I like Doug

*sounds of CalBear throwing a fit, assuming Fetal position and then going into Cardiac arrest in 3....2....1....*

That being said, it would be an utter nightmare, a nuclear, glow-in-the-dark one.

Hm, who should I do a Presidential TL on first? George McGovern, George Wallace, or Douglas MacArthur? Decisions, decisions, decisions..........

Garrison

Donor
Hm, who should I do a Presidential TL on first? George McGovern, George Wallace, or Douglas MacArthur? Decisions, decisions, decisions..........
Well there is a MacArthur presidency thread ongoing, likewise Wallace is president in 'Fear, Loathing, and Gumbo'.

sharlin

Banned
*sounds of CalBear throwing a fit, assuming Fetal position and then going into Cardiac arrest in 3....2....1....*

You're kidding right...i'm expecting a rapidly approaching, screaming Calbear to appear and try and flying kick this thread...

Is it really a forgone conclusion that on entering office, Doug Mackarthur would be as Newc-happy as most assume? It's not so much that I don't think he would launch newcs, but given that electing Reagan was seen as risky before he became president, wouldn't Mackarthur, if elected (and faced with the realities of the presidency), tone down his actions?

Garrison

Donor
Is it really a forgone conclusion that on entering office, Doug Mackarthur would be as Newc-happy as most assume? It's not so much that I don't think he would launch newcs, but given that electing Reagan was seen as risky before he became president, wouldn't Mackarthur, if elected (and faced with the realities of the presidency), tone down his actions?

In 49' there's no prospect of retaliation to a strike, in fact until August the Soviets don't even have the bomb.

Phyrx

Banned
In the POTUS Mac thread he intervened in the Second Chinese Civil War - with nukes. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Marc A
So? :confused:

Whenever we talk about MacArthur on this forum someone brings this up, like somehow it matters. Is there some sacred law that no one is allowed to use nukes except against the Axis? And if they do, the universe will implode? I understand we all question MacArthur's abilities as a general but I swear you people are more horrified by the thought of him than you are of Genghis Kahn becoming President. It will not be "an utter nightmare" for anybody, except the Chinese if they don't pull out of Korea. Please, explain your thought processes, because I'm bewildered.