How would hats have looked post 1960s?

If hats had stayed in male fashion after the 1960s, what types of hats could have been "in" during each decade, 1970s to 2010s? Today's available hats are usually just vague iterations of older types, and their use is an oddity, except for the sports cap type, which is the "t-shirt of headgears", so to say.

Could there have been really new types, or just mass appearances of existing models?

We have also seen a drastic reduction in suit usage, and that is probably a related issue, although the bareheaded fashion could have been avoided anyway, and if so, something must be worn on the skull, but what?

I think they would be simplified, with brims becoming smaller and softer. Also greater variety of colours, with red, green and dark yellow being more common.

Full disclosure: I wear a hat like this (except brown) because it's awesome!

58.jpg

Perhaps the hat of the 2010s would be the tricorn, given both teapartyists and sea pirates and internet pirates, or was that more of the 2000s? Popular revolutions through demonstrations might be more en vogue nowadays, but what is connected to such? Keffiyeh or fez or cossack hat?

The actual 1970s suit hat was more reminiscent of the narrowbrimmed 1960s ones, but that shape does not really correspond to 1970s shapes generally, with those wide things on the ends of legs and collars and so on, so they should really have been more wide slouching hats, I think. 1970s had a lot of military coups, so officers' hats could also be something.

The 1990s hat could have been the two-sided napoleon-style hat, given the European integration and expansion.

The late 1980s had the dissolvement of the communist regimes (flat cap), and the mid-1980s had the yuppie era (top hat), while the late 1970s saw a return to straighter shapes in fashion (bowler hat).