If you had to revive any empire- which would it be?

He also mentioned Leopold II who's been dead for quite a while and I'm sure is thus ineligible to be in charge of modern Belgium.
Assuming you were refering to me I think you might want to re-read my posts. Whilst I certainly mentioned Albert II, the name Leopold appears nowhere in them.

Also lol at the Britain whitewash; the empire was only good if you were in a white dominion, sorry to say.
As mentioned in my original post, and again quoted by Sword of the South, this was done under the assumption that the empires would be resurrected under the current day colonial powers governments. And for all the current protesting over some of their measures I think the modern day British political parties would broadly try and run things as I suggested. If we have to bring back the social attitudes of the empires we resurrecting as well then that would certainly make me change some of my choices, I'm under no illusions about how bad the British Empire could be at times.

poor Belgium ...allot of haters for such a little country....

I vote bring back in this order

1. German Empire
2. Austria-Hungry
3. Ottoman Empire

Germany.. Well my family is from Germany so I am all for that

Austria - Hungry would be a good thing for the Balkans esp. if it went United States of Austria.

Ottomans would be better for the middle east then what we have now

Russia is very much better off with out the Romanov's ..

If you had to revive any empire- which would it be and why? Awesomeness is accapted as an advantage, but not as the whole reason.

If anything at all........why not revive the Russian Empire, albeit a much nicer and far less oppressive one{IMO, getting rid of the more fanatic religious idiots and maybe even a few German nobles would be a great start ;)}?

If anything at all........why not revive the Russian Empire, albeit a much nicer and far less oppressive one{IMO, getting rid of the more fanatic religious idiots and maybe even a few German nobles would be a great start ;)}?

Well you would have to get rid of niki for a start.. the buffoon couldnt rule in any manner that helped mother russia. Alexander III living might have helped. or as many postulate, passing it to Grand Duke Michael, as he seemed a tad more open to change

funny as i am mostly german but part russian i can never decided whether to invade myself or send my self off to the camps...

Speaking of the Russian Empire if we really wanted to go for a full on Vlad Tepes scenario why not revive the Mongolian Khanate under the Bogd Khan, with Baron Roman Nikolai Maximilian von Ungern-Sternberg running the government. Hilarity (for a certain value of hilarity) ensues.

Oh just look how badass this is.

osmanli.JPG

Sir Chaos

Banned
Speaking of the Russian Empire if we really wanted to go for a full on Vlad Tepes scenario why not revive the Mongolian Khanate under the Bogd Khan, with Baron Roman Nikolai Maximilian von Ungern-Sternberg running the government. Hilarity (for a certain value of hilarity) ensues.

Get rubber boots for everyone, though - because the blood will be running ankle-deep.

How about one of the better Chinese empires - maybe Tang dynasty in its heyday?

Axum in and around the Horn of Africa would be an improvement over the clusterbloop we have there right now.

Deleted member 1487

Ottomans hands down. We need stability and secularism in the Middle East and they provided it.

nah dude. King David conquered so many kingdoms in his time and kept them all peacefully, but then his descendants screwed it up

Also lol at the Britain whitewash; the empire was only good if you were in a white dominion, sorry to say.

I don't really get criticising the British empire as being 'bad', whilst ignoring the Seleucids, Romans, Mongols, Ottomans - in fact basically every other empire.

Plus (arguably) the worst things that happened in the British Empire happened to the Irish, who last I checked are white.

I don't really get criticising the British empire as being 'bad', whilst ignoring the Seleucids, Romans, Mongols, Ottomans - in fact basically every other empire.

Plus (arguably) the worst things that happened in the British Empire happened to the Irish, who last I checked are white.

Oh come now we know those red headed people are not white... just like spainards ... and anyone from my state of michigan... why is it that spainards are not considered white in the usa? Confusion reins supreme... by the way for the humor challanged and or the insecure ... the following was an attempt at humor

I am russian and german and most days I can't figure out whether or not to invade myself or ship myself tothe work camps

The Imperium of Man:p
New tank designs?? HERESY!

The German Empire after winning the First World War. Excellent education, stable, somewhat democratic and a strong economy. Would keep Europe from being swamped by millions of Arabs and Africans without turning it into a totalitarian hellhole.

The British Empire for it's Liberal traditions, wise leadership and impressive cultural output. The fact poverty has increased in Africa since the British left is telling of the competence of their rule.

Republican and Mid-Empire Rome for it's stability (well excluding certain Emperors) and highly impressive infrastructure (what was not surpassed until the nineteenth century) that allowed pan-European/African/Eastern trade to develop and create prosperity. Slavery, what held back technology advances in agriculture (perhaps the one area Rome was quite technologically weak in) appeared to be slowly dying out.

I'm tempted to say Yugoslavia, but it really was too dependent on Tito for survival. Tito-era Yugoslavia definitely though.

The German Empire after winning the First World War. Excellent education, stable, somewhat democratic and a strong economy. Would keep Europe from being swamped by millions of Arabs and Africans without turning it into a totalitarian hellhole.

Oschariah, we cannot possibly know that. It could have been a devestating victory of attrition, which would have left Germany's economy in tatters after the blockade, and the possibility of a military dictatorship. Oh, and how is Europe being "swamped by millions of Arabs and Africans" going to come into practice outside of a 1930s pulp Yellow Peril story?

Oschariah, we cannot possibly know that. It could have been a devestating victory of attrition, which would have left Germany's economy in tatters after the blockade, and the possibility of a military dictatorship. Oh, and how is Europe being "swamped by millions of Arabs and Africans" going to come into practice outside of a 1930s pulp Yellow Peril story?
Good question.