matter of hours when the Generals of Anastasia gave their approval, and they rarely refused it. ‘Suspicious’ citizens – which in Anarchist territory could mean everyone – were herded in large camps where feeding the prisoners wasn’t a priority.

The Levellers’ terror-bringers retaliated, but their army was falling apart, and the retreat to Belgrade was more and more transforming itself into a rout.

In fact, by the end of January, the capital was the last bastion where the remnants of army and irregular gathered. Less than a third of their initial order of battle still lived.

Rational politicians would have surrendered by then, if only to save their own skins. The Levellers, unfortunately had very different plans...

Last edited:
I doubt Andorra was ever absorbed, it was still on Antony's 1917 map.
When Louis XVIII was acclaimed by the crowd massing out of the cathedral, he presented himself as King of Andorra, bringing the semi-autonomy of the encircled Princedom to an end.
The meeting between the two Empresses took place in the town of Andorra, which for some time had achieved some fame by being an independent principality between the two realms before it was encircled and finally annexed.
After a bit a searching, it appears Andorra is indeed French now.
On another subject, you might want to color Cartier as core. Or not. It depends whether you show the official status or something more akin to the actual developpement of the place:
There was some problems with two French companies involved in the fur trade in the past, and some administrators back in France wanted to squeeze some money...and a new province was created. For reasons which have everything to do with politics, even the ending of some questionable hunting and trade practises in the region have been unable to end the existence of the province

according to my memories France became an empire at the time when the colonies had the statue of overseas territory (Canada, Egypt and India)
unknown.png

Created French provinces in Egypt (the Western and Eastern deserts remain colonial in nature though) and in India.
Provinces in Egypt : Cyrénaique Orientale, Egypte Occidentale, Delta du Nil (w. Alexandrie), Basse-Egypte, Egypte Centrale, Haute-Egypte, Basse-Nubie, Egypte Orientale, Suez, Sinai, Gaza, and Transjordania.
Provinces in India : Ceylon, Travancore, Mysore, Bas-Coromandel (w. Pondichéry), Haut-Coromandel, Orissa, Deccan, Gujarat, Marathas, Inde Centrale.
After a bit a searching, it appears Andorra is indeed French now.
On another subject, you might want to color Cartier as core. Or not. It depends whether you show the official status or something more akin to the actual developpement of the place:
I prefered to mark it as territorial. It's underdevelopped snow, I'm marking it like the Egyptian deserts.
Andorra annexed to the province of Catalonia.

Oh, and I noticed that the True Empire of New Spain couldn't be based in Chihuahua because apparently the map placed all of the current Mexican state of Chihuahua in French hands.

Oh, and another thing, I never quite understood why they called it the Grand-Duchy of Poland when they could've called it the Grand-Duchy of Lithuania.

Their thousands of potential recruits were on their way to Guyana, or other inhospitable prisons
Are we to understand that the Anarchists are striking as far as the UPNG, or did the French subrepticely snatched their former colony back while the author was looking in the other direction? :p

Are we to understand that the Anarchists are striking as far as the UPNG, or did the French subrepticely snatched their former colony back while the author was looking in the other direction? :p
It's more likely they're getting a paid visit to the Salad Kerguelen islands.